JOE WOODS DEFENCE -- the playoffs are coming.are the correct adjustments being made? | Page 15 | Barking Hard

JOE WOODS DEFENCE -- the playoffs are coming.are the correct adjustments being made?

It has nothing to do with business. It was a private conversation illegally obtained and disseminated. Anthem protests interfere with my enjoyment of the game. Private conversations do not. What a pathetically stupid argument.
Sure it has to do with business. The NFL doesn't want people running around using slurs that can ultimately bring negative attention to the the brand.

It wasn't a private conversation. It was placed in email to an NFL team employee. Those emails were obtained via a league investigation in to WAS by the NFL. The only thing questionable is how those specific emails made it to the media. Whether they made it to the media or not doesn't absolve them, nor protect Gruden from losing his job over them.

You clearly miss the point I was making on the anthem. First, do you really watch the game for the anthem at the beginning of the game? Secondly you are calling the league pussies for being upset over name calling. Well being upset over guys kneeling during the anthem is akin to being upset over name calling, and can be construed as being a pussy over it.

What does sexuality have to do with the rules, which are not defined by the commish? Also there are a lot of gay men and women who would destroy anyone of of us on this board.
Who said anything about rules? Gruden was not employed by the NFL at the time of those emails genius. Therefore should not be subject to any type of disciplinary action or pushed out of the league for lockerroom talk. My guess is you’ve never been in a locker room and embrace being emasculated

Who said anything about rules? Gruden was not employed by the NFL at the time of those emails genius. Therefore should not be subject to any type of disciplinary action or pushed out of the league for lockerroom talk. My guess is you’ve never been in a locker room and embrace being emasculated
The NFL has a code of conduct. Whether he said them while employed at the time or not doesn't matter. They were there and can jeopardize their business now that he was employed again by an NFL team.

Locker room talk is just that. It involves speaking and in the locker room. Gruden was an idiot for putting them in email.

What does being emasculated even mean?

What does that have to do with Gruden using homophobic slurs?

I think the whole argument is this:

Person A sends an Email to person B. If person B opens that Email on his business computer, in this case the NFL, can it be used in a legal hearing even though it was to person B's personal Email site.

He opened it for his personal view, from his personal Email, on a business computer.

I think that's what happened, but I don't know the details.

No matter what we now know not to open personal Emails on a business computer, phone or other electronic device that one doesn't own. Hell most of us knew that, but we are dealing with football people who's expertise should be limited to just football and definitely not social commentaries. That's also why I'd never ask a player, coach, GM or owner their political views let alone type it out on a device I don't have control over.

Black And White Vintage GIF

Last edited:
we arent doing anything to improve our defence even so much as acknowledging the problems
woods is like a block of wood.inert.immovable.stubborn.
are we rotating DE? are we bringing in new guys? I have heard vernons name once all year
If vernon cannot generate pressure make a change.make a trade.do something.
are we getting in a veteran safeties to shore up our disastrous centre pairing?
WTF are we doing ya'll? our defence is BOTTOM 3 IN THE LEAGUE vs the pass
we are giving up 30+ per as a given.

we are all so worried about the OFF we forget
we aren't going to beat any teams in the playoffs with this D.its as simple as that.
not unless we start making changes

he doesnt even seem to acknowledge the depth of our problems on D
he shrugs his shoulders and sends 23 out there to start at FS anyway
he's apparently an arrogant man
I would call to "fire woods" but why bother?
he wont be back in 2021
will he? this vikings loyalty is strong on this team

I get people pissed off all the time when entering these debates. Don't get me wrong, I don't rain on anyone's parade who likes the nitty-gritty critique of analyzing x's and o's, strategies, and analytics, but in my own personal life I consider these kind of things to be mental masturbation.

Here is how I see it. If I go to a dentist and he has to revert to his books, or regroup and figure out how to be a dentist, he clearly is a bad dentist. Imagine getting on a plane, and learning that the pilot is reviewing his classroom dta because his flights were not going well. Or eating in an expensive restaurant, and see that the chef has to constantly look at cookbooks?

For some reason football fans think I is normal for coaches to have to re-evaluate, adjust, re-design and invent new things to win.

On another board I stated that after 3 quarters of the 1st preseason game Romeo Crennell should be fired. I called for Hue to be fired after 6 quarters of preseason. Now, I was 100% correct, but not because i am some football visionary or genius, but rather because I think to be successful in anything, the basic lessons of life should manifest themselves clearly and immediately in how a man carries himself nd how he works.

Penalties, fights, dropped passes, missed tackles, missed assignments, dumb play calling, etc., are not things that require analysis, regrouping, study and research. These are things that seldom happen with people who has strong fundamental life beliefs.

The problems we are seeing in the Browns are not things that need to be worked on. They are signs of men who do not have strong beliefs, philosophies and standards. It is easy to be a first year success in the NFL. The opposition has no A Priori knowledge and has to guess at how to play you. In year 2? Different story. There is previous knowledge and the opposition gets tougher.

