Fantasy Football 2011 Returns to our Board | Barking Hard

Fantasy Football 2011 Returns to our Board

Flugel

Awards
Hi Folks,
I'm hoping alot of last year's participants enjoyed Fanntasy Football enough to return for a 2nd season. That said, I failed Mind Reading 101 a long time ago. Yahoo is already contacting people that ran leagues last year to get them off the ground again this year in spite of the lockout. All signs lead to the lockout ending really soon so we should probably get this thing going.

With that, I need 2 things:
1) If you are interested, I'll need your email address to send you an invite. If you don't want everyone on this board to see it, send me a private message with it.
2) I'll need 1 person to volunteer to be a Commissioner; and at least 2 volunteers to be Co-Commisoners. There's unplanned life events that require such a thing so I want us to be prepared to keep the leagues running right.
Please note: If the response to number 1 is bigger than anticipated, we'll need more candidates for #2.

Because this is a holiday weekend, I'm gonna let this thread air on the regular football board assuming the Mods will help me get the most eyes on it here. Don't worry about the lockout right now. Your job is easy - just let me know if you're interested. If you're in too many other leagues or whatever, that's cool. I'll just ask that we don't waste space in this thread typing that. The no reply will actually do that if this pertains to anyone in that predicament.

I'll start sending out invites to everyone that responded once I see we have enough to form leagues. Any questions? Comments? Concerns?

Good. We're off and running....

You know Im in Tom..... Taking down DaBrowns aka RamrodMunchers (ha!) is what I do.....

Thanks for the responses and PMs thus far folks. As you can see, we have a REALLY fun group interested. Last year was a blast. The best part of this whole thing is Yahoo really does a great job of keeping it error free in the scoring so it's really easy on the commisioners. I can write up the weekly results and standings again for the message board with the same WWWF flavors we had last year. OR, if that was too corny, let me know and I'll just give scores and standings. We'll talk more about that later.

I'll probably be mailing out the invites in about a week or so. This isn't always a busy time of year on the board especially with a lockout going on. Therefore, I want to give it a little more time. Ideally, I'd like to keep people in the same leagues that re-register and add in the new teams where there will be opennings. Anyone that has informed me they are interested will receive a spot so no need to worry.

As a reminder, if you don't want everyone to see your email address - send it to me via PM.

Thanks!

Last edited:
sorry wrong address before... use this...jw16walker@yahoo.com.....sorry its been 6 months since I used the account.

I have a question...

When we draft, can the previous owner of a player have first dibs on that player in THIS draft? (I guess kinda like free agency, or I could be totally wrong)

I have a question...

When we draft, can the previous owner of a player have first dibs on that player in THIS draft? (I guess kinda like free agency, or I could be totally wrong)

Good question and the answer is no. This isn't a keeper league from 1 year to the next.

- Tom F.

Last call before invites go out tomorrow.

Right now we have enough for 1 league. I haven't heard from some that played last year so I'll give it 1 more day. The unofficial lockout end might change some minds.

I'd like to thank Enigmatic Evil for offering to Commish a 2nd League if there's enough interest/responses. Email addresses are always changing so I need updated addresses via PM if you are interested. Don't assume participation last year gets you an invite this year so PLEASE respond if you want in.

If you're a potential newby but you are worried about the lack of experience in this - I think Hiwaygal can reflect upon her experience in that position last year. A blowhard like your buddy Flugel sets out to prove he's Scot Pioli or Bill Polian EVERY year only to learn he's more like the Charlie's Casserlys that had Houston seriously questioning whether or not they wanted football back afterall.

Right now we have enough for 1 league. I haven't heard from some that played last year so I'll give it 1 more day. The unofficial lockout end might change some minds.

I'd like to thank Enigmatic Evil for offering to Commish a 2nd League if there's enough interest/responses. Email addresses are always changing so I need updated addresses via PM if you are interested. Don't assume participation last year gets you an invite this year so PLEASE respond if you want in.

If you're a potential newby but you are worried about the lack of experience in this - I think Hiwaygal can reflect upon her experience in that position last year. A blowhard like your buddy Flugel sets out to prove he's Scot Pioli or Bill Polian EVERY year only to learn he's more like the Charlie's Casserlys that had Houston seriously questioning whether or not they wanted football back afterall.

I like to consider myself kind of the Dwight Clark of Fantasy.

Don't let Hiway fool anybody, she possomed all of yinz last year LOL.

never even got an e-mail...pffffft

Top Bottom