Browns - Clowney on the Clowns | Barking Hard

Browns Clowney on the Clowns

iMogwai85

Awards
Well, ahm. . . looks like Clowney proooobably-definitely won't be back, next year. Unless Woods and half his defensive staff - incl. Kiffin - are the ones to go, and JB *does* indeed believe in Clowney. . . this interview probably helps punch your ticket outta town. Yikes.

For this staff the thing to do is to not play him Sunday or better yet tell him to stay at home.

What did he expect the D to do when we have a player who opponents game plan around? Did he think schemes would put him in a position to take advantage? And guess what? YOU re-signed with the Browns DA!! Don't bitch now when you knew how things on the defensive side worked! If it was so bad why come back for more?

Keep his ass away from the team. He's burned bridges. Cut him yesterday if possible and roll with rookies Isaiah Thomas and Wright.

*Note that in training camp he said he loved Perrion Winfrey and was going to take part in his development and Winfrey has had internal issues.*

Btw, I'm pretty sure 3G would have settled this BS before anyone knew about it. Feelings might've been hurt. But it would've been over with.

First off. Every team has a disgruntled player stuff. It comes and goes. For us, most recently, it’s been Duke Johnson, Njoku, Kareem etc. It all unfolds as it should in the end.

Secondly, sounds like he’s pouting …

Clowney dropping truth bombs. Tried to tell yah. Your boy Garrett has GOT to go. Or the defensive coaching staff. One or the other. (preferably both)

He really isn't wrong about anything. They have to move Garrett to the weakest Tackle or he just doesnt produce, and they can't have that out of their #1 pick. If they trade him, it's a brilliant move, really. If not, more of the same.

Show Me The Money GIF

Clowney is all about Clowney. He is selfish and not a team player. This is who he has been his entire career (including high school and college)...along with never staying healthy. He has always overvalued himself. No culture or coaching staff is (or will ever) going change that. This isn't a Browns thing.

He is also an elite talent. You know all of the above when you sign him and know there is huge risk...and you just hope 1) you get elite production 2) he stays healthy enough to get good production 3) his attitude doesn't effect others.

You can bang on the Browns culture for a lot of other things...but not Clowney or his attitude.

One malcontent does not mean he speaks the truth for the entire place. Gimme Watson's attitude any day over Clowney. I agree with the OBR this morning:

Clowney feels that Myles Garrett gets favorable match-ups against lesser offensive linemen instead of him: “You’re all trying to get somebody into the Hall of Fame when all that matters is winning,” Clowney told Cabot. “Everybody got here for a reason, and we can all make plays. I know I am.”

I’m not exactly sure what that means, but Clowney’s unhappiness shows up in his apparent refusal to be used in certain ways, such as selfishly refusing to be used in certain match-ups against the Ravens, saying that he’s “too old” for that sort of thing

Dams straight Joe Woods should use Myles over lesser O-lineman. Abso-fuckin-lutely. Any DC should be able to move a player wherever he wants.

Clowney is always hurt, and can't get to the QB. He's just got short-timers. BTW, we've heard this from Duke Johnson, Njoku, and Kareem. Players get frustrated when they aren't getting the attention they desire. They turn into travel baseball parents bitching about their kid not getting enough playing time.

Frankly, I don't mind Clowney saying whatever he wants, but I don't buy he has "outted" a damn thing. Give me the quotes from Pocic, Teller, Bitonio, Chubb, Watson, Walker, Jacoby, Myles, Taki, the entire DB room etc etc.

Then again, I've never been a conspiracy theorist. Is Clowney frustrated? Sure. We've all been frustrated before ... no biggie. Has he given the Browns and the Browns fans a reason to blow-it-up? Hell no. F that emotional reactionary bullshit.

If I'm the rest of the league, my take would be "wait, he's upset Myles gets preference? Sorry dude, he should".

Having said all that, I'm totally fine with a Joe Woods upgrade. I'd only hope we make a change because there is a better option out there, like Jim Leonard, and not just change for change's sake.

Fuck you Clowney... Bye!
They are basically scheming for MG to get to the qb, so his stats go up, while Clowney's stats go down.
Then fans and management, at the end say "your stats are down, thank you, we are not going to pay you."
So, of course he knows whats coming and can make moar monay somewhere else.

If you're a lead guitarist and record your parts, but then the rhythm guitarist says "yeah let's mix him lower and amplify my parts so I sound better", that'd be a dick move, right?

I actually loved the way Woods used Myles last game. If you use him the same way every game, teams will just keep doubling him and getting the ball out fast while Myles fucks around with his "amazing bend" around the outside. Yeah, that's impressive and all, but you can scheme-up plays decently easily if he's trying to get home the exact same way every play.

Especially vs the current Browns, who lost 4 starting LB's this year and a have a 400 pound guy wearing #19 dropping into his hook zones on pass plays.

Tomlin will just have Pickett hit TE's on short throws over the middle all day.

They need to use Garrett like that, because he is invisible too often if they don't. Which isn't ideal obviously, you want your "generational" talent at DE to be able to dominate whoever he is up against. A big reason I want to get what we can put of him while his value is at its highest. But what do I know.

He should've just STFU and waited until after the pit game to speak. Or hey, maybe not tell the coaches when and where he'll play for your team. What a bunch of BS.

Top Bottom