NFL Draft - Early draft talk 2023 | Barking Hard

NFL Draft Early draft talk 2023

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
Our OT's will need some attention next year, one way of the other.

• Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland
  • Blake Freeland, BYU
  • Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse
  • Broderick Jones, Georgia
  • Dawand Jones, Ohio State
  • Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
  • Peter Skoronski, Northwestern
  • Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State

^
I thought it was a one year deal. Fuckin A!

Then work on the front seven, a WR and a Tackle. I just looked and our LS Charley Hughlett is 32 years old and that's a dinosaur on this team. Might think about a guy at some point very late or a UDFA to bring in.

Not that Wills is all that horrible. He's just not panned out as well as one would expect for a 10th pick of the draft. Also if Conklin is let go Wills could slide back to the RT if we were to somehow get a LT in the draft that is better than Wills. Not likely at this point and I'd resign Conklin to another 2/3 year deal if possible. That guy is an All Pro RT. Anyone stepping in behind him probably will not be as good.

Last edited:
Not that Wills is all that horrible. He's just not panned out as well as one would expect for a 10th pick of the draft. Also if Conklin is let go Wills could slide back to the RT if we were to somehow get a LT in the draft that is better than Wills. Not likely at this point and I'd resign Conklin to another 2/3 year deal if possible. That guy is an All Pro RT. Anyone stepping in behind him probably will not be as good.

I like Conklin but his constant injuries baffle and annoy me... I'm not opposed to moving on so long as BC is still the O-line coach...

no BS roughly who I would have drafted last year.cross at SS.zappe in the wings.
that smashes our draft.heyward?I just wanna run FB power right into his brother LOL

68: R3 P4 WR George Pickens - Georgia
78: R3 P14 DL Phidarian Mathis - Alabama
99: R3 P35 S Nick Cross - Maryland
108: R4 P3 TE Isaiah Likely - Coastal Carolina
124: R4 P19 QB Bailey Zappe - Western Kentucky
156: R5 P13 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
202: R6 P23 C Dohnovan West - Arizona State
223: R7 P2 K Cade York - LSU
246: R7 P25 FB Connor Heyward - Michigan State

Last edited:
Prior to the last games of the 2022-2023 season. Basically, no first, 2 fourths, and 2 fifths

• Second Round - Pick #43
• Third Round - Pick #99 (Compensatory pick for Kwesi Adofo-Mensah’s hire in Minnesota)
• Fourth Round - Picks #115 & 130 (Acquired in trade down with Vikings in 2022)
• Fifth Round - Picks #141 (acquired in Troy Hilltrade) & 147
• Sixth Round - Pick #187
• Seventh Round - Pick #229

(HT - DBN)

43: R2 P12 DL Tuli Tuipulotu - USC
99: R3 P36 WR Marvin Mims - Oklahoma
114: R4 P12 DL Zacch Pickens - South Carolina
129: R4 P27 EDGE Byron Young - Tennessee
141: R5 P6 LB Tommy Eichenberg - Ohio State
147: R5 P12 DL Byron Young - Alabama
187: R6 P12 QB Max Duggan - TCU
227: R7 P12 C Zach Frazier - West Virginia

I really fu&king hope so.this is shaping up like a really strong mid-rounds draft.
LB,WR,QB,RB,TE,S are deep.DT? terrible class and DE not much better I'm afraid.no depth there.
It all points to a strong 3-4 but a super weak 4-3 If we depend on the draft
we had our chance at great mid-round DT's in 2020 and 2021.we blew it on DB's and reaches.

DE and DT you dont find bargains on.ok? starters are generally 1st rd talents.wright?wasted pick.obvious.
find bargains at WR,LB,QB,S,CB,even TE but never DT or DE.so rare you may as well stop trying.
pick them in the 1st or 2nd rd only or it's a flyer. dont these GM's know anything?

Last edited:
WR is a high priority for this team but we'll have to see after FA and what positions are addressed. Their new DC will likely have a say but one thing is for sure. We don't need to spend on a CB high in the draft and we should lock up Ethan Pocic over their draft pick Nick Harris. Donovan said last night that the Browns are going to re-work DW's contract by giving him a big cash bonus in exchange for a reduced salary thereby creating more cap space. He added that we should be able to do whatever we want in FA. Guess what? Do it for Ward and MG too.

WR is a high priority for this team but we'll have to see after FA and what positions are addressed. Their new DC will likely have a say but one thing is for sure. We don't need to spend on a CB high in the draft and we should lock up Ethan Pocic over their draft pick Nick Harris. Donovan said last night that the Browns are going to re-work DW's contract by giving him a big cash bonus in exchange for a reduced salary thereby creating more cap space. He added that we should be able to do whatever we want in FA. Guess what? Do it for Ward and MG too.
Replacing Wils is an even bigger priority... He just blows...

WR is a high priority for this team but we'll have to see after FA and what positions are addressed.
I'd draft a WR but high priority? meh the guys we have are playing great.bargains to be had.
just need a quick slot guy to replace swartz.I like mims out of OK to fill that role.
I drafted him way way too high BTW.we need help at DT,LB and apparently DE
I need 3 x 1st or 2nd rd picks please.:rolleyes: need to work in FA this year

Top Bottom