Browns - Coaching Staff/FO discussion | Barking Hard

Browns Coaching Staff/FO discussion

The_QCT

Resident CFB Guru
Awards
Here is a thread we can use to discuss this staff/FO going into the final 4 games of the season and the off-season. Who stays? Who goes? Why? Who replaces? Why? Etc....

Here is a damning exhibit of why our defense is an absolute shit show.

He literally says that they planned for 3 great Cincy WR's. When 2 of them went out, they didn't know how to adjust or how to plan to cover only 1 of them and 2 JAGS. This is literally one of the most insanely ignorant and stupid things I've ever heard from a coach on any level of football or really in any sport. 2 of 3 of their best players leave the game...which essentially simplifies the game plan and makes things 10x's easier on the defense...and these Muppet's heads spin and they don't know what to do. What a clown show on the defensive coaching staff. Just absolute incompetence.

I'm not sure if anybody has ever been fired following an interview...but the amount of ignorance and incompetency in that answer might have forced my hand if I were Haslam.

Here is a thread we can use to discuss this staff/FO going into the final 4 games of the season and the off-season. Who stays? Who goes? Why? Who replaces? Why? Etc....

Here is a damning exhibit of why our defense is an absolute shit show.

He literally says that they planned for 3 great Cincy WR's. When 2 of them went out, they didn't know how to adjust or how to plan to cover only 1 of them and 2 JAGS. This is literally one of the most insanely ignorant and stupid things I've ever heard from a coach on any level of football or really in any sport. 2 of 3 of their best players leave the game...which essentially simplifies the game plan and makes things 10x's easier on the defense...and these Muppet's heads spin and they don't know what to do. What a clown show on the defensive coaching staff. Just absolute incompetence.

I'm not sure if anybody has ever been fired following an interview...but the amount of ignorance and incompetency in that answer might have forced my hand if I were Haslam.

Apparently these fucks have 0 understanding of situational football.. Fire them all.. They're idiots!

We're a couple of good inside DL players from being elite, talent wise. We're about 5,000,000 miles from having an elite scheme. Woods should have been gone after last season. The whole defensive coaching staff can leave before the game today and just let the players call the defense for all I care.

We're a couple of good inside DL players from being elite, talent wise. We're about 5,000,000 miles from having an elite scheme. Woods should have been gone after last season. The whole defensive coaching staff can leave before the game today and just let the players call the defense for all I care.

I don't really understand this take. We have 1 elite DL (Myles) and 1 very good DL (Clowney). We have zero elite LB and 1 good LB (JOK). We have zero elite CB's, 1 good CB (Ward) and 1 underachieving CB who needs to live up to his draft position (Newsome). We have zero elite Safeties, 1 overpaid FA (JJ) and an inconsistent 2nd rounder (Delpit). Exactly how are we a couple of good DT's from having elite talent?

The reality is our talent was extremely overrated by many and our coaches are extremely incompetent, compounding the issues. DT is definitely the biggest talent issue, but I wouldn't mind upgrades pretty much everywhere.

And we are with little cap space and no 1st round pick.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on the FO to get a legit starter in the 2nd round and at least a rotational guy in the 3rd and with the multiple wholes we need to fill we will fall short somewhere.

Our best option will be for MG, Njoku and DW$ and anyone else to convince a couple of FA's to come here for a playoff run.

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

I want to see wholesale catering to Watsons strengths to even consider bringing Stefanski back. This is a dream job with a top 5 QB and a top 3 RB. I don't believe Stefanski is capable. He isn't willing to change his offense for anyone.

On top of that the hiring of Woods, and then the continued employment after seeing what a low IQ clown he was in year 1 is unforgivable. As is the hiring of an alcoholic lesbian as assistant coach.

He has not shown the ability to command the respect of his players, nor how to instill discipline and extinguish drama.

His strength is clearly scripting plays, but his gameday coaching is questionable at best. Stats are for losers, and his offense has made us just that. Losers.

This is not a serious leader.

Sorry but if I can make a clear upgrade at coach and GM, I am doing it ...no question. You would have to be negligent not to, and I am SURE they are frantically pursuing options behind the scenes.

Some of you are ok with perpetually employing losers. I'm not. Stefanski better show something that will open some eyes in these coming games. He has one of the most accurate QBs in NFL history, it's not asking much.

I'm not going to argue petty cherry
But it’s what you said, now you’ve changed that narrative and trying to use it as a point?
picking hearsay. Quote me.

I didn't like ownership, I've made that abundantly clear. I also made it abundantly clear with the credit I heaped on them for making such a huge move on Watson, that in effect washed their sins away. But that doesn't mean I won't continue being critical. I made nine points in the other thread and added on here. You like to keep shitty coaches. You defended Woods, and you defend every other shit coach we have. I demand results. And quite frankly after our owners investment in Watson I am sure he will as well.

Top Bottom