NFL is Woke? | Page 2 | Barking Hard

NFL is Woke?

From what I’ve seen, the nfl has instigated the political side all by itself. I think your beef should be with Roger……..
No beef here, just politely asking that we stay on topic. There is literally a pinned topic above this one stating no politics in football posts.

Have fun being mad at the world, I'm going to enjoy my day!

lol ....wow.

We have two rules.

They perma banned all my twitter accounts, and anybody that uses a twitter account from any of my IPs. (but only after one of our former members reported it) For daring to share scientific info on Ivermectin and HCQ. True fascists.

Now that I've been relocated here due to my request for a political-less football post, can anyone kindly define woke for me?
The dictionary defines it as “originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice”.

The Urban Dictionary, which published its original definition two years prior to the official dictionary, defines it as “being woke means being aware… knowing what’s going on in the community (related to racism and social injustice)”.

But now people seem to just throw it around with what seems like no meaning

But now people seem to just throw it around with what seems like no meaning
Thank you, google only confused me more as the word “woke” is used in many different ways. Especially here.

So this thread technically could be renamed as:

NFL is well informed, up-to-date
NFL is alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice
NFL knows what’s going on in the community

All sounds good to me! Being up-to-date is a good thing, so is adaptability. Otherwise you end up a grumpy old man yelling at clouds. Or, insulting people on forums and social media because they don’t think like you. It’s crazy!

@hammertime I’d bet MLB and NFL didn’t want to change the names of teams but sometimes you have to bend a little to appease the optics. I’m not saying I agree, it’s just the way it goes. Also, not being a fan of those teams makes it easier to rationalize.

Except that's not what the definition of woke is.

Non government bootlicker definition - woke - to have a world view completely and totally reliant on what your governing agencies tell you, to ignore the truth while accepting fiction from those in power, to bootlick and cast aspersions at those who dare to think rationally.

The whole team sucked today and not just the D. Baker looked lost except for a halftime ending drive that ended with a lucky prayer answered. ST's sucked and the D hardly looked like they even knew what the fundamentals of football are. I turned it off after the third quarter it was so bad.

Grass Lawn GIF by The Goat Agency
Since someone mentioned WOKE, did you know that mowing your grass is or soon will be illegal in California? True story. Can’t make this stuff up…….

Top Bottom