Browns - D-Hop chatter | Barking Hard

Browns D-Hop chatter

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
I don't see it happening, but hey, it's the slow news season, so fresh thread time it is.

If you’re a fan of DPJ > D-Hop ...

Hopkins has 16 explosive plays over the past two seasons including the playoffs.
DPJ had 14 last year.

Hopkins' YPT over the past two seasons - 8.0
DPJ last year - 8.7

Hopkins is clinging to his prime, or past it
DPJ is entering his prime

Unless Hopkins is taking a discount I don't see how CLE fits him in to their cap space. He is also 31 and played only 19 games over the last two years because of injury and suspension. Cooper meanwhile is 3 years younger and has missed little time over his entire career because of injury (knock on wood).

He would certainly be a nice addition, if it is at the right price. I am curious to see what his market really will be

Read somewhere he wants at least something around the OBJ contract, which was like 15m. I’m not seeing that. Not from us anyway.

Agree on Amari.

Grossi usually is the naysayer of the moment. I’m surprised he got sucked in on the one.

Darn near every fan base yesterday had a rationale as to why they might be the landing spot.

++++++++

Let's just swap out Schwarz for DeAndre and let the chips fall where they may

I can't make up my mind on this. If he wants a championship and will take less money, I say yes. If he's all about the money, I say no. The guy is a great talent, or at least he was, and he had his best years with Watson. But he's not a #1 anymore.
I basically look at him as an insurance plan...

Read somewhere he wants at least something around the OBJ contract, which was like 15m. I’m not seeing that. Not from us anyway.

Agree on Amari.

Grossi usually is the naysayer of the moment. I’m surprised he got sucked in on the one.

Darn near every fan base yesterday had a rationale as to why they might be the landing spot.

++++++++

Let's just swap out Schwarz for DeAndre and let the chips fall where they may

I think DHop can get the OBJ contract from someone. Maybe even more. Like you don't see that working with CLE.

For Grossi I am not surprised he got sucked in on this one. He is generally on the opposite side of obvious logic. So when the rest of local media, and the national that seems to have a grasp on where the browns are cap wise (heard an ESPN radio guy suggest CLE and Watson contract restructure and clearly not knowing he already did that this off-season) Grossi is going to go against the grain

I basically look at him as an insurance plan...
Somebody made a good point about replacing Schwartz with DHop, but DHop is much more expensive. I doubt that Schwartz will be here any longer either. Unless he improves a ton at catching the ball and route running and blocking and separa... he's just not very good right now.

Schwartz with DHop
It'd be a nice swap out of number 10's, that's for sure.

I think I'd rather keep Amari as WR1, and rotate DPJ and Tillman as WR2a and WR2b, although, no current Browns player has a contested catch highlight tape like DeAndre.

I'll get on board if it happens, and enjoy the rest of the AFCN bitching about it, but otherwise, I will sideline my emotions on it all.

Let's say we get DHop.

We keep what, 6 WRs?
  1. Cooper
  2. Peoples-Jones
  3. Goodwin
  4. Moore
  5. Hopkins
  6. Tillman
That is way more than decent, and the offense should feast if DW returns to form. Pair those guys up with who they're listed beside (1-2, 3-4, 5-6) and I would say those are exactly who the younger ones can emulate this season, and be successful.

I bet Bubba lobbies to keep Grant though
They like Bell and Woods, but they'd be PS'd.

WR1 Amari
WR2 Hopkins
WR3 DPJ
WR4 Tillman
Slot1 Moore
Slot2 Goodwin
ST/WR5 Grant

We've kept 7 before. Maybe then just 2 RB's and have a TE act as an FB when needed.

The more I think about it, the more I’m hoping we stay put with our current WR group.

Save the $, & keep the WR room balance, barring injury of course.

I love the way DPJ blocks btw.

I do think Tillman can be a rotational WR. Say, at WR2, DPJ gets 75% of the snaps there, and Tillman spells him for the other 25%. Like the guy who goes in when DPJ points to his own helmet (you know, the international sign for “I’m gassed”).

I think when Tillman shows he's ready he can backup Cooper. E Moore at 2 and Goodwin backing him up. DPJ as the three with one of the other new guys backing him up. Grant would be our PR/KR and emergency WR in a pinch.

Maybe.

Top Bottom