Cavs and the 2020 Draft | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Cavs and the 2020 Draft

^^^Shiiiiiiitt bro?!^^^

The Cavs have always sucked. Except for a couple runs and LBJ over the course of 50 some years it's a for shit franchise. Gilbert spends money I guess so there's that, but otherwise it's for shit basketball.

The Cavs have always sucked. Except for a couple runs and LBJ over the course of 50 some years it's a for shit franchise.
Hold on.......... of that 50 seasons 23 were winning seasons. and the only Championship of Our Lives
not suck
edit
Browns only 13 of the past 50 seasons were winning seasons.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be a bad time to suck (with good player development), as there are exceedingly high expectations for next year's lottery crop. Per The Athletic's draft guy Sam Vecenie, 5-7 of those dudes could've gone #1 overall in this year's draft.

It's part of why I'm okay with the Okoro pick: he should have ample time to work on his shooting, hopefully turning it into at least a modest plus by the time their next franchise guy's ready to lead a playoff squad.

And with his defensive versatility, Okoro won't artificially constrain who they consider for that QB role. Seems like you could get into trickier territory with a guy like Obi Toppin, whose suspect lateral agility may make him a liability, not just a tweener, and force you to hide him defensively in ways typically reserved for the top offensive guy (eg, a Harden or a Luka type).

Ultimately, that could prove to be a key difference between Toppin & '19 mad guy/draft steal Brandon Clarke.

Here's the thing. when was the last player taken in the top 10 picks because of his defensive ability ? in the NBA
those guys who do pan out other than Marcus Smart, most are much later picks Draymond pick 35 etc
even now with Smart they sub him in & out late in games still due to his poor shooting.

Defense in the NBA can be taught easier than shooting in most cases. look what LBJ did with JR, that is a amazing case but still.

Agree that you'd rather take a Jayson Tatum than a Marcus Smart or a Jaylen Brown...but they're all good players, even if only one's a true max/franchise guy. Similar deal in Phoenix, where Devin Booker's the marquee young'un but Mikal Bridges (10th pick in '18) is a key defensive cog/complementary offensive piece.

If you look at those secondary dudes' freshman year shooting numbers, they're all of a similar profile:

Marcus Smart: 29.0 3PT%, 77.7 FT%

Jaylen Brown: 30.0 3PT%, 65.1 FT%

Mikal Bridges: 29.9 3PT%, 78.7 FT%

Isaac Okoro: 28.6 3PT%, 67.2 FT%

Hopefully, Okoro converges on a best case, Brown-esque outcome. I do worry a bit that the Cavs will panic if his shooting seems to be getting in the way of winning, but their (lack of) FA moves suggest they aren't really in a rush to maximize W's.

Last edited:
Hold on.......... of that 50 seasons 23 were winning seasons. and the only Championship of Our Lives
not suck
edit
Browns only 13 of the past 50 seasons were winning seasons.
Btw I just looked it up and of those winning seasons damn near half were with LBJ. Without LBJ's influence the Cavs are one of the top notch for shit franchises in the NBA.

Btw I just looked it up and of those winning seasons damn near half were with LBJ. Without LBJ's influence the Cavs are one of the top notch for shit franchises in the NBA.
But they were with LBJ. it was GREAT............. in our lifetimes. not Shit LOL

Liking the early Okoro — he's credibly replaced Tristan as the feisty Cav who could play at FirstEnergy. Dude's already better than Mack Wilson.

Windler seems to be going thru an adjustment period getting his shot off vs NBA athletes: too bad the pandemic will make it tougher to jump-start his development via the G-League, like the Heat did with Duncan Robinson. But the lefty's passing appears to be an added plus: the Okoro-Windler-Big Man frontcourts they've been tinkering with could be a nice way to add spacing & ball movement to small ball-ish bench units.

Garland showed plenty of craft & some added juice in the first half Saturday night...then kind of tailed off? Hopefully he's just pacing himself, not dealing with the tired legs that plagued him last season. The condensed schedule will test his resilience, for sure.

Hope to see more good things (and not too much Toppin FOMO) vs NYK.

Our first 10 games 7 are road games. the books have us at 22 wins. I'll foolishly take the over at 24-25. if they can go 5-5 out the gate, 20 out of 62 not out of the question. what the books might be missing is the back to back games, it's hard in the regular season to beat teams twice in a row. that could be the 2 or 3 games I need.

Warning
Do not gamble

Man Okoro looks much better than I anticipated. Nice W to start off the season. Cavs will be much better than the prognosticators predict.

They got the 5 wins out of their first 10 games.

What a game this was without the 2 guards who dominate the ball they played team ball. with tough D. these Cav's are buying into the message from JB. GREAT WATCH

They should've signed Jeremy Lin he's a much better & complete player, plus he' a vet. our young guards could learn from him.

And again
How good is this team ? we will find out.
The trade or let me say steal of Allen & Prince 2 real NBA guys improved us quickly. add that to a real coach Shazam.
Sexton who I have picked on in the past picked up 9 dimes. maybe he can find good teammates. thank You Nets

Top Bottom