Daunte pettis | Barking Hard

Daunte pettis

Punt return for a TD in 3 straight games!!!! To be fair the Huskies played powerhouses Rutgers, Montana and Fresno State. He looks great but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. See if he shines against USC and Oregon.

Hey no worries relocating ee, sutch didn't yet exsist.
Anyway hes tied for the most punts returns for touchdowns in college history.
Furthermore he could set another record Saturday against Colorado if he returns a punt for a td, it would be 4 straight games with a punt td.

What's more impressive to me is he returns kicks for td's
He runs precise routs catching td's
He throws td passes.
Since i go to a few husky games, I'll keep you posted.

IMO we don't need to look at a PR because Peppers should be a fixture there for some time after how he's done IMO.

We need playmakers who can catch the ball, and run basic routes because we seem to have difficulty finding individuals who can do those two things consistently.

I'd like to know more about him 1df, you're in a unique position given that you're a Husky (alma mater?) or a fan at the very least. What makes this kid different from the rest? A lot of kids look special at that level and are very average or not so exceptional in the NFL.

If we're spending a first on a WR, he needs to be a home run.

Punt returns are definitely not his only gift, although i believe you can't have enough quick quality returners.

QUICK SLANTS: Washington's Dante Pettis has opened the season with a punt return for a touchdown in each of the UW's three games: 61 yards at Rutgers, 67 yards vs. Montana and 77 yards vs. Fresno State ... with 8 career TDs on punt returns, he's tied the NCAA record, shared by Wes Welker (Texas Tech) and Antonio Perkins (Oklahoma) while also tying the NCAA mark for consecutive games with a punt return TD (David Allen, Kansas State, 1998; Ryan Switzer, North Carolina, 2013) ... in the Fresno State win, he also caught three TD passes and threw a 39-yard pass ... Keishawn Bierria led the nation in fumble recoveries last year, with five ... he recovered one against Montana, giving him seven for his career, one shy of the UW career record ... tailback Myles Gaskin scored his 27th career rushing touchdown vs. Fresno State, placing him eighth on the UW list ... three games into his junior season

Top Bottom