Browns - Is Ben Roethlisberger a play for the Browns in 2022? | Barking Hard

Browns Is Ben Roethlisberger a play for the Browns in 2022?

MinnyTesteverde

Awards
There are a lot of reports coming in that the Browns are seriously interested in offering Ben a one-year contract with a one year option next year to.........

Yes, dickheads, I am fucking around.....but not really. As stupid as this thread title is, the actual reports that Marcus Mariotta, Aaron Rogers and others are strong candidates to come to Cleveland next year are just as stupid. These assholes are no more likely to come to Browns town than is Ben the Yoda. I realize that we are now in the zone of little-to-no Browns news, but one of the worst things for me is this kind of horseshit conjecture about who the Browns are looking at.

Mayfield is going to be the starter in 2022. I have no idea if Keenum will still be here as I don't follow this contract bullshit, and perhaps the Browns will use a later pick on a QB.

The Browns season has not even assumed room temperature yet, and these media assholes have started this rumor bullshit.
  • What three teams are interested in Mayfield
  • These three QBs are a possibility for the Browns in 2022
  • These are the likely FAs that the Browns are eyeing
  • These are the veterans who will likely leave
All of this, bullshit that never, ever comes to pass, but sure enough it will be splattered all over the media. I would rather have no news than all the stupid shit that is about to be launched.

Attachments

• RO Big New.JPG
    RO Big New.JPG
    658.4 KB · Views: 2
I agree that's what is going to happen. We can all have fun doing our window shopping, but Baker will be back next year and the Browns will build around him. The stark raving reality is Baker is a good quarterback. At his best, he's a very good quarterback. And they're extremely hard to replace - especially in a bad draft - until the moment they ask for top dollar.

I disagree on it being the worst. It's fun to consider what might be, regardless of how unrealistic or even something possible. That's the NFL offseason without Billy Football and Josh Gordon keeping us on our toes. I get how someone would be uninterested, however, as it's a subjective entertainment.

From my understanding of the options, we could save $6.5M if we cut Keenum before June 1. So we might move on and look around for a cheaper alternative; it might even be Nick Mullens given he played well in his opportunity and now knows the system. That's probably about the most movement we'd see at the QB position.

Buffalo has always been my second favorite team mainly because of the former owners stand against the evil empire when they moved the Browns. But now it's simply a constant reminder of our dumb ass ownership and the hostage situation our beloved franchise currently sees itself in.

Also since I am sick of seeing Big Gay Ben's name in this forum, it will forever more be automatically censored to Big Gay Ben by the forum. You're welcome.

Last edited:
So you know, I am in full agreement with your plans for Ben the rapist. I really meant no stir up with naming the dumb bastard, but given the week and the point of the thread, which is that our team always seems to get plastered with the highest numbers of sensationalized, speculation bullshit of any team to me, tongue-in-cheek there is no more absurdity to naming him as a QB option as there is the other dickweeds.

I also think you know my feelings on Baker, however, if we are standing with both our feet on solid ground, I don't see how we can think that given the general lack of any young high caliber QB candidates, the Brown's need for a younger prospect, and the reality of Baker's money situation, the only way Baker doesn't start is if he gets hurt. Regardless if it was ShitMyPantski or Haslam who made the call to keep playing injured Baker, it is clear that Baker is still favored.

Speaking of Veteran talent, why was the Sam era team able to sign and get great value out of FAs (Danielsen, Strock, Joe D, Alzado et. al) but since teh departure of Marty, most of our FAs just collect a check and go through the motion? Clowney certainly is an exception.

Buffalo has always been my second favorite team mainly because of the former owners stand against the evil empire when they moved the Browns. But now it's simply a constant reminder of our dumb ass ownership and the hostage situation our beloved franchise currently sees itself in.

Also since I am sick of seeing Big Gay Ben's name in this forum, it will be forever more be automatically censored to Big Gay Ben by the forum. You're welcome.
Buffalo is a unique entity with a weird connection to us, even before our the move. When I was a boy, (Frankincense era) Erie Pa, (UHF Channel 35, I think WSEE) and Buffalo, NY (UHF 49, WNYO I think) always featured the Browns away games. The AFL games came on at 4 PM, never conflicted with the NFL, and there a lot of Browns fans in those area. Paul Browns and Jim Brown were the shit. When the debacle occurred, unseen to most, is that Buffalo already had a history of being simpatico with us, so the support was natural.

I agree with your perception that Buffalo looked formidable. Will they have that kind of dominance all the way to the show? I hope so because I cant stand Patrick Mahomosexual. Yeah I know, he's good, but his voice and demeanor make me want to spear him while he is scrambling out of bounds. I hate run-first QBs and am sick of announcers kissing this guys ass.

The allure of Russell Wilson sounds better with each passing day!
Personally, I would welcome him. However this kind of seemingly logical thought never seems to come to fruition in Cleveland. The kind of QB the Rams made just doesn't go on in Cleveland. I accept that baker will be the starter in 2022. I don't like it and if I owned the browns Baker would never step into Cleveland Stadium again. And yes, I call it Cleveland Stadium because that's what it is. Fuck the sponsor.

Top Bottom