Jadeveon Clowney | Barking Hard

Jadeveon Clowney

This would be a great get. If only people would stop comparing Jadeveon Clowney to the player everyone fantasized he would/could be at #1 overall back in. . . um. . . 2014? We could then base the conversation around who Clowney is today - a top-tier run defender with ability to disrupt the pocket and, occasionally if not consistently, take over and have a monster game. We don't need - and can't expect - to have two Myles Garretts. A healthy Clowney in on run downs with a rejuvinated Takk and Garrett, or Clowney & Garrett, coming off the edge on passing downs? We'd be sitting pretty. And - can scratch EDGE off our list of considerations at #26.

He pressures VERY well.
He defends the run VERY well.

I'm okay with that. I just hope it isn't some 15mil price tag.

The Ravens have Lamar, the Steelers are going to try like crazy to improve their run game, and the Bengals still have Mixon. We need the run D in this division.

I'm still drafting an edge at 26 even with the addition of Clowney. We need another quality DE after Clowney and Takk leave to hold down the position on a permanent basis in the future.

I think AB is smart enough to not bid against himself. This is all Clowney posturing for every last cent. AB could wake up tomorrow and change his mind about his offer and rescind the deal. Where else does Clowney have to go?

clowney would be on a 1 year and isnt that reliable or good.
we should still draft a high edge If not at 26 and perhaps more than 1.
forget clowney. diggin for every last dollar bill? blue collar cleveland fans aint down widdit
they work hard fo the money. so you better treat em right!
draft 2 solid prospects at DE.forget this FA. stop chasing that dragon..

I'd hope not. That would mean they stopped moving Garrett around and getting him advantages against RTs
Well, I am not speaking only to that scenario or carving into stone which side each would play on. I am suggesting that LJ bails to his left more than right, usually on a broken pass play or strong rush over the RT, not a designed run. Clowney is good against the run and not such a sack king. Clowney being on the other end (whichever end it is from Garrett) would be a great backstop against LJ bailing out and running for 15 yards like he does so often.

Maybe in simpler terms I should say: When LJ, or any QB is forced to bail out and run away from Garrett, Clowney seems like the perfect piece to be on the other side, especially since he is good against the run. I believe this is why Berry/FO have their eye on him.

And only spent a year in SEA after they traded for him. And why HOU could only get Mingo (yep that Mingo), somebody named Martin, and a 3rd round pick for him.

then again, he flashes on tape as one of the most aggressive DE's in the NFL
I guess I can preach it either way - 10 mill per clowney shoes -take it or leave berea forever!
(but do not go to baltimore!)

Top Bottom