Matt Scott: Sleeper for the Spread? | Barking Hard

Matt Scott: Sleeper for the Spread?

Watching Tajh Boyd right now. Terrific drive to tie up LSU, throwing and running. He's checking his draft grade with NFL. If he keeps this up, he'll be in that 2nd/3rd round area, too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vkGTV0xxo[/ame]

He looks solid... however Im surprised he doesnt trow better on the run, his accuracy takes a huge hit... he's completing the passes... but making the WR's really work for them. He's actually really good when he has time and steps up

I only watched him play once... and he was really good. That's part of my suckage as a "scout." I'm the draft version of that character on SNL, "Girl You Wish You Hadn't Talked to."

BTW, he's getting fantastic reviews at the Shrine practices. Higher level "arm talent" than expected. Don't be even vaguely surprised if the Eagles take him in two.

This guy is tiny-framed. If you think Colt McCoy is too small for nfl ball, this guy is even smaller and has just as weak an arm. Saw him play twice, and neither time did I come away saying he's the next big thing. maybe if he falls past fifth round.

I think he's taller than McCoy... and faster... and has more arm. I do agree (and I'm betting most scouts do as well) that you'd like him to get a little stronger.

But maybe the dimensions change when you're looking for a zone read or whatever.

Top Bottom