How do YOU watch Browns games? | Barking Hard

How do YOU watch Browns games?

Stylepoints

Memento Mori
Awards
Because I've been living in other time zones, I usually download the games from a russian site and watch them on Mondays. Never had a problem and it lets me watch quite some games a week and at my own pace.

So now I wonder how do you get to watch the games? Do you have a sub for a network or are you surrendered to cable?
Or do you just go to the bar, like I did when William Green was our running back?

Hey Gabe, what streaming service?

I'm still stuck with DirecTV to get the job done.
My office streams YouTubeTV, so I can stream that at home if I want to.
The the only way to get the full NFL Sunday Ticket, which I want, is to stick with DirecTV.

I can't find a sure-fire way to watch the Browns live other than hanging with satellite until January 2022 when the current NFL+DirecTV contract is up. I'm not close enough to Cleveland to be included, reliably, in local broadcasts. Columbus is finicky (which I have a way to get), but Nielsen has me in Dayton locals.

My son and his college buddies often use Sportsurge . They say it's reliable.

Hey Gabe, what streaming service?

That link I posted .... Tech Streams Powered By TV KIngs.

They have a $1 trial if you want to test it out, or you can just get it for a month. I pay for a year because its a bit cheaper.

There are downsides, like server issues here and there some buffering. But they are few and far between. For the most part it's been rock solid. And yes every premium sports package is on there too, Sunday Ticket, MLB, NBA, Soccer, MMA, etc etc. It's been a huge money saver. If you have android, you just download their apk on your phone, and then you can tranfer it to your firestick, or whatever. I use the 4k firestick.

Yah I think they did raise the prices. I am on the yearly 2 connection plan. I let my mom use my other connection, as I rarely have more than one TV going at a time at my house.

Edit - Wow they did raise it quite a bit, looks like my package is now $112. Might be better off to go month to month see if it's worth it to you.

Edit 2 - If you di get it, be sure to download Telegram on your phone and join their channel. You can ask questions there, find out if they are having issues, request channels, let them know of issues etc. They are prtty good about responding.

Last edited:
I'm going to try this and if it works, use it only for the football season. Otherwise, Hulu with Live TV has been great at $54.99 for my sports needs. Literally all we watch is sports on TV, can not wait till I only have to purchase NBA, MLB, and NFL Stream subscriptions.

I'm going to try this and if it works, use it only for the football season. Otherwise, Hulu with Live TV has been great at $54.99 for my sports needs. Literally all we watch is sports on TV, can not wait till I only have to purchase NBA, MLB, and NFL Stream subscriptions.
This pays for itself if you watch just two pay per view events. I'll watch some of the big ticket UFC stuff. Otherwise I just watch news and sports. My kids watch Disney and some of those channels.

I don't watch much TV so we use Armstrong Cable out here in God's country. I pretty much watch just the CLE teams. I'm still pissed about the NFL allowing Art to fuck the Browns and their fans so fuck the NFL in general. Just watch my teams and follow standings and other info online.
I do have a firestick option, but whatever.

I live in Oklahoma and generally watch Browns game over the air on CBS or Fox depending on which network is carrying the game.

Until last year, I had Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, but I canceled Sunday Ticket after Baker became the quarterback and I found that almost all of our games were now over the air in Tulsa. Last year, there was one game I didn't get live and it pissed me off. I had to watch it delayed on NFL game pass which I subscribe to as a backup and also for other games I want to check out.

A couple of months ago, I switched from DirecTV to the local cable company mainly because my wife complained about losing the signal anytime there was a minor storm. I bought an antenna to compensate when DirecTV went out, but it was erratic also particularly during a storm. Cable is underground and more dependable. But it will be my luck now that I have done that that Baker will be replaced as quarterback and they will stop showing Browns games over the air in Tulsa. In that case, I'll probably try Gabe's solution. In the meantime, Momma is happy with her cable and I like to keep it that way.

I live in Oklahoma and generally watch Browns game over the air on CBS or Fox depending on which network is carrying the game.

Until last year, I had Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, but I canceled Sunday Ticket after Baker became the quarterback and I found that almost all of our games were now over the air in Tulsa. Last year, there was one game I didn't get live and it pissed me off. I had to watch it delayed on NFL game pass which I subscribe to as a backup and also for other games I want to check out.

A couple of months ago, I switched from DirecTV to the local cable company mainly because my wife complained about losing the signal anytime there was a minor storm. I bought an antenna to compensate when DirecTV went out, but it was erratic also particularly during a storm. Cable is underground and more dependable. But it will be my luck now that I have done that that Baker will be replaced as quarterback and they will stop showing Browns games over the air in Tulsa. In that case, I'll probably try Gabe's solution. In the meantime, Momma is happy with her cable and I like to keep it that way.

No wonder the push to keep Baker!! If you think about Gabe's solution it's $75 every six months for cable and 3 streams. If it works well enough you can cancel cable too.

Heres the US pricing if you need it: Packages

No wonder the push to keep Baker!! If you think about Gabe's solution it's $75 every six months for cable and 3 streams. If it works well enough you can cancel cable too.

Heres the US pricing if you need it: Packages

Yeah, I kind of want to keep Baker under center for more than one reason. But I can tell you that keeping Momma happy is even more important. If I try it, it will be in addition to regular cable. I would want to make sure it has a DVR function before giving up Cox. I can stream now but the DVR works only with cable channels (and local channels carried by cable).

(By the way, when I said "over the air" earlier, I meant over the air channels that are carried on cable.)

Last edited:
Game pass here in Thailand. Every game, can watch full or play to play (about 40 minutes) and I think 3/4 years back. Still watching all of Baker's first year wins.

Live games let me see some American commercials. Not a big deal for you guys but fun for me. Thai commercials aren't cutting it.

I watch the NFL on Game Pass. It's the best service I can possibly imagine. It's like being in heaven nowadays, but I remember what was being a Browns fan in the pre-internet era. It was awfully difficult to get any information at all on the Browns. I remember becoming aware the Browns were moving to Baltimore a couple of months later than the rest of the world. Unthinkable today where I know what Baker had for breakfast in real time...
Unlike OzDawg, who lives in Australia and has early morning games, I serve the Browns for dinner at 7 pm. Occasionally, when the Browns are on prime time (so not very often for the time being) I wake up at 2 am and drink a dozen cups of tea to stay awake during the game. The morning after going to work is a nightmare, unless we win... 😇 The worst part of it is having to shut up not to wake up the whole family. I remember the morning after Baker's first game against the Jets, my wife told me "last night it must have been a difficult game: I heard you puffing and panting the whole night from the living room" 🤣
So next Thursday night think of me desperately trying to get out of bed at 2 to watch Browns - Bengals. :sleep:

I'm like you IDP. I'm standing in front of the TV intensely watching and pacing the living room floor. At some point my three dogs start circling around looking at the TV to find out why I'm all anxious and yelling at the TV while listening to the radio broadcast of Donovan and Dieken.

I hate the announcers that almost always bash CLE and take cheap shots.

Top Bottom