What you are seeing in the Browns now is indicative of the points I am making. The wheels are falling off, people are prepared, and the leaders don't have any life substance to stand their ground and win. So ShitmyPantski and crew spends 2 weeks searching for answers.
People, if these fucktards were qualified in the first place, they would have known what to do weeks ago. Instead they are scratching their balls throwing shit against the walls.

Over and over we have seen great talent led into mediocrity by bad owners. Anyone who thinks ShitMyPantski is going to be successful is in for a rude awakening. He is as clueless as Hue. He should be fired immediately for what he did to this team.

He might be back, the Haslam's are easily manipulated by lobbyists.

He was a bad hire, hired for the wrong reasons. There were several candidates who would have made far more sense.

We have had some absolutely God sent turnovers, or this season could be so much uglier. Minus Ward and Garrett, this could be the worst defense in NFL history, and the talent isn't close to the worst.

Are you posting from your phone? Your style is either extremely familiar or it's phone posting.
I maintain that Lerner was also easily manipulated. I don't know who it is that directs the culture of Browns football, but it isn't Haslam, it isn't the coaches, and it sure as hell isn't us. Being an armchair HC is fun, hell, we all love it. At some point however a franchise has to have some direction, some principles, some identity.

This team is amazing, it has none of that.

I get people pissed off all the time when entering these debates. Don't get me wrong, I don't rain on anyone's parade who likes the nitty-gritty critique of analyzing x's and o's, strategies, and analytics, but in my own personal life I consider these kind of things to be mental masturbation.

Here is how I see it. If I go to a dentist and he has to revert to his books, or regroup and figure out how to be a dentist, he clearly is a bad dentist. Imagine getting on a plane, and learning that the pilot is reviewing his classroom dta because his flights were not going well. Or eating in an expensive restaurant, and see that the chef has to constantly look at cookbooks?

For some reason football fans think I is normal for coaches to have to re-evaluate, adjust, re-design and invent new things to win.

On another board I stated that after 3 quarters of the 1st preseason game Romeo Crennell should be fired. I called for Hue to be fired after 6 quarters of preseason. Now, I was 100% correct, but not because i am some football visionary or genius, but rather because I think to be successful in anything, the basic lessons of life should manifest themselves clearly and immediately in how a man carries himself nd how he works.

Penalties, fights, dropped passes, missed tackles, missed assignments, dumb play calling, etc., are not things that require analysis, regrouping, study and research. These are things that seldom happen with people who has strong fundamental life beliefs.

The problems we are seeing in the Browns are not things that need to be worked on. They are signs of men who do not have strong beliefs, philosophies and standards. It is easy to be a first year success in the NFL. The opposition has no A Priori knowledge and has to guess at how to play you. In year 2? Different story. There is previous knowledge and the opposition gets tougher.

What you are seeing in the Browns now is indicative of the points I am making. The wheels are falling off, people are prepared, and the leaders don't have any life substance to stand their ground and win. So ShitmyPantski and crew spends 2 weeks searching for answers.
People, if these fucktards were qualified in the first place, they would have known what to do weeks ago. Instead they are scratching their balls throwing shit against the walls.

Over and over we have seen great talent led into mediocrity by bad owners. Anyone who thinks ShitMyPantski is going to be successful is in for a rude awakening. He is as clueless as Hue. He should be fired immediately for what he did to this team.
Welcome back Ghoulie

The NFL has a code of conduct. Whether he said them while employed at the time or not doesn't matter. They were there and can jeopardize their business now that he was employed again by an NFL team.

Locker room talk is just that. It involves speaking and in the locker room. Gruden was an idiot for putting them in email.

What does being emasculated even mean?

What does that have to do with Gruden using homophobic slurs?
The code of conduct applies NOT to sports reporters and commentators. Which Gruden was at time of said emails. Argue it til you’re blue in the face! Gruden was punished because Goodell got his pussy hurt! I see a huge payday for Chuckie! Hush money if you will. I predict an out of court settlement to buy his silence!

I try to look at things as simple as possible. Forget, law, politics, big Corp, whatever.

If you are dumb enough to put life changing comments in emails then good luck. That was the point I stopped questioning the situation.

Also, who cares? It’s over with. Let’s talk about the Browns.

I’m going to walk back my earlier comments on Woods because this defense has shown improvement from then to now. In fact I’m hard pressed to think of a single loss on the season that the defense didn’t keep us in the game only for the offense (Baker Mayfield and Kevin Stefanski) to under achieve and either not hold onto a lead or show they can win in the 4th quarter in those losses. The NE game may be an acception

The D has played very well since gelling. Hard fought game tonight. But that last drive. Can't put my finger on it but we needed a little something extra. I can't believe we let the fucking raiders beat us at home. Very disappointing. This season is over........

yes I can confirm he has made his adjustments,is playing much more man coverage on the outside and has won another year.
well done joe. you pulled off a miracle and kept your job. onto the draft. an for gods sake KEEP CLOWNEY! shoe throwing and all.

Top Bottom