Justin Gilbert | Barking Hard

Justin Gilbert

brownsdownunder

Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb
Awards
CB out of OSU.

This guy is projected 3rd round after a bad year.

57 tackles, 48 solo, 2.5 for a loss, 0 interceptions, 9 passes defended.
In 2011 he racked up 59 tackles, 48 solo, 1 for a loss, 5 interceptions for 57 yards and 15 passes defended. Watching highlights this guy PICKED on RG3.

He stands 6'1" and weighs 200 pounds. He is incredibly quick, looks like he could go step for step with Buster Skrine. Another plus, he is an electric returner. 82 career returns for 2,193 for an average of 26.7 with 5 touchdowns. He doesn't return punts, but Travis Benjamin does. Josh Cribbs seems finsihed with Cleveland, so this only makes him more appealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNRbJbmyNk

Here is film from three games in 2011 including him picking on RG3. I like that because it shows the class of player he can be. To be honest, it looked like teams wanted to avoid him this year. Joe Haden can testify to that being a pain in the ass.

He looks like a legit #2 CB, right?

If we could land Moore in the first and this guy in the 3rd, I think that is an insane draft in terms of beefing up the D. He is a junior but he's not committed to going back and it seems like he's going to enter.

Anyone else got anymore/like him as much as I am starting to?

He's not coming out this year. He was a projected 1st round guy before last season, but oSu's secondary was an abomination. They consistently played 10yard cushions in a bend but dont break scheme. It was painful in comparison to 2011 to watch. I think this goes to show how good Markelle Martin is, who was drafted by the Titans last season but sat out (IR) due to a combine injury. Gilbert's shine went away when oSu's defense stopped turning teams over at a record clip. He needs to improve his fundamentals. He gets caught peeking into the backfield and doesn't help cover up other guys mistakes often enough. He's gotta be one of the premier return men coming out however. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play offense this season. Converted QB.

Top Bottom