Movies and Shows to Watch | Barking Hard

Movies and Shows to Watch

jaydog

Legend
Awards
So, some of us were listing our favorites shows and movies. I think we need a dedicated thread for that.

I'll start over again and say Ozark, Breaking Bad, and currently Better Call Saul are a few of my top shows. I liked the Ricky Gervais stand up special on Netflix recently and Jack Ryans season 1 on Amazon. They were solid. Not great, but worth a look.

I'll look up The Last Kingdom and give it a shot.

The Batman on HBO is really good!

gotta re-start Better call Saul and Ozark. Two series I started and liked but didn’t finish.

Bill Burr new friends show(not the name) on Netflix was decent. He was awesome, friends on varying levels.

Last kingdom was awesome as was the original Vikings.

I like this topic @jaydog!!

Yah The Last Kingdom for sure. I never made it through Vikings. I'll have to give it another shot think I made it to season 3 or 4.

Agreed with everything listed here. Better Call Saul and Ozark have their slow moments but still excellent.

Servant is one that is also kind of slow but decent. The Flight attendant is good, it's fast paced kind of 24ish. The Boys, Outer Range, and Reacher on Amazon are all good. HALO was good. "From" is not terrible. Peacemaker is really good. The latest iteration of Dexter is also good. The cleaning lady pretty good, although somewhat woke. The righteous gemstones is lol funny at times.

Currently watching the latest season of Alone, which is always good.

Usually not one to bump threads haha, but love off topic discussions in any forums I partake in and just recently finished 'Man in the High Castle'. Fantastic and did great honor to the book it was based on; recommend if never watched it.

Tomorrow gonna start on 'Joe Pickett'.

Foundation (Asimov) on AppleTV+ is gorgeous in DolbyAtmos/DolbyVision, if that's your jam. Just hooked up a basic 5.1 system to a TV in the basement. Fantastic. The latest season of The Witcher ... same.

Usually not one to bump threads haha, but love off topic discussions in any forums I partake in and just recently finished 'Man in the High Castle'. Fantastic and did great honor to the book it was based on; recommend if never watched it.

Tomorrow gonna start on 'Joe Pickett'.
You know, I started that series 'man in the high castle' a few years ago.
It started off really good but I think in S2 it heavily leans on the Japanese guy having flashbacks/visions to the alternative (our) reality.

That seemed to break a lot of suspense for me. Does it get better?

Yah The Last Kingdom for sure. I never made it through Vikings. I'll have to give it another shot think I made it to season 3 or 4.

Agreed with everything listed here. Better Call Saul and Ozark have their slow moments but still excellent.

Servant is one that is also kind of slow but decent. The Flight attendant is good, it's fast paced kind of 24ish. The Boys, Outer Range, and Reacher on Amazon are all good. HALO was good. "From" is not terrible. Peacemaker is really good. The latest iteration of Dexter is also good. The cleaning lady pretty good, although somewhat woke. The righteous gemstones is lol funny at times.

Currently watching the latest season of Alone, which is always good.
Totally agree on Vikings. I watched the first 3 seasons I think. Excellently done.
Paris... what a thing of beauty.

The season where they started with his sons, is where I lost interest.

Chernobyl: a 5(?) episode miniseries about the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
It goes much deeper than just technicalities.
It gives a look into (group) psychology and in politics in general.

Band of Brothers. I cant believe I only recently watched this 10 episode series about a parachute division that participated in various military campaigns, incl D-day vs the Nazis.
Very historically accurate.

Timeless. A fun, but well done series of 2 seasons about 3 people who have to use a time machine to save the world. Every episode is different, but similar.

Vikings. First few seasons are excellent. I think my english accent changed because of that guy.

The Continental on Peakcock. Three movie length episodes.

I'll give it a 10/10 on production level, music, and sound (if you have surround sound). 8/10 overall.

It's kind of Wick (but with more story telling) + 1970s mob + a dose of Tarantino.

Top Bottom