Browns - Coaching Staff/FO discussion | Page 3 | Barking Hard

Browns Coaching Staff/FO discussion

We will restructure some current deals and have plenty of cap space next year. So we will absolutely be able to afford upgrades in critical areas.
You didn't answer my question. Name a team that's won a Super Bowl with a QB making 25% of their salary cap? I still contend the most valuable thing for an NFL team is a good QB on a rookie contract.

won a Super Bowl with a QB making 25% of their salary cap?

Stafford last year, right?

I’m not sure any team is currently spending 25% of their cap on one position.

Rodgers is the highest at 24% maybe?

Devil is in the details on all those numbers.
And Uncle Jimmy can convert Watson $ to a bonus whenever he wants to, creating more space.

I guess you are right if you're talking about Watson being a bargain compared to Russell Wilson's contract. But other than that, no way is Watson a bargain.
Today, yes. But as I said two years from now it will look like a bargain. Between where the cap will be and what other QBs will getting (Burrow, Lamar, Herbert, to name a few) that salary you see on paper today for Watson in future years will actually be low.

Today, yes. But as I said two years from now it will look like a bargain. Between where the cap will be and what other QBs will getting (Burrow, Lamar, Herbert, to name a few) that salary you see on paper today for Watson in future years will actually be low.
Watsons contract wouldn’t have been so scrutinized if it wasn’t for all the other noise. Unless we are talking about the other owners. Oh man that must of hurt their wallets.

Watsons contract wouldn’t have been so scrutinized if it wasn’t for all the other noise. Unless we are talking about the other owners. Oh man that must of hurt their wallets.
Not really hurting their wallets. There is a thing called the "Salary Cap," and if you pay your QB 25% of that value, it leaves less to fill out the rest of your roster. If you pay your QB 15% of that value, it leaves more money to pay for better players. Either way, you're still going to max out your salary cap, or at least most of it.

And Uncle Jimmy can convert Watson $ to a bonus whenever he wants to, creating more space.

"According to the contract information made available, Watson’s contract will be a massive chunk of the Browns’ overall cap space, accounting for over 25 percent of the current salary cap starting in 2023."

The Rams took a 20 million dollar cap hit for Stafford in 2021-2022. Not close to nearly 55 million that Watson's cap hit will be starting next season. Mahomes' cap hit this year is 35 million, next season it's 46 million. On the bright side, we only took a 10 million dollarr cap hit for Watson's 6 games this season, lucky us!

Last edited:
Spare the the cap talk. I’m guessing you’ve never paid out payroll. Writing a check plus payroll tax plus every fucking thing else added on top. Hurts the wallet and every other owners butt puckered when they saw that deal.
Whatever, if the caps 200 million, the owner's paying close to that, no matter how it's distributed between the players.

You didn't answer my question. Name a team that's won a Super Bowl with a QB making 25% of their salary cap? I still contend the most valuable thing for an NFL team is a good QB on a rookie contract.

1) The most valuable thing is an elite QB and proper roster management.

2) Deshaun will not be earning 25% of the team's salary cap in 2023.

3) There will most likely be a restructuring of 4's contract; most likely moving a significant portion into a signing bonus...which will free up significant cap space.

1) The most valuable thing is an elite QB and proper roster management.

2) Deshaun will not be earning 25% of the team's salary cap in 2023.

3) There will most likely be a restructuring of 4's contract; most likely moving a significant portion into a signing bonus...which will free up significant cap space.
If they convert some of his salary into a signing bonus, the amount of the bonus is spread evenly throughout the length of the contract, so not all of it opens up cap space.

I'm ok with AB though. He's at least competent at his job finding talent while managing the cap and I think we're closer to being a really good franchise than being 0-16 Browns.

I'm more disappointed with KS than anyone else. I get the analytics and Depo being the guy running that side of things. I don't know how much power he wields in Haslem's eyes, but there should not be any carryover into the game day coaching. KS should be able to figure shit out during the game on his own, see what adjustments can be made and do it unmolested.

Then if he fucks things up Haslem's will know if he is a legit long term answer or not.

Right now I have doubts.

With Stefanski, we're rarely going to beat teams bad.
How do you know this? Why do you people say such weird shit. Everyone is so negative. It’s Christmas!!

I think its time for the browns to consider a complete paradigm shift in strategery
why are we trying to be an OFF team vs 2 of the leagues perennial great D teams?
arent we playing to the strengths of the ravens and PITT by going OFF?
yeah the tigers hit on burrow but that is the hard way to win.a HOF level talent.thats rare.
If the tigers had missed on him?they;d be like us now.fu&ked.

we should go full throttle drafting for D.D-line and LB.a SS would be nice.D D D.
new D coach and LETS GO! we can get away with a great run game and "whomever" at QB and win in the AFCN.our future looks grim with burrow,jackson and now the emerging pickett (at 20? FFS!)
you know only fu&king PITT could pull that off and get a starter at 20.#13 taught them a lesson it seems.
we need to meet fire with water! not more fire thats a bloody longshot a HOF QB.we need change.

download (1).jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom