Is Anyone Impressed W/Joe Woods?.. I'm NOT!!! | Barking Hard

Is Anyone Impressed W/Joe Woods?.. I'm NOT!!!

nickers

Nick@Nite
Awards
Can anyone please tell me what this 4-2 defense is were running?... So far.. I'm not one bit impressed with it.. I understand we signed a bunch of new guys.. And some guys.. Rookies and such are still getting technique down and stuff... But so far.. Joe Woods has under utilized Garretts skill set as a pass rusher.. Guys like Mack Wlson and Takitaki have been just barely outside of marginal production wise.. But also... I see a too much "read and react" then just going for the guy with the ball.. I understand you have to track the ball and such.. But at what point do we play the game of football or watch people stand around giving 5-10 yard cushions and letting TE's rule the middle of the field on us.. I mean were going into game 3 and Garrett's sack total is 1.5... But getting back to the mess I see midfield where the LB'ers,TE's and backs roam... We are losing too many matchups and assignments in that area... That needs to greatly improve or Kevin Stefanski can hire another DC fast! Because I see no rhyme or reason with this shitass Defense..

Can anyone please tell me what this 4-2 defense is were running?... So far.. I'm not one bit impressed with it.. I understand we signed a bunch of new guys.. And some guys.. Rookies and such are still getting technique down and stuff... But so far.. Joe Woods has under utilized Garretts skill set as a pass rusher.. Guys like Mack Wlson and Takitaki have been just barely outside of marginal production wise.. But also... I see a too much "read and react" then just going for the guy with the ball.. I understand you have to track the ball and such.. But at what point do we play the game of football or watch people stand around giving 5-10 yard cushions and letting TE's rule the middle of the field on us.. I mean were going into game 3 and Garrett's sack total is 1.5... But getting back to the mess I see midfield where the LB'ers,TE's and backs roam... We are losing too many matchups and assignments in that area... That needs to greatly improve or Kevin Stefanski can hire another DC fast! Because I see no rhyme or reason with this shitass Defense..
I agree totally with your post. The defense is way too passive. These guys need to start getting after it. Playing way more aggressive. We've definitely got the talent. Right now we are just not getting the most out of our talent. Go Browns!!!

I don't think I've got the knowledge to question our defensive formations or our playcalling. But I can judge the results on the field.
If you asked anyone of us before week 1 what was our strenght defensively, I'm quite sure pass rush would be two words you'd hear 90% of the times.
Well, so far our pass rush was not a factor in any of the two games we played. And that is quite evidently because by the time Garrett, Clowney, McDowell or whoever else got to the QB the ball was no longer there. Being that our pass rushers only needed a couple more steps to get to the QB, this means our coverage was bad. Probably PFF statistics will overall tell a different tale, statistics always do, but in the plays that mattered our opposing QBs (one of them an unexperienced rookie) could almost regularly complete or rush for the first down.
If we don't find a way to allow our DLine to get to the QB, we won't have the winning season we all expect.
It's like buying a Ferrari and use it to go to the supermarket. I hope they're talking about it in Berea.
Of course I'm not expecting Joe Woods will be fired after two games, but I really hope Stefanski understands that we are entirely depending on the offense to win games and that we are walking on a thin edge.

I don't think I've got the knowledge to question our defensive formations or our playcalling. But I can judge the results on the field.
If you asked anyone of us before week 1 what was our strenght defensively, I'm quite sure pass rush would be two words you'd hear 90% of the times.
Well, so far our pass rush was not a factor in any of the two games we played. And that is quite evidently because by the time Garrett, Clowney, McDowell or whoever else got to the QB the ball was no longer there. Being that our pass rushers only needed a couple more steps to get to the QB, this means our coverage was bad. Probably PFF statistics will overall tell a different tale, statistics always do, but in the plays that mattered our opposing QBs (one of them an unexperienced rookie) could almost regularly complete or rush for the first down.
If we don't find a way to allow our DLine to get to the QB, we won't have the winning season we all expect.
It's like buying a Ferrari and use it to go to the supermarket. I hope they're talking about it in Berea.
Of course I'm not expecting Joe Woods will be fired after two games, but I really hope Stefanski understands that we are entirely depending on the offense to win games and that we are walking on a thin edge.

I expect Stefanski to tell this dumb idiot to mix up the coverages... Our Defense is woefully predictable.

Somebody lit a fire under Wood's ass cause they were effective enough to crush a bad offense.

Still ain't sold yet, but we've seen Delpit and now JOK both have great games. Newsome has been very good and btw the DB's caused a lot of the sacks by confusing the rookie Fields or locking down average WR's. The back end of our D played well enough to allow our linemen to crush the pocket. And we blitzed more against the Bears!

Hopefully this is a good stepping stone for the D and it continues to trend upward against the Vikings next Sunday. For now we celebrate victory Monday!

The ravens really have a horseshoe up their ass or something too. And fuck the steelers.

fields aint gonna make it. that was the most inept OFF Ive ever seen.
the rookie froze up out there.I was happy to see our D finally look good.
now can we keep this train rollin thru the vikes and the cards?
I hope so. (you laughed when you saw woods punching the air too huh?)

I’ll be the contrarian
Some dude in a polo shirt isn’t. Gonna hold back grown men from ballin

some little dude named joe is not
Gonna stop the browns from going to the super bowl

think about it?

talent and desire will override Most debilitating flaws

I agree. His defense can be predictable fo sho. That’s why this defense is so inconsistent on a consistent basis. With the talent on this defense, no reason in the world the Browns shouldn’t be in the SuperBowl. Other than Woods of course....
Are they really inconsistent? If only going by the first 4 weeks this season they have been consistent. In that each week the defense, which has something like 8 new starters, has shown a consistency of getting better as the weeks progressed.

I could probably come up with a 100 different reasons why the Browns wouldn't win the SB, and Woods would only be one of those.

As I have said before, no coordinators draw up schemes that are designed to fail. Ultimately the players have to execute them. Now are coordinators guilty of designing schemes not best suited for the players they have? Sure. But that really hasn't been the case this season

are coordinators guilty of designing schemes not best suited for the players they have? Sure. But that really hasn't been the case this season
LOL are you kidding? good lord.
woods changed up his entire system vs the vikings.It looked nothing schematically like games 1 or 2.
Its night and day,Its not execution.its scheme and Ive been saying it for over a year now.

Are they really inconsistent? If only going by the first 4 weeks this season they have been consistent. In that each week the defense, which has something like 8 new starters, has shown a consistency of getting better as the weeks progressed.

I could probably come up with a 100 different reasons why the Browns wouldn't win the SB, and Woods would only be one of those.

As I have said before, no coordinators draw up schemes that are designed to fail. Ultimately the players have to execute them. Now are coordinators guilty of designing schemes not best suited for the players they have? Sure. But that really hasn't been the case this season
You better start writing then. I think they’d be 100 different excuses but whatevs.......

LOL are you kidding? good lord.
woods changed up his entire system vs the vikings.It looked nothing schematically like games 1 or 2.
Its night and day,Its not execution.its scheme and Ive been saying it for over a year now.
It was different because it was against a different team and a different offense. Goes back to game plans change week to week. CLE still did many of the same things all 4 weeks. The mix of play calls is what changed each week

Go back and watch the first 2 weeks closely. Player mistakes and hesitation had far more to do with plays than scheme

The D will change from week to week to suit the opponent. Woods has said that himself and that any cues for the opposing QB to lock onto will be disguised.

Is it possible you're not liking your boy Mack Wilson only getting 11 snaps on D? It might be less this week if Walker is ready to take on more plays. It kind of sucks, but he would be a helluva backup LB for us. I like Wilson

Also note that Malcolm Smith's role is supposed to be reduced with Walker's return, but the LB corp as a whole should be fresh with the rotations/depth we have this week. Elijah Lee is a ST demon, but has filled in due to the injuries. I don't see him doing much more than ST's.

They still have Wilson listed as the starting Will as of right now over JOK.

Is it possible you're not liking your boy Mack Wilson only getting 11 snaps on D?
what are you talking about willis? Im not a huge fan,I just think its funny how fans all jump on a player because the media says so.
macks a solid NFL LB. I much prefer walker and JOK as our starters.
browns fandom has been saying the same things about woods as we have here.the guys been playing base soft zone as default.
it doesnt work.he changed that.we look much better.end of story.
The D will change from week to week to suit the opponent. Woods has said that himself
yeah woods has said a lot of things but thus far has failed to prove much of anything..yet.
I dont see him going back to that BS soft zone after last weeks success with man coverage.
how can you really rush the passer without man coverage to lock up receivers?
woods was wrong.he changed it up.good for him.good for us.

Im not a huge fan,I just think its funny how fans all jump on a player because the media says so.
Shiiiittt bro. You and Mack had a serious relationship in camp. Everybody saw it! ;)

yeah woods has said a lot of things but thus far has failed to prove much of anything..yet.
I'll leave this here for you to stare at:

Shiiiittt bro. You and Mack had a serious relationship in camp. Everybody saw it! ;)
you're just pissed I made you look a fool over it. macks not an NFL starter? LOLOLOLOL stop bringing it up sour grapes.
you're just another parrot who repeats what they hear. try an form your own opinion.
joe woods? you're just repeating what you've heard and read. many posters agree on woods.Its not just me.
with woods (like mack) its not personnel.Its about performance only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom