Non-Tackle Options at #10 | Page 10 | Barking Hard

Non-Tackle Options at #10

Honest to god, I love a crowd-banned poster repeatedly making the point that off-ball LBs and safeties are more premium than left tackles in 2020.

I mean... MMMMMWWWWAAAA! Pure gold. My wife couldn't know less about football.

She COULD, I mean she could have your lack of football knowledge, which is literally as low as it goes. Totally to the bottom. I think an 8 year old who just started peewee football knows more about the sport than you. Strike that, no thinking about it. You are the most clueless to football poster in Browns forums history. You know it as well as everyone else, hence why you strictly post know nothing Twitter scouts opinions and won't put your neck out with your own opinion, you have been embarassed and owned so many times on multiple boards.

Let's go for some more own age: The Cleveland Expansions on two, going on three separate occassions have had the most expensive and best O-Line in football. Because that's what our string of idiot GM's do, they spend all their prime picks and salary cap on O-Line fatasses. Go ahead and tellme about all those wins Jackass Joe Thomas, Alex Mack and Cam Erving got us?4 to 5 wins. Why? Because there are more important positions to spend your money and premium picks on.

Whwn it comes to Defense, Shemp, a subject you know nothing about, the ILB is the most important guy on the field for the D. He is the QB and on-field DC of the D. He interprets the plays, calls out the positions and gets everyone else into their positions. A Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Luke Kuechly, Junior Seau, Derrick Brooks ect is invaluable. You can dislike that all you want, stomp your feet, throw that god awful toupe' of yours across the room and keep demanding the NFL is Arena Football and Defense doesn't matter. You are wrong and it does matter. Always has. Always will. Elite Defense is the key difference between a playoff team and a Super Bowl Competitor.

Now go get your fucking shinebox.

Cool so Arz is some drafting juggernaut. So I guess that's cool if murray gets his head taken off from a shitty line sounds like a great plan.

My point was pointing to to ARZ simply speaks only to what they felt in regards to talent and value of Simmons and any other choices for them at the spot they picked. It says nothing about how any other team valued Simmons or any other player if they were picking at that spot.

Oh, and ARZ got an OT with their next pick to help keep Murray's head on

From what AB said he had deals ready so to say the Browns wanted only a LT is not quite true. And we heard for several days before the draft that the Browns were considering trading out of that pick.

What we don't know is were they going up or down. Were they going to bump up to 9 to get Simmons had there been a run on LT's or would they trade down several slots for multiple 2nd round picks? Who knows?

One thing for sure is they did not think twice about drafting Wills! It took them all of a minute to turn in that selection. They weren't going to play around with letting a top 10 talent at a position of need go to somebody else.

I am very thankful to be able to talk to Browns fans
from across the globe and I like this place a lot.
Born and raised in Cleveland and have been a life long
fan of the team and it isn’t very welcoming if you notice
when you sign in it might say thirty members are signed
in and over two hundred guests?, all this negative BS you
started with your minions isn’t a good look for our fan base
and if your that upset take a break, we just had a fantastic
draft and signed another dozen or so after plus the f/a
signings were great now it’s pretty much up to the coaches
to sort out what we have and get it humming.
I’m not saying you can’t be pissed off about deals or play on the
field and that,it’s only natural, but to come here everyday to piss
and moan and act like little bitches, STOP IT.

If the site won't re-ban him, just block him so he's Member Banned. Then he yells into the void.

The Browns were 100% taking a tackle with the 10. I can't believe there was a lame attempt to suggest otherwise. Every insider on earth says the Browns did indeed have Wills at the very tip-top of their board. Lane had to "keep his lip zipped," had a source.

The Browns talked to people but never got serious about moving up OR down, according to most. Why? Berry says they believed one of the four tackles would be there. They were surprised that the consensus (not unanimous) #1 was there for them.

Trading up for a LB doesn't make any sense knowing that. At what point would you know that you weren't getting any of the tackles... so you could trade up for the LB? Like, a time machine?

There. Was. Never. A. Non-tackle. Option. At 10. Never.

So if I'm reading this right some want Simmons and Trent Williams and maybe left with 4 picks, mostly late, for the rest of the draft. LOL....

