Cavs Draft 2020 | Barking Hard

Cavs Draft 2020

Shep

Awards
Not to get all reductive, but I feel confident we won't draft anybody under 6'5" for 2 or 3 and we won't draft a pure 4 or 5. We mostly need 3s with some length who can shoot. And with the way KJP is playing, feels like we're set on the 3 guards.

Could we eventually start Garland, Sexton, KJP, Love, and Drummond? Maybe, but that perimeter defense is really soft. I think KJP is a 2, maybe Sexton ends up as Lou Williams, and we need a true 3.

Deni and Obi stand out most to me right now. Thoughts?

IMO the team needs to get a 3 or someone who could start at the big positions, maybe a F who can play SF or PF like that Isreli kid, Avdija or Okoro from Auburn. The Cavs have been dreadful on defense, worst defensive effeciency in the nba IIRC. We need to draft someone who can play defense IMO a physical kid like Okongwu would be worth considering.

Draft

They have to draft BAP. 2 years of drafts not sure anyone on this team is still here 4 years from now. Sexy needs to find teammates more. or he'll be a bench player, he's gotten his chances. as of the moment players drafted after him not making the choice look real bad.. there's that.

He's like 7th in scoring in the East for the calendar year, though, like almost 23 a game. That's not easy to find and he's hitting threes now, not just a speed guy. He's so valuable, more a matter of how you choose to use him (to me). I see a long career as the next Lou Williams myself, can step in at either spot, plays 30 like Redick.

I'm seeing four starters I love: Drummond, either Love or Nance (rounding out game so well), Garland, and KJP. I think that opens the spot for the 3 unless we do indeed make some trades. I would lean to Deni because he has both sides of his game awfully advanced at 19, but I also love Obi, another guy expanding his game. And he's 22, ready to play, like Windler.

Under that plan, I think we'd keep Love because there's certainly some hope this team could win.

Starters:

Drummond
Love
Garland
KJP
Deni (for example)

Bench:

Sexton
Nance
Windler
Cedi

Might move Cedi if Windler looks better. But that's a damn good team. Seems better than an Indiana to me.

Good Team

Let me tell you something about a Good NBA Team. they always have 1 if not 2 players every team would want on their team. that team you named there has no such player. a Good NBA Team also has 1 if not 2 players that are nearly untouchable in that the fan base would morn the loss of a certain player, the team you named there has no such player. not 1. no Star period.

Sexton has improved over last season in most areas. but not in assists which is important for a guy with his usage rate. sure he scores a lot because he shoots a lot. if you watch the games you will see him not getting the ball to open players. over & over again. but he's just in his second year we will see.

Top Bottom