Is Anyone Impressed W/Joe Woods?.. I'm NOT!!! | Page 3 | Barking Hard

Is Anyone Impressed W/Joe Woods?.. I'm NOT!!!

But I don't believe this FO will let him go until after the season. And if the D, currently 11th in the league gets better like most of us believe it should he will not be let go.

If we have a top 10 defense at the end of the season is that not good enough to keep him around? I doubt the FO would think that. I think we should be closer to top 5, but top 10 is not likely to get Woods fired.

Wasn't Joe Woods , John Fox's undoing?.. Or Wade Phillips?.. I can't remember...
Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

Isn't it true that Denver was having issues in the FO surrounding Elway and essentially making wholesale changes to the entire organization? I'm not sure what the timeline is on that, but I remember GM Elway was under much criticism for his awful moves and subsequently fired.

He didn't. In fact he took over the D.C. duties and did the exact same things there as he is doing here. Denver fan couldn't stand him.
Fans are generally clueless. So what DEN fans thought means very little.

As shown when I posted in another thread year one as den DC they were a top D and got better against the run compared to the previous year. Year two the D regressed mostly across the board (got better in sacks and TO). Both years the O was not good, turned the ball over a lot, and left that D in bad positions a lot. Much like we have seen with some past browns teams, and other NFL teams, when the D keeps getting left in bad positions over time their performance diminishes for a variety of reasons.

Watching Den and CLE now, in both cases it's not an Xs and Os issue. It's execution and communication on the field. Now is that because Woods is not a good leader/manager/communicator to an entire defense? That is something that only people inside that locker room knows. We got 12 more weeks to see what happens with a Woods led D.

Interestingly if you look at how CLE setup their D against KC it's the same thing BUF and SD did. Lay back in zone, only send 4, and make Mahomes have long drives. Wait for him to get impatient and make mistakes. It's worked for other teams. For CLE it did not because of communication and execution breakdowns.

Now seeing as how Woods made his name originally as a DB coach it is a poor reflection that the D he leads has had far too many communication issues within the secondary this year and last.

Top Bottom