Indians 25-man playoff roster | Barking Hard

Indians 25-man playoff roster

bobotheclown

Awards
I'm certainly just enjoying the streak right now, but I can't help but think about how we are going to put together this playoff roster. I am still not completely set, but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of different answers on who is going to be on the final 25-man roster. This is obviously contingent on the health of Michael Brantley and Jason Kipnis.

Here's what I have:
C - Yan Gomes
C - Roberto Perez
1st - Carlos Santana
1st- Edwin Encarnacion
2nd - Jason Kipnis
SS - Francisco Lindor
3B - Jose Ramirez
RF - Jay Bruce
RF - Lonnie Chisenhall
CF - Austin Jackson
LF - Michael Brantley
LF - Brandon Guyer
UTIL - Giovanny Urshela

SP - Corey Kluber
SP - Carlos Carrasco
SP - Trevor Bauer
SP - Mike Clevinger
SP - Tomlin OR Salazar

RP - Cody Allen
RP - Andrew Miller
RP - Bryan Shaw
RP - Joe Smith
RP - Dan Otero
RP - Tyler Olson
RP - Danny Salazar or Nick Goody

*Things to note*
-Brantley and Kipnis are both healthy in this scenario.
-Will we enter the playoffs with just 4 Starting pitchers? Have a long relief guy like Salazar or McCallister (Don't have Z-Mac on my roster as of now)
-Salazar could be 5th start or in pen, or not even make the roster. Tomlin could be left off as well.
-Tito loves his bullpen -- will he really go in with just 7 relievers? (this is of course dependent on how many starters we have as well. Could also see Guyer being left off the roster as well, which would add another RP or UTIL spot. Santana could play RF again if need be in a World Series situation when we don't have the DH in NL.
-Tyler Olson I think absolutely deserves a playoff spot. Another lefty in the pen and has YET to give up a single run.
-Will EGON make the roster over GIO? EGON with the better stick, but GIO with the better glove.
-No Room for Yandy
-Zimmer broke a bone in his hand last night (9/10/17) and I am assuming he is out for the year.

Enjoy, guys. This is a GREAT "problem" we have to "deal" with :cool:. WOW, we are stacked!

Top Bottom