Is Anyone Impressed W/Joe Woods?.. I'm NOT!!! | Page 5 | Barking Hard

Is Anyone Impressed W/Joe Woods?.. I'm NOT!!!

Joe Woods 4th Qtr D has been a consistent problem all three years. 28th, 24th, 31st in 4th Q pts allowed.

With stellar talent.

But Joe Woods isn't the problem. 🤦

Three years with this much talent on our defense, what a waste.
It is certainly not good on the points allowed in the 4th QTR. That is on coaching and the players.

Not sure I would say three years with this much talent. 2020 the only talent that was on the field was Garrett and Ward. That's why last year there was 9 new starters on the defense. If they don't clean it up this year quickly and get that ranking way higher someone's head needs to roll, and that should be Woods' head.

If players are still hesitant in their assignments and we are in the middle of the defense's third year then the defensive scheme is the problem.

Looking at the offensive side it's the third year for those guys and we see new plays being developed and called by the staff and executed pretty damn good by the players.

Special Teams are more hit and miss from year to year because they're built around a lot of developing players and talents like Takitaki, AJ
Green and Miller Forristall.

Toni Grossi said today on 11-6-22 on WKNR this morning,

"If you're a good coach you don't have two bad seasons back to back when the roster is better"

He's not wrong, either.

Then he added the best players on this team were not brought in by AB; Chubb, MG, Denzel Ward, Bitonio and Teller.

Burning Set On Fire GIF by US National Archives

woods is an extremist.he commits to stopping the pass.he believes recent trends are the future of NFL OFF.I strongly disagree.this is football.you can only do 1 of 2 things really.run it or pass it.
one will never eclipse the other because when you plug up one hole,another one opens elsewhere.
for me flexibility in scheme and players is the future.hybrid 34 43 schemes.flexible,adjustable,simple.
we need to find that uncut diamond at DC from the NCAA.not a guy who knows a guy like woods
If we keep woods?prepare yourself for another year of no playoffs.

3G could easily get this D playing at a high level with the talent that's already here. Guy motivates players to be their best. Mostly because they won't play for him if they don't perform.

He's a fiery mofo, run-through-a-wall kind of guy. I'm still curious how he lost the HC spot to Freddie "they started it" Kitchens.
Yeah, That decision has always bothered me... I thought 3G is just what CLE needed... Tough Father figure with a no nonsense coaching philosphy... My guess is he was anti Analytics...

He's a fiery mofo, run-through-a-wall kind of guy. I'm still curious how he lost the HC spot to Freddie "they started it" Kitchens.
It's the biggest mistake of Dorsey when he was here. He chose FK because he wanted his lap dog HC on account Depo was tight with ownership and Dorsey hated Depo. Allegedly.

If Dorsey chose HC's with the same fiery "I want football players" type of attitude applied to HC's he might still be here. A lot of projection on my part, but there is no doubt that 3G was miles ahead of FK between those two and they both wanted the job and that was subsequent to 3G taking over for Hugh and doing a great job as the interim HC!

What was Dorsey thinking?!

Uh guys, Woods may be staying. Tony Grossi recently said the same, although admitted he is in the minority. Woods has suddenly figured out Myles should like up everywhere and anywhere, especially over a weak link in the O-line.

And tbh, if Prief doesn't have an epic collapse vs the Jets, Cade hits a few FG's, and Watson's TD thows weren't all dropped vs the Saints, we'd be a 10 win team right now.

Haven't we seen enough of this movie before?! The D can't find their collective assholes for the first half of the season, but somehow Woods adjusts and we take off after the season is shot to hell. Enough!!

Let Woods go.

Top Bottom