Kevin Mack League - Week 14 Recap | Barking Hard

Kevin Mack League - Week 14 Recap

hiwaygal

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
Awards
The last games of the regular season are over and now we separate the men from the other men…or something like that.

Before we talk about the playoffs, let’s get right into the matchups:

Biggest Blowout of the week goes to Believeland Browns (5-9) who beat Waiting for Noodles (3-11) by 236.78 points.

Waiting for Noodles is waiting for next season and waiting for new QBs. Hopefully they won’t fall to injury. Rob Gronkowski was the MNP (Most Noodley Player) for the team with a whopping 62.00 points. DeSean Jackson and Darrius Heyward-Bey also gave solid efforts.

Believeland Browns holey rollers had four players score more than 50 points each: Hakeem Nicks, Laurent Robinson, Ray Rice, and Shonn Greene. Well done Believeland – keep on believing and we’ll see you next year!

FINAL SCORE: Believeland Browns 432.64 Waiting for Noodles 195.86

In our first HOT divisional matchup RAC ‘n ROLLS (12-2) and I Heart Freckles (9-5) waged a bitter battle. Well, there was a wager.

RAC ‘n ROLLS got all flusterpated hearing that his flame was burning bright again in Kansas City, and the promise of flame broiled somethings distracted him from the task at hand. Maurice Jones-Drew, Julio Jones, and Roy Helu brought the meat of the ROLLS’ game.

I Heart Freckles handed RAC ‘n ROLLS there second loss of the season with inspired performances from Tony Romo, Drew Brees, and the Philadelphia Defense.

Can I Heart Freckles has playoffs? Apparently he can!

FINAL SCORE: RAC ‘n ROLLS 315.06 I Heart Freckles 369.49

In another division matchup, JJ’s Palookas (9-5) were looking for post season glory while taking on Chainsaw Massaquoi (11-3). I don’t know who needed what (it was complicated!) but the Palooka’s did their part to make their playoff dreams come true. Someone else burst their bubbles.

Even with -24.00 points from the Dallas Defense, the Palookas were able to ca$h in with solid contributions from Marques Colston, Marion Barber, and Toby Gerhart.

Chainsaw Massaquoi counted on Tom Brady, Doug Baldwin, and Marshawn Lynch to seal the win but there just wasn’t enough oil in those chains…

FINAL SCORE: JJ’s Palookas 327.40 Chainsaw Massaquoi 319.86

I’m not real sure what Floridabrownsbacker (7-7) and Whipped Cream (7-7) were really playing for, but apparently they get to do it again next week.

Floridabrownsbacker counted on Larry Fitzgerald, Cam Newton, and Ben Roethlisberger to do something. And they did. They scored a lot of points.

Whipped Cream got fooled by last minute line up misses – Adrian Peterson and Olindo Mare apparently forgot what he’s doing on the field. But Matt Ryan, Michael Bush, and the Chicago Defense kept things churning.

FINAL SCORE: Floridabrownsbacker 321.24 Whipped Cream 258.84

Jax Pumpkin Heads (4-10) decided to smash those pumpkins for this the last game of the season against Cribbs and Bloods (10-4). It was an all out smashin’ pumpkins sling fest with pumpkin guts everywhere!

Cribbs and Bloods practiced up for their playoff run with help from Antonio Brown, Jared Allen, and the Pittsburgh Defense.

Jax Pumpkin Heads threw it all in with Philip Rivers, Cedric Benson, and Joe Flacco.

Here’s hoping the pumpkin seeds left on the field of glory hatch new pumpkins for next year!

FINAL SCORE: Cribbs and Bloods 266.77 Jax Pumpkin Heads 248.14

BernietheKid (2-12) and EVIL Dawg Pound (5-9) were playing for bragging rights (well, they had to play for something, right?).

Eli Manning lit it up for EVIL Dawg Pound with support from Jabar Gafney and the San Francisco Defense.

BernietheKid put all his marbles in a bag with T.J. Yates, Steve Smith, and Stevie Johnson but it wasn’t enough to keep his marbles. He lost his marbles. And the game.

FINAL SCORE: EVIL Dawg Pound 302.97 BernietheKid 217.44

PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??

Yep Kevin Mack League – it’s playoff time in Fantasy Land.

In Semi-final matchup #1 we have RAC ‘n ROLLS in a rematch with I Heart Freckles. This should be a good one.

In Semi-final matchup #2 Chainsaw Massaquoi and Cribbs and Bloods go head to head.

The winners of these games will compete in the Championship (Dec 20 thru Dec 26)

And

In the consolation (booby) bracket,

JJ’s Palookas take on the Believeland Browns and Whipped Cream and Floridabrownsbacker get to repeat their game.

Of all the things to bounce you from the playoffs... I'm still dealing with going 0-2 against Waiting for Noodles despite (particularly the second time) his team missing 4 players. Amazing.

-jj

sorry jj

bear-hug1.jpg

Last edited:
Of all the things to bounce you from the playoffs... I'm still dealing with going 0-2 against Waiting for Noodles despite (particularly the second time) his team missing 4 players. Amazing.

-jj

You played one helluva year my friend, me fears what you will be like next year after a season under your belt. I let you down last week too, but credit goes to Alo for finishing out the season with a damn good team. I don't like my chances in the rematch, and it just goes to show (and like the NFL), it is tough to stay on top from the beginning to the end.

We shall see, but I did have a nice little coup grabbing Fred Davis before week one, and now I am scrambling for TE's everywhere. I lost Willis going on two weeks now, but that shouldn't be too big of a hit with picking up his replacement in former Buckeye Grant, who has done very well in his stead.

Bad matchup with Gore going up against Pitt this week, plus he is dinged and Hunter is probably going to get plenty of time. Then I have to worry about how long Rodgers is actually going to play. Last week he was worthless in the second half and eventually got pulled before getting hurt, cuz he was getting hit and not looking good. Brees has outscored him this year by a decent margin and I was hoping to get a little more from Julio and MJD on Thursday, although I can't complain given it was a blowout. A closer game and I may have had juggernaut performances from both of them.

I guess I am going to count on a Stafford to Burleson connection and I will go to game time waiting to make the wrong decision between Floyd, Manningham and James Jones.

This is my first week all year not going with three QB's, as I couldn't get Skelton and it looks like Hassle will start over Locker with Colt being out. Should be interesting watching how both matchups work out this week for all four teams.

Sorry guys...I'm slacking.

I'll get a recap up within the next day or so.

And Congrats Freckles! lol

Congrats to Alo for winning it all and congrats to everyone who competed hard all year.

Look forward to next season and thanks again everybody.

Had a blast! The league was competitive from top to bottom and that's why it was so much fun. Thank you!

Top Bottom