Non-Tackle Options at #10 | Page 9 | Barking Hard

Non-Tackle Options at #10

I don't think we'll double dip. I'm thinking the next four picks will be (in some order) S, LB, WR, CB.

I'm not as worried about DL depth after adding Billings and Clayborn but I guess I wouldn't be stunned.

At LB, we'll be adding a pretty highly regarded rookie to BJ, Sione, Mack, and probably Willie Harvey.

hahahahah

Dude, 1 question...

Have you EVER heard a team after drafting a player say:

"Yeah, we really wanted this other guy...but he's gone, so you know, we settled on this kid and we're OK with it."

No...the next time you hear it will be the first time you hear it...and the last time the moron who says it will have the opportunity.

There are only about 5-6 people in the world that knows exactly how the Browns board looked...and they have a vested interest in saying we got our #1 guy.

Honestly, I have trouble believing they didn't rank at the very least Young and Simmons higher than Wills...but I would NOT be surprised if he was our #1 OT.

Actually...,
2007 Browns wanted Quinn and we took Thomas
regardless of how he fell we got Quinn at twenty
one and all of our fandom were so happy we
couldn’t believe our luck then we saw him play...

True...but at no point did the Browns FO say...man, we really wanted some other guy but we got this one instead...that was the point...not fans.

Simmons comfortably fell to 8th

I don't believe for a second they couldn't have traded up if they were not desperate to select him. I don't see Arizona being so locked in they were unwilling to move off the spot. Think he just fell to them so they took the best player on the board.

The fact the Browns were not aggressive tells me they didn't want Simmons - which isn't a shock, it's been said quite loudly the Browns don't covet the LB position as much as some do. Thus the emphasis on OT, the selection of Delpit with some fantastic linebackers on the board, and the trade down in the 3rd with, again, some talented linebackers on the board.

I'm annoyed we didn't get Simmons while he was so close, I think that was probably a better move, but it does highlight the Browns just didn't see the value.

Ok now that the pick is over just remember
how ugly we were last year with all the talent
we had,it was just a massive tire fire!!!
We had G-Rob and Hubbard as starting day
Tackles!
There is zero sizzle in the pick but it will pay
massive dividends for our offense, sit back and
watch this offense burn through the schedule
this year!

Although if we still have a safe zone of six feet
blocking is going to be just weird...

Agree. Like I said, Browns had already acquired players to make them win (Baker, OBJ/Landry, Chubb/Hunt, Hooper/Njoku, Myles, Denzel, and now Delpit).

But this draft and offseason has been a lot about getting the players who won't make us lose. Primarily Conklin and Wills but also all the DL depth and one-year deals that upgraded non-prime positions while young players figured it out.

Feels like we've definitely eliminated safety as a problem. With Redwine, Delpit, Joseph, and Sendejo, we're actually really strong there now. Should be some fun packages, lots of Joseph coming up in the box.

Feels like we've definitely eliminated safety as a problem. With Redwine, Delpit, Joseph, and Sendejo, we're actually really strong there now. Should be some fun packages, lots of Joseph coming up in the box.

This is unfounded hyperbole.... they remain a strong ? mark in my book. There is talent that has not been able to consistently perform and a new scheme to install.

Discipline,coaching and playbook didn’t compute
in the FK scheme,
The current administration seems to have a plan
and are sticking to it and this has been a great
draft and f/a to this point.
I’d like to see us sign another LB but as I said
you can’t fill every hole but this has to be the
best offense we have have fielded since our
return and job one was protecting Baker and
they did a great job in accomplishing that.

So defense will sort itself out on the one year
deals and I’d bet we go defense and more
defense.
I’m kinda looking at this from a KC scenario
where we make the playoffs cause we have
a great offense and then we build the defense
For what should be our date for a SB birth.

I don't believe for a second they couldn't have traded up if they were not desperate to select him. I don't see Arizona being so locked in they were unwilling to move off the spot. Think he just fell to them so they took the best player on the board.

The fact the Browns were not aggressive tells me they didn't want Simmons - which isn't a shock, it's been said quite loudly the Browns don't covet the LB position as much as some do. Thus the emphasis on OT, the selection of Delpit with some fantastic linebackers on the board, and the trade down in the 3rd with, again, some talented linebackers on the board.

I'm annoyed we didn't get Simmons while he was so close, I think that was probably a better move, but it does highlight the Browns just didn't see the value.

Sure. My underlying point remains: No NFL team didn't anything extra to get Simmons. He's fallen all the way to 8 and I struggle to believe a team that saw him as a truly game changing, once in a lifetime player could have found one of the 8 that passed on him to be willing to deal. Yet, he just "fell" to 8 (again, not like going 8th is a slight; kid is clearly well thought of; just maybe not Superman level).

It's the reality that always was. The Browns did not make any attempt to get up and get the safety (Simmons) but got the one who covers better than anybody (Delpit).

They were never drafting anything but LT first. Never ever.

Well smart guy we'll never know if that's true.
Simmonds was gone so it's a moot point.
If Simmonds was there for the taking we would most likely be having a different talk.

And from all your comments you're already clearly WRONG anyway because he went 8 where you posted a trillion times a lb wasn't worth taking.

T.Williams already had a deal with the niners.
Didn’t seem to matter where Simmons fell we
got the best tackle in the draft and nothing
but all four tackles being gone would have changed
The Browns mind.
Wills and Delpit wayyy better than Simmons, hell Delpit vs Simmons
I’d still take Delpit and with Wills shiiiiiitttt,Slam Dunk!

Poor Nancies still whining,grab a tissue!

Poor clueless Philly welfare trash, still triggering and whining all over the place.

Face still remains: Simmons moves the needle and the win/loss ratio to the team who drafted him. Fatass worthless Wills won't move the needle even an 16th of an inch and will do absolutely nothing to increase the Browns win/loss ratio. It is what it is but hey, keep tugging yourself off over wasting a top 10 pick on a worthless fatass.

Poor clueless Philly welfare trash, still triggering and whining all over the place.

Face still remains: Simmons moves the needle and the win/loss ratio to the team who drafted him. Fatass worthless Wills won't move the needle even an 16th of an inch and will do absolutely nothing to increase the Browns win/loss ratio. It is what it is but hey, keep tugging yourself off over wasting a top 10 pick on a worthless fatass.

Lol I'd like to see this player win loss equation you cooked up in your moms basement. Protecting your qb, sacking the qb and drafting a difference maker QB are the 3 top things that effect WL. Somehow thinking a LB/ safety is going to effect anything that much is just foolish.

Honest to god, I love a crowd-banned poster repeatedly making the point that off-ball LBs and safeties are more premium than left tackles in 2020.

I mean... MMMMMWWWWAAAA! Pure gold. My wife couldn't know less about football.

Top Bottom