R3 P4 DL Phidarian Mathis - Alabama
R3 P14 EDGE Drake Jackson - USC
R3 P35 S Nick Cross - Maryland
R4 P3 WR Khalil Shakir - Boise State
R4 P19 TE Isaiah Likely - Coastal Carolina
R5 P13 EDGE Isaiah Thomas - Oklahoma
R6 P23 C Dohnovan West - Arizona State
R7 P2 LB Kyron Johnson - Kansas

YES DE and DT,WR, you idiot.Its been that way for over a decade now LOL.

I have a loose loose rule of thumb
1st rd and 2nd is-WR,QB,DE,DT.
3rd to 5th rds-S,LB,CB,OL,WR (typically by now starting DT and DE are gone.)
6th and 7th rds.RB,WR,QB,OL,S,CB-bargains,big schools,big names only.
At DE, DT, and WR more than half the starters at those positions are from outside the first two rounds. So by YOUR logic to OT the same should be applied to those groups. I am not saying it should be applied. I mean shit, every year 20-30% of NFL rosters are made up of undrafted FAs. With sweeping "logic" you try slinging teams should just focus on those guys.

OT (specifically LT) have also been taken in the first two round for years. I am well aware of the trends and tendencies of picks in the NFL draft.

And LMFAO when you talk about guys "you picked". You don't my work for an NFL team, so you didn't "pick" anyone

you're bragging about those guys? vs my draft? ok J, well done player!
emerson yes,great pick,we've already agreed, but thats it.
winfrey is not an NFL starter (unless its for us) which proves my point regarding that draft.
no thanks,I keep my draft anyday.

At DE, DT, and WR more than half the starters at those positions are from outside the first two rounds.
I challenge you to prove that with DT and DE.pick one and show us how you know fo sho.please.
(LOL of course you wont) AND WR (if you only use the top 2 starters) you would be incorrect again.
You don't my work for an NFL team, so you didn't "pick" anyone
jeez,you are always such a dork.this is a football forum sparky.we talk football here.well,
some of us do.

Last edited:
That was a damn good trade,
the trade was not that bad,the players they picked are.my drafts better,with my cheeto fingers sh^^^t.
(although come on man,its a BS simulator,mathis was gone by 47!)
I would have taken travis jones NT instead.for the record.we took wright 2 picks after jones
to my horrer.I said alex WHO!?! thats not good when the guys a DE an you never heard of him.
a quick check of his stats to confirm..an yup.he will amount to zero in the NFL.again,dogs balls.cats?

Cat Face GIF

Last edited:
we traded back remember? we could have got any of those guys.
remember J LOL thats what started this thing.
I forgot about the trade back. What did we get back?
If there is an absolute stud of a WR that AB has rated higher than any other position could come close to, he'll take the WR.
Skyy Moore pick 54. Alex Pierce Pick 53.George Pickens Pick 52.
I'm sorry but settling on bell was a bad move.we could have got dubbs or shakir later as a plan B.
when we passed on those 3 guys? to trade down? I said "this is a move that gets you fired,it is.it is"
passing on mathis with 9 sacks while we have literally nobody at DT?to trade back?
NO.fail.
keep in mind the goal of your draft should be to acquire starters.NFL starter level men.
as many as possible.3 starters from a 7 pick draft is fu^king fantastic.2 is meh and 1 is fail.
keep that in mind STARTERS.when you trade back (even for 3 picks) you run a huge risk of turning
that starter into a depth player.(winfrey,bell,wright,) those 4 guys are slam dunk starters we walked away from at 44.

Last edited:
Truth is we didn't have a 1st round pick. That means I do not expect much. Same for this year.
The pick we traded seemed to help this team as we added Emerson, Winfrey and York allowing us to address multiple needs. The trade off is we had to drop back.

Some fans think, wrongly so, that a trade is a chance to screw the other team over but it is not. The best trades are the ones where both teams gain something.

