Kevin Mack League - Week 7 Recap | Barking Hard

Kevin Mack League - Week 7 Recap

hiwaygal

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
Awards
I got a *special request* for our recap today so bear with me as I give you LOTS of information!

Cribbs and Bloods (5-2) continued his three game winning streak this week in a 200 point romp over Jax Pumpkin Heads (1-6).

Cribbs and Bloods noted he had six starters on a bye week this week and actually had negative points from Carson Palmer (-1.36), but DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, and Calvin Johnson more than made up for a bad showing by Palmer.

Jax Pumpkin Heads also had negative points from Curtis Painter (-0.22). Even with respectable points from several players including Mark Ingram, Brandon Lloyd, and Brian Urlacher, it just wasn’t enough to overcome. We expect Jax is waiting for Halloween to really show his mad skillz!

FINAL SCORE: Cribbs and Bloods 398.07 Jax Pumpkin Heads 198.26

BernietheKid (2-5) squeaked by on a narrow win over the EVIL Dawg Pound (4-3) who is on a 2 game losing streak. Even EVIL Dawg Pound thought Anquan Boldin would lead BernietheKid to victory and his contribution certainly didn’t hurt.

The Washington D didn’t help BernietheKid with -2.16 points and Sebastian Janikowski was out due to injury, but Steve Smith, John Beck, and Heath Miller helped keep BernietheKid in the game.

EVIL Dawg Pound got absolutely no help from Lance Kendricks, Todd Heap has an injury, Rex Grossman was benched and Jason Pierre was on a bye. This probably didn’t help EVIL Dawg Pound. But great scores from Darren Sproles, Mike Wallace, and Mason Crosby at least kept him in the game.

FINAL SCORE: BernietheKid 193.28 EVIL Dawg Pound 181.88

The Believeland Browns (2-5) take their losing streak to 3 games in this weeks loss to Waiting for Noodles (2-5).

Believeland Browns got hit big with injuries and byes. Both QB’s were scoreless as Alex Smith was on a bye and Sam Bradford is injured. Several key players seemed to underperform this week as well. High scorers were Shonn Greene, the Baltimore D, and Mike Williams.

Waiting for Noodles may have pulled off the mid season miracle with four players on bye this week and still getting the win! Thanks in large part to the contributions of Matt Schaub, Michael Turner, and the New Orleans D.

FINAL SCORE: Waiting for Noodles 193.60 Believeland Browns 171.56

Another close game this week between Whipped Cream (3-4) and Floridabrownsbacker (2-5). Whipped Cream’s manager is apple pie high on a 3 week winning streak!

Whipped Cream made some strategic roster changes this week and got solid contributions from some new players and some duds from some older ones. High scorers were Adrian Peterson, Michael Bush, and Matt Ryan.

Floridabrownsbacker got disappointing scores from Tashard Choice (-1.20) but Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, and Kevin Kolb kept the game close!

FINAL SCORE: Whipped Cream 297.70 Floridabrownsbacker 286.58

There was little chatter on the field between Chainsaw Massaquoi (6-1) and JJ’s Palookas (4-3)…guess they were too focused on the match up to bother with the niceties!

Chainsaw had to sit out Marshawn Lynch and Doug Baldwin struggled this week but with contributions from RB’s Arian Foster, Montario Hardesty, and newbie QB Christian Ponder Chainsaw was able to keep his winning streak alive!

Baltimore K Billy Cundiff gave JJ’s Palookas manager heartburn and a big ol’ goose egg. Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, and Mark Sanchez helped keep the score respectable.

FINAL SCORE: Chainsaw Massaquoi 325.36 JJ’s Palookas 309.74

And last, but not least, the closest score of the week!

With just a 0.54 lead, I Heart Freckles hands RAC ‘n ROLLS his first loss of the season!

Even with LeSean McCoy on a bye and Julius Thomas injured, I Heart Freckles has managed to stack his roster with enough talent to pull out the win. Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, and Tony Romo led the charge for I Heart Freckles.

RAC ‘n ROLLS had a full roster and no negative points but just couldn’t get that half a point more! Aaron Rodgers, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Fred Davis gave their all this week…but still came up short.

Congrats Freckles!

FINAL SCORE: I Heart Freckles 242.72 RAC ‘n ROLLS 242.18

RANKTEAMW-L-TPCTDIVPTS FORPTS AGAINSTSTREAK
DIVISION 1
1RAC 'n ROLLS6-1-0.8574-1-02494.101920.27L-1
4I Heart Freckles5-2-0.7144-1-02237.841887.05W-2
5EVIL Dawg Pound4-3-0.5713-2-02132.352056.12L-2
7Whipped Cream3-4-0.4292-3-01969.962169.89W-3
8Floridabrownsbacker2-5-0.2860-5-02007.992382.71L-2
11BernietheKid2-5-0.2862-3-01783.402078.51W-1
DIVISION 2
2Chainsaw Massaquoi6-1-0.8575-0-02463.962202.67W-3
3Cribbs and Bloods5-2-0.7144-1-02492.602154.47W-2
6JJ's Palookas4-3-0.5712-3-02007.601960.51L-1
9Believeland Browns2-5-0.2861-4-01950.152176.89L-3
10Waiting for Noodles2-5-0.2862-3-01897.061928.36W-1
12Jax Pumpkin Heads1-6-0.1431-4-01827.042346.60L-4

I got a *special request* for our recap today so bear with me as I give you LOTS of information!

Cribbs and Bloods (5-2) continued his three game winning streak this week in a 200 point romp over Jax Pumpkin Heads (1-6).