I did a lot of things this weekend but drinking bleach was not one of them.

Honestly, this is over. The Browns may or may not have tried to go get Simmons, but the reality is it didn't happen. Either because the Browns did NOT try...or the price was prohibitive. We will never know the entire truth unless the team blows again and some disgruntled asshat decides to spill beans.

I hope we never know...and are left believing for all eternity that Shep is right and Wills was the target all along.

LONG LIVE THE LEGEND OF SHEP!

Isaiah Simmons, LB

Cold start for the draft darling Isaiah Simmons. The worst first round grade thus far. I'll add some other clunkers...

(I get it, it's early for all of these players)

PICK NO. 8: LB ISAIAH SIMMONS, ARIZONA CARDINALS
2020 overall grade: 28.4
Isaiah Simmons was lit up in Week 1 by the San Francisco 49ers even though he didn’t have a huge role on defense. He played 18 snaps in that game but was still responsible for two touchdowns and multiple big plays.

This week, he saw just seven snaps on defense — four of which came on defense — and managed to avoid becoming a part of somebody else’s highlight reel. Simmons is adjusting to the NFL in a completely new role on defense, and that adjustment will evidently take some time.

PICK NO. 28: LB PATRICK QUEEN, BALTIMORE RAVENS
2020 overall grade: 42.0
Few players are getting themselves involved in as many plays as Ravens rookie linebacker Patrick Queen, but not all of them have been good for the defense. Queen was lucky on a couple of occasions where Deshaun Watson missed open receivers into his coverage. And he allowed 38 yards on four catches despite those misses.

His best facet of play this week came as a pass-rusher, where he had four total pressures, a nullified sack and an 80.9 PFF grade, but he was unblocked on all of those plays, with four coming on pursuits of Watson from the pocket. Queen is playing at 100 miles per hour right now and will likely see his PFF grade jump significantly once he settles down.

PICK NO. 18: OT AUSTIN JACKSON, MIAMI DOLPHINS
2020 overall grade: 47.9
Austin Jackson has now had back-to-back outings where he struggled to contain the opposing pass-rushers coming at him, but this time, his losses actually resulted in pressure on the quarterback. He was beaten for five hurries across 54 pass-blocking snaps in Week 2.

Jackson had three more losses that didn’t get a chance to become pressure and was responsible for three tackles in the run game by losing his block, with one of those tackles resulting in a stuff at the line of scrimmage.

PICK NO. 7: DI DERRICK BROWN, CAROLINA PANTHERS
2020 overall grade: 29.9
Derrick Brown’s debut was ugly, and his second swing at it didn’t go a whole lot better this week against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Though he graded better against the run this week, he offset that improvement with penalties, being flagged twice in the game.

As a pass-rusher, he has registered just one hurry across two games and 50 pass-rushing snaps. Brown was one of the surest things in the draft in terms of universal acclaim, but he has had an inauspicious start to his NFL career against some formidable NFL interior linemen.

PICK NO. 3: CB JEFFREY OKUDAH, DETROIT LIONS
2020 overall grade: 28.6
Put in a blender by Davante Adams for his NFL debut, Okudah received a true “welcome to the NFL” moment at the hands of one of the game’s best route-runners. Okudah surrendered seven catches for 121 yards, 51 of which came after the catch, on 10 targets.

Adams only did some of that damage, with Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Allen Lazard also beating him for catches. While Okudah certainly lapsed with some rookie mistakes, this is as hard as cornerback assignments get. To draw that as your debut task at this level is incredibly harsh. It's a tough lesson, but Okudah’s grade won’t stay this low for long.

Poor clueless Philly welfare trash, still triggering and whining all over the place.

Face still remains: Simmons moves the needle and the win/loss ratio to the team who drafted him. Fatass worthless Wills won't move the needle even an 16th of an inch and will do absolutely nothing to increase the Browns win/loss ratio. It is what it is but hey, keep tugging yourself off over wasting a top 10 pick on a worthless fatass.

man some of these are funny to revisit a number of people jumping off the ledge because the browns didnt get Simmons who has struggled BAD so far.

Top Bottom