Browns - Cade York | Barking Hard

Browns Cade York

If I were an NFL head coach, the kicker and the punter are the first players I would trade.
Then I would tell the players we will never punt and never settle for a field goal.
4 down football all the way, just like how we used to play Madden when it was still good.

Then I would ask who is able to kick off.

"How are we going to feel passing on him and having someone else take him, vs taking him now and having some say we took a kicker too early .... so we took him"

- Paul Depodesta

Kickers for life…

lol

as important as a qb

we’ll sorta

For sure. You need two FGs (possessions) or a TD to gain a lead on a FG. And against this defence, points should be at a premium most weeks. It makes every turnover inside 60 a nightmare, it makes every drive which can gain 20-30 yards a potential scoring opportunity. It makes those semi-good returns legitimate scoring opportunities. And none of it requires stellar quarterback play.

So many games in the NFL are determined by fewer than 10 points. If you're one of those teams with a booming kicker, I feel you could probably dig deep and find teams need to score an additional touchdown to account for the extra FG or two which the team can kick every week.

Again, haven't done any math on it, but I think a great kicker can earn you can extra two or three wins on the season. God knows how many losses we've had in recent years due to poor kicking.

As for York himself, I've simply never seen a player earn the "as advertised" tag so quickly. He couldn't reasonably be kicking better at this point.

For sure. You need two FGs (possessions) or a TD to gain a lead on a FG. And against this defence, points should be at a premium most weeks. It makes every turnover inside 60 a nightmare, it makes every drive which can gain 20-30 yards a potential scoring opportunity. It makes those semi-good returns legitimate scoring opportunities. And none of it requires stellar quarterback play.

So many games in the NFL are determined by fewer than 10 points. If you're one of those teams with a booming kicker, I feel you could probably dig deep and find teams need to score an additional touchdown to account for the extra FG or two which the team can kick every week.

Again, haven't done any math on it, but I think a great kicker can earn you can extra two or three wins on the season. God knows how many losses we've had in recent years due to poor kicking.

As for York himself, I've simply never seen a player earn the "as advertised" tag so quickly. He couldn't reasonably be kicking better at this point.
The kid may become the all leader in points scored on this team providing he finishes his career here. and maintains that kind of production... I'm stoked for this kids talent... While Phil Dawson was excellent... This kid might become extra phenomenal...

14 fuckin’ points from Cade fuckin’ York in game one.

Simply would not have won it without him.

We’re gonna need some atypical wins for this first 11 games.

One down. Ten to go.
Honestly thought he could have had 6 more. I guess Stefanski said he would have tried the long FG earlier but he didn't want it to be that long on York's first kick.

Honestly thought he could have had 6 more. I guess Stefanski said he would have tried the long FG earlier but he didn't want it to be that long on York's first kick.

It was really good strategy by Stefanski to build Cade's confidence and not potentially destroy it right off the bat with a big miss. It clearly worked. Credit to Stefanski on managing Cade's first game masterfully.

Top Bottom