Coaching staff fails yet again!!! | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Coaching staff fails yet again!!!

I don't disagree, but I don't believe a different play caller will somehow change the stripes of this offense making it any better. I do think KS has intimate knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of the offense and is the best bet to make it better if he can modify some plays and/or incorporate some different philosophies.

I agree with a lot of this, but I still am not convinced his play calling is the be all end all problem.

BM owns the piss poor QB execution and KS owns the piss poor play selections and the WR's and TE's own a part of the piss poor execution too.

I don't know who's decision it was to start BM injured after the 4th or 5th game, but KS has a big role in that and it looks like the better play would have been to start Keenum. If not immediately after the injury at least after a couple of games where BM showed he wasn't producing as expected.

BM needs to know himself when he isn't going to be capable of making plays too and should be comfortable letting KS know that.
If it wasnt Stefanskis decision then we have bigger problems. That would mean the FO are playing the part of puppet master and pulling the strings essentially making Stefanski a yes man instead of a coach

I agree with a lot of this, but I still am not convinced his play calling is the be all end all problem.

BM owns the piss poor QB execution and KS owns the piss poor play selections and the WR's and TE's own a part of the piss poor execution too.

I don't know who's decision it was to start BM injured after the 4th or 5th game, but KS has a big role in that and it looks like the better play would have been to start Keenum. If not immediately after the injury at least after a couple of games where BM showed he wasn't producing as expected.

BM needs to know himself when he isn't going to be capable of making plays too and should be comfortable letting KS know that.
As harsh as I've been on Baker, i can empathize. i am currently recovering from a broken tibia sustained in a car accident the day after Thanksgiving that would have kept many at home. I talked the orthopedic doc out of a cast and instead letting me have a walking boot and was back to work on Monday. Thats the short version. The moral of the story? Pride and continuing to work in a day and age when many are looking for a reason not too.......

If it wasnt Stefanskis decision then we have bigger problems. That would mean the FO are playing the part of puppet master and pulling the strings essentially making Stefanski a yes man instead of a coach
I was thinking KS having conversations with the assistant coaches particularly the QB coach and then doctors, therapists and trainers that work with BM and finally BM himself.

I was thinking KS having conversations with the assistant coaches particularly the QB coach and then doctors, therapists and trainers that work with BM and finally BM himself.
And then the decision which was ultimately Stefanski's. Obviously the surgery is Bakers choice. As it should be with any surgery, proceedure or experimental drug or injection, jabs etc......

Last edited:
The decision is on KS no doubt.

The more I think about it BM's practice sessions should carry the most weight and show whether or not he can play. After that his game performance. I wonder what AVP and the QB coach were saying during the week and also after the games?! It couldn't possibly be that he looks good. And for that matter what KS was telling them. I can't believe they were all on the same page week after week. Maybe after the first Cincy game. Maybe.

As harsh as I've been on Baker, i can empathize. i am currently recovering from a broken tibia sustained in a car accident the day after Thanksgiving that would have kept many at home. I talked the orthopedic doc out of a cast and instead letting me have a walking boot and was back to work on Monday. Thats the short version. The moral of the story? Pride and continuing to work in a day and age when many are looking for a reason not too.......
Hope your healing up.

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but Wink Martindale has been fired as Ravens DC.

With a name like that he ought to be hosting the Price is Right or some bullshit!

Hope your healing up.
Thanks. Unfortunately i am missing my archery deer hunt in AZ because of it but when i think of how fortunate and thankful i am to God for being alive, "there is always next year" for that. Something us Browns fans know something about.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20211128_135328(3).jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20211128_135328(3).jpeg
    873 KB · Views: 14
Thanks. Unfortunately i am missing my archery deer hunt in AZ because of it but when i think of how fortunate and thankful i am to God for being alive, "there is always next year" for that. Something us Browns fans know something about.

It's really difficult to comprehend how the fuck you're still alive. That's one hell of a wreck.

I had my first car crash last year. Not nearly as bad as yours, but I feel you. I wrote my car off, ended up with just a nasty concussion and some bumps and bruises. I feel you on the airbag. I also remember the smell. Just a pungent stench of wrecked engine, smoke and that awful powder. It was an overwhelming smell pouring through the cracked windscreen.

Worst of all, my managing editor asked me to write a first-person feature on it for the paper the following week. And because I write the paper and had missed a few days off work, I was lacking in stories so it ended up on the front page. Which, on the bright side, I had complete freedom to write it and it was well received. I even got interviewed on radio about it.

The "You're supposed to write the news, not make it" jokes got old pretty quickly.

It's really difficult to comprehend how the fuck you're still alive. That's one hell of a wreck.

I had my first car crash last year. Not nearly as bad as yours, but I feel you. I wrote my car off, ended up with just a nasty concussion and some bumps and bruises. I feel you on the airbag. I also remember the smell. Just a pungent stench of wrecked engine, smoke and that awful powder. It was an overwhelming smell pouring through the cracked windscreen.

Worst of all, my managing editor asked me to write a first-person feature on it for the paper the following week. And because I write the paper and had missed a few days off work, I was lacking in stories so it ended up on the front page. Which, on the bright side, I had complete freedom to write it and it was well received. I even got interviewed on radio about it.

The "You're supposed to write the news, not make it" jokes got old pretty quickly.
Yes it is hard for me and others to comprehend. Law enforcement and paramedics told me they see vehicles like this all the time and there are no survivors. My conclusion? I am alive to tell about it because God Almighty has allowed me to live and tell about it.

Yes it is hard for me and others to comprehend. Law enforcement and paramedics told me they see vehicles like this all the time and there are no survivors. My conclusion? I am alive to tell about it because God Almighty has allowed me to live and tell about it.

I'm not a religious man but your explanation is as good as any I've got.

Do you mind if I ask what happened? Looks like you got t-boned but it's hard to tell with your truck turned inside out lol.

Mine was a bit embarrassing. I was on the highway out of town and the rising sun was directly in-line with the road. It was winter so the windscreen was a little foggy, the old heater on my (well-loved first) car hadn't kicked in yet and I'd left my sunnies at home. I couldn't see a thing in the glare. A truck had pulled to the side of the road for the same reason. I slightly veered outside the lines while trying to slow and and see where I was going, but instead drove straight in to the back of the truck. I didn't even see it coming to brake. 80 to 0 in an instant.

I had planned on upgrading anyway so I made sure my new car had a kickass heater and I now have sunglasses which do NOT leave the car.

Might as well put this here rather than starting a new thread.

Schefter tweeted this:

The two finalists for the Vikings’ GM job were the Browns’ VP of football operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and Chiefs’ executive director of player personnel Ryan Poles. With Poles expected to be in Chicago, Adofo-Mensah now is the favorite to become the Vikings’ GM.

Sounds like Adofo-Mensah will be parting, which will give us 3rd round compensation picks in the next two drafts.

Top Bottom