E.J. Manuel------ My sleeper QB this year | Page 2 | Barking Hard

E.J. Manuel------ My sleeper QB this year

Btw, I highly suggest you guys research Landry Jones a little more closely. If you have no hope in Weeden, you have no reason whatsoever to like Jones. They ran similar systems, played the same compitition, Weeden has a far bigger arm, and Jones is even more skiddish than BW under pressure, which is pretty sketchy already. Honestly, if I were a NFL exec, I'd post a sign in war rooms that reads "No BigXII QBs". Seriously, our Defenses are awful. Just terrible secondaries in this league. It's a crapshoot as far as who really can succeed vs elite talent. Every single team plays soft coverage in the bleed the other guy out scheme. These offenses consistently would run 80+ snaps a game. That's not gonna happen in the league. I like Manuel, but I like Boyd better. Comeback Kid.

Jones can't handle any heat at all, one of the knocks on Weeden. No, no, and no! Much rather get Manuel or Bray, give the latter time and high-level coaching and a little growing up time. Best arm talent in the draft by a decent margin.

Major Updates

EJ MANUAL COMBINE INTERVIEW

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDSgdJG5IpU[/ame]

CONFIDENCE!!!!

EJ's Combine 40's

Kurt Warner "What I like about this kid, is that he is a winner..." "...You gotta like what you see on tape."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1uGdCsEkg[/ame]

CBS saying EJ is the real deal

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW7DEgeFCTM[/ame]

If you were the Browns how do you get Manuel, PGL?

I could really see this guy going maybe late first round to develop, if not very early second, given the Kaep love and the similarities so a big trade back or trade up seems the most likely.

I think a couple of the guys once slated for round 3 are creeping upward through round 2, namely Manuel and Bray. I think they could go anywhere in that 30-50 area. Just takes one team to fall in love. Often those are trade-up picks.

If you were the Browns how do you get Manuel, PGL?

I could really see this guy going maybe late first round to develop, if not very early second, given the Kaep love and the similarities so a big trade back or trade up seems the most likely.

He is also very similiar in build and playing style to Cam Newton, who was brought into the NFL and developed by Chud himself, although I think EJ is much more mature, and has more quickness and arm... maybe not the deep accuracy of Cam though

I wouldn't be opposed to trading a future pick or 2 like next years second and 4th for a high second round pick, as long as it's not a first

He is also very similiar in build and playing style to Cam Newton, who was brought into the NFL and developed by Chud himself, although I think EJ is much more mature, and has more quickness and arm... maybe not the deep accuracy of Cam though

I wouldn't be opposed to trading a future pick or 2 like next years second and 4th for a high second round pick, as long as it's not a first

I don't know if he'll ever run the way Cam does/can, but I can certainly see the similarities. I certainly like your history with calling QB's, and I've watched a lot on E.J and I like him a lot more than some of the other guys in this class like Glennon and Nassib.

I don't really know what to think of it all. If it worked though then brilliant.

Man, I don't want to sound like a crazy KoK here, but despite whatever Mayock or anyone else says, I just don't see it with Manuel.

I do have one pretty bad QB bust on my record, Jevan Snead... I thought he was going to be great.

Alo, what do you see when you look at Manuel? I respect your opinion on the issue, what do you think his biggest obstacle will be?

The only real concerns I've heard are the competition he played in college, and the "simple" offense he ran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/07/draft-buzz-builds-around-e-j-manuel/

"Draft buzz builds around E.J. Manuel

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 7, 2013, 6:41 PM EST

Getty Images
The draft stock of former Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel appears to be rising after a strong Senior Bowl and Scouting Combine.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock recently moved Manuel up to the No. 2 quarterback spot in his rankings, behind West Virginia’s Geno Smith and ahead of USC’s Matt Barkley. Mayock said Thursday on NFL Network that he moved Manuel up his board in part because of what he heard from NFL teams who met with Manuel at the Combine and found him to be an intelligent player who’s well prepared to take command of an NFL offense.

“Coming out of the Combine,” Mayock said, “I felt like there was a quiet buzz among some of the teams. Not just his workout, more important to me, they like the kid, they think he’s smart, and in the meeting rooms at night he passed that test.”

Manuel spent two years as Florida State’s No. 2 quarterback behind Christian Ponder and then spent two years as the Seminoles’ starter. In 2012 Manuel passed for 3,392 yards, had a 68.0 percent completion rate, and threw 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. With seven weeks to go before the draft, Manuel is looking more and more like a player whose name will be called in the first round."

Interesting watching the inevitable rise of several QBs. Manuel looks to have enough fans to threaten the back end of round one... and Nassib seems to have locked himself into the top 32:

2. Syracuse: Ryan Nassib, QB (6021, 227 and 5.06):

While we have been sky high on Nassib for two months, he has been climbing on draft boards all across the league as teams have gone through one round of draft meetings. Now after an impressive Pro Day performance we expect his stock to continue to rise and would be shocked if he is not selected in the first round. A fundamentally sound quarterback whose biggest issue on film was his deep ball accuracy as he tended to put too much air under his deep throws, Nassib showed today that he can physically make the deep throws with no problem. He showed the arm strength and touch to make accurate deep throws both when they required more zip than air and vice-versa. Obviously, throwing to two senior receivers, Marcus Sales and Alec Lemon, which he has thrown to for three years helped Nassib to look better in terms of timing and accuracy. However, according to sources at the workout, Nassib’s performance was definitely good enough to keep him moving upward on draft boards around the league.

Honestly, between threads getting closed and my five-year-old limit on threads initiated by President Andrew Jackson, I have to put stuff in weird spots...

Geno Smith was especially impressive at his pro day, both on the field and in interviews. Jaworski said, "Clearly the guy's a top 10 pick."

Don't think the Eagles will draft a QB that high. Chip loves him some Matt Scott, as do a lot of teams.

I do think Manuel might fall in the gray area between right-now-franchise-QB-pick (Geno Smith) and guy-to-develop-while-we-give-Weeds-another-year (Bray).

Top Bottom