Do you understand all that because I'll walk you through it all?

I Love You Girlfriend GIF by AwesomenessTV

Bills 1 of 2 DT outside 2nd round
NE 1 DT outside 2nd round (3-4 base)
BAL 1 DT outside 2nd round (3-4 base)
CIN 2 of 2 DT outside 2nd round
CLE 1of 2 DT outside 2nd round
PIT 1 DT outside 2nd round (3-4 base)
HOU 2 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
IND 1 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
JAX 1 DT outside 2nd round (3-4 base)
TEN 1 DT outside 2nd round (3-4 base)
DEN 1 DT outside 2nd round (3-4 base)
KC 1 of 2 DT outside 2nd round
OAK 2 of 2 DT outside 2nd round
LAC 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)
DAL 1 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
PHI 1 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
CHI 2 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
DET 2 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
MIN 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)
ATL 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)
CAR 1 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
NO 2 of 2 DT outside of 2nd round
ARZ 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)
LAR 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)
SEA 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)

So by my math that is 32 DT starting in the NFL and drafted outside of the 2nd round. If one pays any actual attention to the league you don't even have to look that up for any position. It's the way the league works. Starters pretty much come from all over the place, aside from QB

Haymaker I'd suggest you read, listen, and think more, and vomit on the internet the nonsense in your head less

OAK 2 of 2 DT outside 2nd round
the very 1st team I checked.tillary plays for the raiders.hes picked 28th overall.
LAC 1 DT outside of 2nd round (3-4 base)
the chargers have DT austin johnson pick 43
vomit on the internet
2 checks and 2 fails to confirm you are an idiot.dont use starters you fool use highest draft pick.
who is a starter we can debate all day.use the draft for an accurate gauge of investment.
So by my math that is 32 DT starting in the NFL
huh? theres many more than that you idiot.

So, given that a decision was made to do the trade of one value pick for three picks of lesser value, and that trade off netted us our Kicker, a DT and Emerson that seems like a reasonable deal given that we needed a Kicker and a DT and a CB on account of Ward and Greedy are always missing multiple games and Newsome played well as a rookie but, I'm not so sure he's a pro bowl talent at the moment. Also, Greedy played out his contract here and is an UFA.

Under these circumstances it was a ballsy move for AB because it was imperative for AB to get one guy who can play. He did that. Mission accomplished. And it was a 3rd round pick to boot. York looks like he needs some seasoning no different than Phil Dawson did when he was a rookie. Winfrey I'm not so sure about but, he at least plays with a ton of heart. Maybe he can develop into a solid rotational DT. It's early. He was a 4th round pick though. He's not expected to be able to anchor a DLine or even the DT position. He's a rookie to be developed. Like York.

OAK starters are Billings (4th rounder) and Nichols (5th rounder)

Chargers base D is 3-4 and Johnson has been on IR over half the year.

Yeah there is more than 32 starting DT. 64 if you assume every team played a 4-3 with two starting DT. 32 would be half. Factor in 3-4 bases it is more than half.

Keep playing basement GM. I am sure an NFL team will be knocking at your door 🤡 🤡

LOL you're ok for a hard on who walks man.
I appreciate all your hard work.ok NO MAS.you win paco.what were we arguing about again?LOL
good for you brah,mark it up as a W.I just thought DT seemed to have doubled in value the last few years.they seem harder to get a disruptive DT who can effect a football game.am I way off?
you dont just want a 340 pound "run stopper" you need a pass rusher in todays NFL.

sheldon R.what an incredible indelible difference he made to our team.If you closely watched the D
he really was a key factor in bringing QB pressure and stopping the run.I was really surprised TBH.
we he left I knew it was a big mistake but,but I assumed we would replace him with a similar high pick.
wrong! we never seriously tried to replace him.which could be mr coverage JW's influence too.
hes the best DT weve had in recent history and we never wanted him back.now we just SUCK!
boogles the mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom