Kevin Mack League - Week 11 Recap | Barking Hard

Kevin Mack League - Week 11 Recap

hiwaygal

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
Awards
GOBBLE! GOBBLE! GOBBLE!

Who’s ready for some turkey?

Floridabrownsbacker (5-6) started his feast with the biggest blowout of the week beating BernietheKid (2-9) by 83.96 points.

With big ol’ goose eggs from Evan Moore and Derek “FREAKIN” Anderson, Floridabrownsbacker had a challenge to overcome. But Roddy White, LeGarrette Blount, and Cam Newton served up some heaping helpings of points.

BernietheKid tested fate by starting two players on a bye, and with zilch from John Beck…well, let’s just say that turkey was DONE! Andy Dalton, Jonathan Steward, and the Washington Defense did at least bring some gravy.

FINAL SCORE: Floridabrownsbacker 269.98 BernietheKid 186.02

The high scorer of the week is RAC ‘n ROLLS (10-1). He’s on a roll like butter but he’s not quite as soft. Whipped Cream (5-6) decided that dessert was best eaten alone, in a dark room. By yourself.

Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Maurice Jones-Drew put some extra dough into those ROLLS.

Matt Ryan, Michael Bush, and Victor Cruz sweetened up the Cream but sometimes you just get too much turkey.

Gobble. Gobble.

FINAL SCORE: RAC ‘n ROLLS 319.18 Whipped Cream 266.66

In the upset of the week, Waiting for Noodles (3-8) handed a loss to JJ’s Palookas (7-4). Apparently Waiting for Noodles was Waiting for Thanksgiving.

Waiting for Noodles started FOUR players on a bye to beat the Palookas. Vincent Jackson, Rob Gronkowski, and Jay Cutler led the massive dash for the Noodle station.

D’Qwell Jackson, Steven Jackson, and Antonio Gates just couldn’t get their stuffing together for JJ’s Palookas.

FINAL SCORE: Waiting for Noodles 268.98 JJ’s Palookas 189.30

Yum! Yum! I Heart Freckles (7-4) got their cooking done early to watch the Macy’s Parade. And they must have left early ‘cause they started two players on a bye. Unfortunately, EVIL Dawg Pound (4-7) didn’t seem to take advantage of the empty kitchen.

Tony Romo, LeSean McCoy, and Kellen Winslow (wow, haven’t heard that name in awhile) were the sous chefs for Freckles.

Rex Grossman, Jabar Gaffney, and the San Francisco Defense were still grocery shopping for the EVIL Dawg Pound.

FINAL SCORE: I Heart Freckles 265.54 EVIL Dawg Pound 231.06

A hard fought battle between Believeland Browns (3-8) and Jax Pumpkin Heads (3-8) left enough pumpkin innards on the field for some massive punkin’ pies.

Ray Rice, Alex Smith, and Mike Williams were the master pastry chefs for the Believeland Browns.

Joe Flacco, Philip Rivers, and Cedric Benson stayed on the field picking out the seeds.

FINAL SCORE: Believeland Browns 274.62 Jax Pumpkin Heads 214.19

This was the big divisional matchup between Chainsaw Massaquoi (9-2) and Cribbs and Bloods (8-3). There was a lot of gobbling, and passing of dishes…but in the end, the Chainsaw Massaquoi overpowered the Cribbs and Bloods.

Even with the Detroit Defense giving BACK 7.16 points, Chris Ogbonnaya, Josh Freeman, and Christian Ponder managed to squeeze out the win (and the cranberry sauce) in one piece!!

DeMarco Murray, Matt Moore, and Carson Palmer were relegated to peeling potatoes for the feast.

FINAL SCORE: Chainsaw Massaquoi 271.52 Cribbs and Bloods 246.66

Obi kicked ass for Chainsaw Massacre!!!

Fantasy never fails to amaze me sometimes. Another great write up by Hiway, or simply known as "The Gal" in popular circles.

oops...that was supposed to be the table...might have to try again tomorrow or somethin'

I sense a recurring theme this season....I'm a loser baby - so why don't you kill me?

Awww...Jax! Do you need a hug??

Hug-2.jpg

Thanks for another entertaining writeup Hiway! Nothing beats your holiday sports Shakespeare with Ornaments! I'm having a blast this year. I know I got lucky as Hell this week against Vegas' high scoring machine (Cribbs and Bloods). I like how competitive our 2 leagues are. Anybody can beat anybody and there's a lot of teams competing to make the playoff spots.

I want to make sure Hiway is dragged back into this league next season! Her write ups have been great after the games, but man does she ball. Starts off 0-4 and WHIPS together a 5 game winning streak. Her latest 2 game losing streak came at the hands of the overall league leader (RifferX) and tenacious JJ's Palookas (JJ) so she is no slouch. She is 3rd in waiver/FA moves with 26, and is the ultimate FF player we all want in any league were in.

Great write ups Hiway. But I appreciate your balling every week just as much!

(I still have no idea how you pick teams in the Pro-Pickem league. You're at the top of the league every season -- WTF gives girl? LOL)

Last edited:
I want to make sure Hiway is dragged back into this league next season! Her write ups have been great after the games, but man does she ball. Starts off 0-4 and WHIPS together a 5 game winning streak. Her latest 2 game losing streak came at the hands of the overall league leader (RifferX) and tenacious JJ's Palookas (JJ) so she is no slouch. She is 3rd in waiver/FA moves with 26, and is the ultimate FF player we all want in any league were in.

(I still have no idea how you pick teams in the Pro-Pickem league. You're at the top of the league every season -- WTF gives girl? LOL)

No doubt Veg, "The Gal" kicks ass all the way around. We have people not getting lineups in and she has slowly climbed back in it even after taking a tough loss by making moves and being on top of things.

The writeups are highly appreciated.

I sense a recurring theme this season....I'm a loser baby - so why don't you kill me?
You don't give up. It was a weird league at the start and most got behind pretty quick. Shit I didn't even make the draft. A couple of tweaks and it should be a fun league. But I hope we keep it pretty nutty and crazy in terms of the number of starters on game day (14) and the slot for Q/W/R. I really like this league and it's roster breakdown. We've all been playing the standard FF setup in one form or another, but I think we all might agree a new setup can fit into our enjoyment.

I really like this league. Hell I am in the running for a playoff spot, I am probably 2nd in points, and there is a chance I don't make the playoffs (big game this week vs JJ)

Aww...thanks Vegas! And don't worry, I have LOADS of fun with this stuff and will definitely be back.

Top Bottom