Fantasy and Hardesty | Barking Hard

Fantasy and Hardesty

Joey

Awards
I am thinking of picking him up late in my draft this week. Listening to Grossi, he seems like the real deal. What are you guys thinking?

I am thinking of picking him up late in my draft this week. Listening to Grossi, he seems like the real deal. What are you guys thinking?

I personally don't see him having much value this season, but if there's not much else available, he may not be a bad guy to pick up, just in case he ends up playing well.

I haven't drafted him in any of my leagues because our offense hasn't been good enough to get close to the end zone, so touchdowns will be limited. But that could change.

It really just depends on who else is out there when you pick.

My spidey sense is really tingling on the guy. I think he's gonna rock.

As a Brown.. I think He'll be good and I'm very excited about him. As a fantasy player. I believe the ball will be split between Harrison, Hillis, and Hardesty to the point none of them will be real good fantasy players. None of them will get enough touches to be dominant in fantasy. .. Now if your in a keeper league or dynasty league he may be a good pickup there. I play in a keeper league and am thinking of grabbing him later on as a possible keeper.

DB41 .... Any sleeper picks for RB? I got the big ones down but the league that i am in is RB heavy. Any help would be appreciated.

Javid Best for Detroit. Not sure if he's a sleeper..but he's for real and will be getting the ball. A LOT!

Thanks and agreed. I have him on my short list. It seems every year i get a major injury and i never recover because my backup suck (sounds like the browns lol)

Just trying to get better this year.

Mathews or Best: which rookie would y'all rather have?

Mathews. Will still catch the ball quite a bit, and is going to be the workhorse.

For value, however, probably Best. You can get him a few rounds later, whereas Mathews is going in the top 3 rounds.

DB41 .... Any sleeper picks for RB? I got the big ones down but the league that i am in is RB heavy. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I'm a fan of Moreno as a mid-round guy who is going to produce. If you're talking about matchup RB's, or later round guys, I've been checking out players like Michael Bush (4.8 ypc, and 17 catches in limited time), Ahmad Bradshaw (4.8 ypc and 21 catches in just 1 start), and maybe even Clinton Portis if you want to take a chance that he's fully healthy.

Portis should be somewhat productive considering Washington actually having a QB that's a threat to throw the ball consistently well. Although, I haven't been targetting him unless I can get nice value, just because I hate taking guys coming off injuries, especially a concussion.

As for sleeper RB's I'm going with:

Toby Gerhart
Arian Foster (although he's going higher now that he's starting)
Anthony Dixon (could be the goal line, Brandon Jacobs type)
Rashad Jennings (you can pick him up in FA most likely, but keep an eye on him, despite MJD)
Tashard Choice (again, more of a FA guy, but Barber is being cast out more. The Razorback offense features Felix Jones and Choice, rather than Barber)

I do not get people taking Mathews so early in drafts. SD still has this guy name Sproles who SD is paying a lot to. Expect Sproles to be a big part of the offense when the real games begin in a few weeks.

Yeah, platooning has made the RB position dicey in fantasy, huh?

Wait... when did Ryan Matthews become a Brown?

(Assume good natured inflection for obvious touche' moment that could not be avoided.)

In my primary keeper league, we can keep one player drafted from rounds 4-7 and one player from rounds 8-11.

I got Best in the 4th and Hardesty in the 8th. I'm set for next year (hopefully) and have 2 decent backups for this year (for now) for Jonathan Stewart and Shonn Greene.

I finished last so had the #1 and went with Brees because I had Greene as a keeper from last year and knew that if I didn't take a QB, I'd have nothing at the end of round 2 to choose from.

I went with Brees instead of Peyton or Rodgers mostly because of the likelihood the Saints will struggle this year (every team does after winning the SB) so I figured Brees is most likely to rack up points down the stretch if the Saints are going to have any shot at the playoffs.

For those interested, my roster rounded out this way:

2 - Larry Fitzgerald
3 - Calvin Johnson
4 - Jahvid Best
5 - Jonathan Stewart
6 - John Carlson
7 - Vikings D
8 - Hardesty
9 - Mike Williams (mz's boy)
10 - MoMass
11 - Dawson

I don't think Matthews is a sleeper..He is in for a heavy workload as he has touched the ball over 10x every preseason game so far and starting before sproles. They moved up to get him in the first and they love him.. as a sleeper.. Best will be a beast. I also like Matthews because of the team he's on.. he'll be playing on a contender which always means more opportunities.

Joey: Got another great sleeper for ya.. Arian Foster for Houston.. I was not sure of him but he absolutely NAILED down the starting gig tonight with an 18 carry 110 yards with a TD performance.. Slayton will be no more than a 3rd down back at best.. He's got a high powered passing attack to keep 8 men out of the box..so he's my super sleeper pick for ya.

In my primary keeper league, we can keep one player drafted from rounds 4-7 and one player from rounds 8-11.

I got Best in the 4th and Hardesty in the 8th. I'm set for next year (hopefully) and have 2 decent backups for this year (for now) for Jonathan Stewart and Shonn Greene.

I finished last so had the #1 and went with Brees because I had Greene as a keeper from last year and knew that if I didn't take a QB, I'd have nothing at the end of round 2 to choose from.

I went with Brees instead of Peyton or Rodgers mostly because of the likelihood the Saints will struggle this year (every team does after winning the SB) so I figured Brees is most likely to rack up points down the stretch if the Saints are going to have any shot at the playoffs.

For those interested, my roster rounded out this way:

2 - Larry Fitzgerald
3 - Calvin Johnson
4 - Jahvid Best
5 - Jonathan Stewart
6 - John Carlson
7 - Vikings D
8 - Hardesty
9 - Mike Williams (mz's boy)
10 - MoMass
11 - Dawson

Until Hardesty gets the workload, I wouldn't put him as your starter over Johnathan Stewart. I may even start Shonn Greene over him.

Stewart may not get 1100 yards this year, but he should still get around 950-1000, and another 9-11 TD's. Carolina doesn't have many options in the passing game.

I do not get people taking Mathews so early in drafts. SD still has this guy name Sproles who SD is paying a lot to. Expect Sproles to be a big part of the offense when the real games begin in a few weeks.

They may be paying him a good amount of money, but he's still just their 3rd down back at most.

Mathews is going to do the dirty work, and will get over 200 carries, barring injury.

Sproles will be lucky to have a combined 120 rushes and catches in 2010, IMO.

But he still has value in leagues that count return yardage.

I may even start Shonn Greene over him.

So you're telling me that MIGHT start a primary back over a guy that hasnt had one carry yet in preseason and will share the ball with two other backs this year? Thanks for the info.

Mathews or Best: which rookie would y'all rather have?

My reasoning is this...how many rushes is best going to get in the 4th Qtr when they are behind....BUT he will get passes out of the backfield. It's a toss up to me...but mathews in the end!

Top Bottom