Browns - DeShaun Watson 2 - Goldigger Whores 0 - Play Ball | Page 7 | Barking Hard

Browns DeShaun Watson 2 - Goldigger Whores 0 - Play Ball

And he's already been proven innocent in two different courts.

This stuff now is for the money. It's all punitive.
yeah, I dont think workplace sexual harassment is illegal in texas. there was no sexual assault.homeboys not mike tyson.
BUT you can take your case to civil court.these cases are always employee vs employer so its usually lucrative for the plaintiff If they win.
I think he gets 1 year with the proviso that he settles these cases ASAP or? could be 2.

Wonder if this is a possibility

1. It's very likely the NFL is sick of dealing with this, and tired of this being a story. They probably want to put it to bed.
2. So Watson gets a year suspension, but if he settles all of these cases asap, then there's a chance to reduce to 8 games.
3. Because if he decides to fight, in court, all of these cases for years and years, then the NFL will continue to be drug through the PR mud.

Say each person gets 500K. That's 13 mil for Deshaun to put this all behind him. It's very likely not that easy, as there are other massage "therapists" out there, and now the suit involves the Texans.

I'm just tired of the whining about it, and trying to see a way to be done with it sooner rather than later.

If in the end, this happens, then I think it will have all gone according to plan.

1. Sign Deshaun
2. The PR will get worse before it gets better
3. Deshaun gets 8 games (which is what, supposedly, the brass expected from the outset) after an appeal.
4. Trade Mayfield to Carolina, to obtain a back-up for Brissett
5. We get through the first 8 games and hit the bye week, hopefully with a 4-4 record
6. Deshaun starts the second half of the season and we roll to the playoffs.

If the league wants Deshaun on the field, they ought to do a 14 game suspension, let him appeal it to 7 games with the condition on settling all of these lawsuits, and then they are ready to roll on Halloween with Burrow visiting Watson and Cleveland on MNF.

really thats a best case scenario TBH.hey,If we could "pull it off" Id be all for it.I think its a year AND a quick settlement.
500 each sounds steep though.should be able to do it for much less.

And he's already been proven innocent in two different courts.

This stuff now is for the money. It's all punitive.

And Watson can sue any of these accusers that are found to be misleading, inaccurate, distorting or flat out lying in their statements.

I wonder if Buzbee has made that clear to these accusers before they sign their written statements that they should be accurate in every detail so as to stand up to scrutiny by judges and lawyers. Not the general public.
No, no he hasn't been proven innocent in two courts of law. The Officer Investigating his crimes testified that there was ample evidence to prosecute and took it to the DA. The DA took limited amounts of evidence to the two Grand Juries, wouldn't allow the Officer to testify, wouldn't allow Buzbee to have input regarding the evidence and only provided evidence Hardin wanted her to while encouraging the Grand Juries NOT to prosecute.

The question is why. Now it has come out the Texans were providing him a private room for his sexual assaults and asked him to make the victims sign NDA's before he forced himself on them. Well, that's a good indication of why, the DA is protecting the local NFL Franchise and it's billionaire owner.

500 each sounds steep though.should be able to do it for much less.
I think the initial settlement number was 100K, and I read somewhere that's risen to 1M, which doesn't sound right, and I agree, 500/ea sounds high too.

BUT, you offer some massage therapists 1/2 a million, bet they settle quickly. He got himself into this mess with whipping through a few dozen therapists, he's gonna have to pay to end it.

So had Florio been reading our message board. Folks here have said the same using Kraft as an example.

As to Goodell, he works for the 32 owners. Ultimately what he does is what they want. Suspension is no longer solely in Goodell's hands. As part of the new CBA that changed. Article 46 | NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) | Over The Cap

"There’s an important caveat. While the Commissioner has the power to “overturn, reduce, modify or increase the discipline previously issued,” the Commissioner cannot alter a decision to not discipline the player at all. The league office has indeed confirmed that, if the Disciplinary Officer finds that there should be no discipline at all, the case is over." Understanding the NFL's new process for imposing discipline under Personal Conduct Policy - ProFootballTalk

Sure would like QCT to chime in with any additional info he might have?
Likewise aRagnar with links or other info.

From the sounds of what we’re hearing the ‘Shield’ might be a bit sticky….

Sure would like QCT to chime in with any additional info he might have?
Likewise aRagnar with links or other info.

From the sounds of what we’re hearing the ‘Shield’ might be a bit sticky….
Articles I am seeing is a year long suspension to start. Best case scenario for The Haslams is their $230 million dollar mediocre QB plays next year after sitting on his ass for two seasons.

So question for the group, which is worse

Rick Manning boning Dennis Eckersly's wife, when he was supposedly hurt, so Eck offered him to stay at his house while the Tribe was on a west coast swing

or

Watson's rub and tugs.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Articles I am seeing is a year long suspension to start. Best case scenario for The Haslams is their $230 million dollar mediocre QB plays next year after sitting on his ass for two seasons.
Nothing can go wrong... All is well...

You draft a qb first overall, Mayfield, then let him have 3 head coaches and 3 OCs in 4 years.

Then play him injured and trade the future and a quarter of a billion dollars for a QB who is likely going to be suspended for at least a season and wont have played in 2 years when he takes the field in 2023.

There is no way we/the Browns could have fucked this up worse.

You draft a qb first overall, Mayfield, then let him have 3 head coaches and 3 OCs in 4 years.

Then play him injured and trade the future and a quarter of a billion dollars for a QB who is likely going to be suspended for at least a season and wont have played in 2 years when he takes the field in 2023.

Haslam runs this team like he still owns a share in the Steelers... It's sickening!

So question for the group, which is worse

Rick Manning boning Dennis Eckersly's wife, when he was supposedly hurt, so Eck offered him to stay at his house while the Tribe was on a west coast swing

or

Watson's rub and tugs.

Cracking Up Lol GIF
I would say Watson sexually assaulting 25+ women and preying on them due to their career field is worse than either of your examples.

Like I said, when your GM is more concerned with making decisions based on race and based on "hooking a brutha up" this is the result you get. I am certain that there is a hush hush agreement with DeRapist and Shabbaz Al-Berry that Stefcuckski will take the fall for this upcoming season and be replaced with another homie, appeasing Watsons demand when he was on the Texans.

Top Bottom