Dorial Green-Beckham - Worth the risk? | Barking Hard

Dorial Green-Beckham - Worth the risk?

brownsdownunder

Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb
Awards
So DGB apparently looked quite good at his pro-day, measuring in at "A shade over 6'5" and 236 pounds. That's crazy for a guy who ran a 4.49 at the combine. Bucky Brooks made a point about how DGB could cut down to 220, and you gotta wonder how explosive he could be then. At the combine he looked really good good, he was a very noticeable given his size and looked great catching. I liked watching him run his 40 and running deep routes too - he picked up speed as he got down field as opposed to having a quick start and then evening out as some players do, although typical of bigger guys. We saw it in drills, we saw it on the field, there is no doubt the kid can ball.

His skill set isn't the worry though. Everyone can agree the guy is a freak. Character is the concern.

Bob Stoops, his coach at Oaklahoma, has given him fantastic character reviews. He said DGB would come in and work out with the development team at 5:30am and is all in all a good kid. Another thing that I just found out is DGB is going to be a father some time over the Summer, and guys tend to settle down when they have a kid. He seems to have put it all behind him, hasn't had trouble since leaving Mizzou, and has gained fans for it. Apparently he interviewed really well at the combine. That was to be expected, he's well spoken and intelligent. He's not a dumbass. There is a video at the bottom about his path to the draft and one thing I love is he doesn't make excuses. He wishes he could take it back, he's remorseful, but he acknowledges they're his own mistakes.

"I learned to put better people around me. To do what's right. Taking the opportunities I have and just running with them."

I really would like to see the Browns roll the dice on him. He's far and away the most talented guy. We know character depends on the individual. Gordon went AWOL, but Crow (Who had more red flags) has been perfect. With a guy like DGB, you're getting a potentially elite WR that is bigger, faster and stronger than Mike Evans - something Johnny would very, very much appreciate.

I say the risk is worth it. What says ya'll?

Can you imagine the media response if we did and it went balls-up?

Understandable. But would it really be any worse than what the media and fans would say if we pass on him and he went on to be elite for someone else?

Also, I could never draft while asking myself that question. Fuck what they say, fuck what the fans say. If we draft a bust we're going to cop it anyway, may as well roll the dice on a guy we undoubtedly know has the talent to be one of the very best in the game. If he fails, so what, he fails.

Josh Gordon has cost this team enough as it is. If he costs us an elite player too, then there is nobody to blame but Cleveland.

HELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

DGB is the #1 WR talent in the draft, easily top 10, likely top 5, if no red flags. He's TOOOOOO good.... really Randy Moss level. No joke.

You take DGB at 19 because he's not likely there at #43.

My Draft Board:

#12 Shelton/Cooper/Beasley
#19 DGB/MWilliams
2nd MWilliams/Kikaha
3rd Kikaha/Trey Flowers

With this draft, you get at least one ELITE offensive weapon, maybe 3... and 2-3 defensive pieces to a Championship level D. ROLB Kikaha and LE Trey Flowers are the pass rush of the future --> both translate well in size, skill, and will to the NFL... get to the QB and also stop the run. If Shelton's there at #12, it's that much more special. I don't see how Kikaha & T.Flowers have 3rd Round grades.... I'll take them like a thief!

Top Bottom