Cavs Set to Hire John Beilein | Barking Hard

Cavs Set to Hire John Beilein

First Dan Gilbert replaced the great Michael Reghi as the Cavs announcer with the very average Fred McLeod. Now another Michigander as HC. Not that I care about the HC's hometown, but Reghi was the best. Far better than McLeod who is good too. It's obvious who makes the decisions in this organization so if it comes between a guy with a Michigan history and everybody else then Michigan man gets the job.

EVERY TIME!

thumbup

Word around CLE is that he was interviewing for NBA jobs last year, but never connected, but you're right. I didn't know of him until Dan hired him.

:cool:

Late

He would have been a good hire YEARS ago like 5-10. but now he's what you football guys call a Gap hire. lol

He like Blatt was not willing to pay dues on the bench learning This game. so I say less than 200 games.

Excellent post MMW.
Now that you mentioned it I saw Altman on TV say he would be an excellent coach for the next few years! Which also means we're not going to do much in the meantime.

Shiiiit bro...There ain't a GM in the world that Dan likes other than himself.
Everybody knows that!
:cigar:

He would have been a good hire YEARS ago like 5-10. but now he's what you football guys call a Gap hire. lolHe like Blatt was not willing to pay dues on the bench learning This game. so I say less than 200 games.
Some guys jump straight from college and have success, but they typically don't take NBA HC jobs unless they have a good roster to work with. Brad Stevens, for example. I was surprised that he wanted the job in the first place. I think he's a good coach, but unless you're from the Popovich school of motion offense, NBA isn't about coaching. It's about players. You're probably right. It'll likely wind up being a gap hire when it's all said and done. I think Blatt's biggest failure was an inability to communicate or connect with NBA players. That, and he wasn't a LeBron guy. That's a death sentence.

And that's not Blatt's fault. He was hired before LeBron was. Blatt likely thought as the HC he would have the power of delegating assignments to all his players, but in the NBA players have as much as if not more power than the HC's who are responsible to tell the players their assignments. Blatt was not going to placate LBJ and LBJ was not taking orders from Euro dude HC.

:shitroll:

Well it doesn't matter who the coach is until the Cavs get some ballers (fell to FIFTH in the draft... hopefully Altman can grab someone who can make an impact with Sexton. We have some interesting young talent who has either never blossomed and some good role players but I look at the current roster and I see another year near the bottom of the NBA regardless of who we draft.

Top Bottom