Cribbs and Bloods noted he had six starters on a bye week this week and actually had negative points from Carson Palmer (-1.36), but DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, and Calvin Johnson more than made up for a bad showing by Palmer.

Jax Pumpkin Heads also had negative points from Curtis Painter (-0.22). Even with respectable points from several players including Mark Ingram, Brandon Lloyd, and Brian Urlacher, it just wasn’t enough to overcome. We expect Jax is waiting for Halloween to really show his mad skillz!

FINAL SCORE: Cribbs and Bloods 398.07 Jax Pumpkin Heads 198.26

BernietheKid (2-5) squeaked by on a narrow win over the EVIL Dawg Pound (4-3) who is on a 2 game losing streak. Even EVIL Dawg Pound thought Anquan Boldin would lead BernietheKid to victory and his contribution certainly didn’t hurt.

The Washington D didn’t help BernietheKid with -2.16 points and Sebastian Janikowski was out due to injury, but Steve Smith, John Beck, and Heath Miller helped keep BernietheKid in the game.

EVIL Dawg Pound got absolutely no help from Lance Kendricks, Todd Heap has an injury, Rex Grossman was benched and Jason Pierre was on a bye. This probably didn’t help EVIL Dawg Pound. But great scores from Darren Sproles, Mike Wallace, and Mason Crosby at least kept him in the game.

FINAL SCORE: BernietheKid 193.28 EVIL Dawg Pound 181.88

The Believeland Browns (2-5) take their losing streak to 3 games in this weeks loss to Waiting for Noodles (2-5).

Believeland Browns got hit big with injuries and byes. Both QB’s were scoreless as Alex Smith was on a bye and Sam Bradford is injured. Several key players seemed to underperform this week as well. High scorers were Shonn Greene, the Baltimore D, and Mike Williams.

Waiting for Noodles may have pulled off the mid season miracle with four players on bye this week and still getting the win! Thanks in large part to the contributions of Matt Schaub, Michael Turner, and the New Orleans D.

FINAL SCORE: Waiting for Noodles 193.60 Believeland Browns 171.56

Another close game this week between Whipped Cream (3-4) and Floridabrownsbacker (2-5). Whipped Cream’s manager is apple pie high on a 3 week winning streak!

Whipped Cream made some strategic roster changes this week and got solid contributions from some new players and some duds from some older ones. High scorers were Adrian Peterson, Michael Bush, and Matt Ryan.

Floridabrownsbacker got disappointing scores from Tashard Choice (-1.20) but Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, and Kevin Kolb kept the game close!

FINAL SCORE: Whipped Cream 297.70 Floridabrownsbacker 286.58

There was little chatter on the field between Chainsaw Massaquoi (6-1) and JJ’s Palookas (4-3)…guess they were too focused on the match up to bother with the niceties!

Chainsaw had to sit out Marshawn Lynch and Doug Baldwin struggled this week but with contributions from RB’s Arian Foster, Montario Hardesty, and newbie QB Christian Ponder Chainsaw was able to keep his winning streak alive!

Baltimore K Billy Cundiff gave JJ’s Palookas manager heartburn and a big ol’ goose egg. Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, and Mark Sanchez helped keep the score respectable.

FINAL SCORE: Chainsaw Massaquoi 325.36 JJ’s Palookas 309.74

And last, but not least, the closest score of the week!

With just a 0.54 lead, I Heart Freckles hands RAC ‘n ROLLS his first loss of the season!

Even with LeSean McCoy on a bye and Julius Thomas injured, I Heart Freckles has managed to stack his roster with enough talent to pull out the win. Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, and Tony Romo led the charge for I Heart Freckles.

RAC ‘n ROLLS had a full roster and no negative points but just couldn’t get that half a point more! Aaron Rodgers, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Fred Davis gave their all this week…but still came up short.

Congrats Freckles!

FINAL SCORE: I Heart Freckles 242.72 RAC ‘n ROLLS 242.18

Another great summary for a very competitive league! Thanks Hiway!

Great job Hiway. I feel fortunate Cribbs n Bloods had 6 starters on bye week or else I would have really got my assed kick!! Whew, dodged a bullet on that one.

Nice job again Hiway. I learned I have a 3 game winning streak. Wow, I Heart Freckles won a squeaker.

So I am checking out my scores today and go to the standings so I can check out which teams started guys on byes again this wee (BTW, Waiting for Noodles has started 4 guys on byes the last two weeks). To my shock I see that I am listed at 7-0 instead of 6-1. I remembered seeing a Colt McCoy stat correction above my lineup and it didn't stipulate anything. Apparently, whatever that correction was gave me a few more percentage points that ultimately won last week's game upon correction.

It would be nice if they notified myself and the league of this, especially to confirm that I didn't do anything shady being commissioner. I assure everybody I didn't, it was just as big of a surprise to me but a pleasant one.

I just wanted to say something about this in case anybody noticed that I was still undefeated.

How about that REDHOT JaxDawg taking a Chainsaw to my Chainsaw Massaquoi. OUCH!

Good job by you Jax - that was a well deserved win! Congrats guy!

especially to confirm that I didn't do anything shady being commissioner.
No worries Russ. It is impossible to manipulate scores as commish. Everything goes through yahoo, including if you want to change the waiver wire. Nice win!

Should we wait an extra day or so before doing the recap to try to make sure any stat corrections are done?

Should we wait an extra day or so before doing the recap to try to make sure any stat corrections are done?

No, because I need to know what the scores are before I can do my devious commish changes. You think it is an accident I am undefeated right now?

Thanks Russ (the evil commisioner!) for giving me the win this week and knocking down your biggest competition Flugs (wink, wink). Cleveland - the home of conspiracy theories!

Top Bottom