How does the game recover from this? | Barking Hard

How does the game recover from this?

Enigmatic Evil

Mr. Censor
Awards
As far as I see it, Manfred should be fired plain and simple. The Astros got what ammounts to a token slap on the wrist and what's been done IMO only ENCOURAGES systematic cheating methods like the Astros used.

What do you guys think of this whole shit show?

[FONT=&quot]It's bullshit plain and simple.
Their championship(s) should be taken away. Forfeited. Or otherwise removed from their possession. That's where the punishment should have started and then go from there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just one of many this year <a href="https://t.co/z5q0cR84WL">pic.twitter.com/z5q0cR84WL</a></p>— Cleveland Sports Fans (@CLE_SPORTS_FANS) <a href="https://twitter.com/CLE_SPORTS_FANS/status/1232056148750196739?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

Also my tweets do not ever work in other forums. Just the Browns forum.

:confused2::thinking:

Years back when the steroid scandal broke I read Jose Canseco's Juiced book where he blew the lids off the stuff in the game. Most of the book came off to me as an ego trip for Jose but he did make one very poignant point:

Most guys actually want to succeed through hard work and dedication. But when you wind up in hyper competitive environments and guys are getting somehow a competitive edge, you're going to want to follow.

Using that logic I kinda don't think this incident is isolated to the Astros.

This scandal itself wouldn't turn me off the game completely but the commissioner is a joke. I didn't do the research but you know this whole new playoff proposal is an effort to take away attention from this scandal. I mean you know I'm old enough to understand the business/realty of pro sports so I'm already cynical about it already. But yeah I'd say it won't stop me from following the sport but it won't get me emotionally invested.

I'm confident the Dolans will not win any 'ships due to their complaining about not having the same amount of money to spend as the large market teams.

We just saw them get rid of two of our top pitchers for prospects...again. Not to mention an All Star talent in Michael Brantley. They will not pay for Lindor either. He does not fit. Even though he's arguably the best SS currently in the game.

I am 200% in support of the players policing the Astros through hitting them with pitches. I hope it goes all year.

Can't wait for Manfred to look like even more of a fucking moron by suspending/fining players or teams that do it.

It was kind of ironic to me Carlos Beltran was like the Godfather or ring master of all this. Imo below is what served as motivation for him.

If I'd have only known what pitch was coming!

But yeah a couple months back he actually became the Mets manager. The first thing he did at his press conference was spend a minute giving glory to God. What an Asshole!!!

Wasn't he subsequently fired when this all came out or was it just Boston that fired their manager? Or am I misremembering the entire thing.

It seems like the league has done fuck all, individual teams dealt with it pretty swiftly.

Wasn't he subsequently fired when this all came out or was it just Boston that fired their manager? Or am I misremembering the entire thing.

It seems like the league has done fuck all, individual teams dealt with it pretty swiftly.

Yeah Carlos resigned his position with the Mets before a lot of it would most likely come to light. I think the Red Sox did fire their manager.

I mean seriously though Carlos spending a minute proclaiming how your savior put you in a position to become a big league manager. Lmao

Top Bottom