Obj 2020 | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Obj 2020

Yeah, having practice time together is maybe a good idea. Who would have thought eh?
Maybe obj should start to understand he is in cleveland, where winning is important and not in NY where stats are important.
Hope this new coach realizes this.

From the article I found, it made very clear that OBJ that in
The past three years he hasn’t been healthy for an entire
season his play has dropped, he’s a head case and feels
entitled.
He didn’t want to come here and we really didn’t need him.
Higgins,Calloway,Landry and Perriman worked great in 18.

Landry is our clear cut number one, I have zero clue why Higgins
rode the pine but those days should be over.
If we could get a late first and third and possibly a fourth I wouldn’t
think twice.
We will get value now because the six and ten Browns misused his
talents as some would say- and someone like Chucky would give us a great deal of picks
to make a splash in Vegas.
This squad is mostly young and we need to think long term.

OBJ is a distraction we don’t need and overall his value is not
going to get better but if he shits the bed in 20,we won’t get
ANY value from him and he like Vernon are both under contract
with a combined 30 mill against the cap which could be better
used especially since “The Core” are in need of new contracts
plus there are much better options than a whining WR who runs his own
routes and pretty much does his own thing.
let him do it for someone else,we need more picks this draft.

I wouldn't move Odell for anything short of a trade larger than what we paid. Simple as that.

I don't understand why people are so mad at him. Like 1,000 yard receivers are so common around here that he's just not worth our time. He was injured the entire season, it noticeably slowed him down, and he was still as productive as we've had anyone in years minus, what, Josh Gordon? I think that's it. That's the list. Landry and Gordon.

Odell healthy, with Mayfield, in a system better suited to their abilities, isn't something we should reject simply because we're pissed about last season. If Cousins and Diggs can go fucking mental, Mayfield and Odell could put something special together. Especially if we fix the fucking OL.

Jets don't even have players that are that interesting as trade bait.

Jets can start with 11, 48 and 76 for Beckham. Anything else is end call.

I wouldn't move Odell for anything short of a trade larger than what we paid. Simple as that.

I don't understand why people are so mad at him. Like 1,000 yard receivers are so common around here that he's just not worth our time. He was injured the entire season, it noticeably slowed him down, and he was still as productive as we've had anyone in years minus, what, Josh Gordon? I think that's it. That's the list. Landry and Gordon.

Odell healthy, with Mayfield, in a system better suited to their abilities, isn't something we should reject simply because we're pissed about last season. If Cousins and Diggs can go fucking mental, Mayfield and Odell could put something special together. Especially if we fix the fucking OL.

Jets don't even have players that are that interesting as trade bait.

Jets can start with 11, 48 and 76 for Beckham. Anything else is end call.

I was reaching for the like button until I read that last sentence. I want to sign our own, fix the OL and start winning. If Berry gets cute, he can go to hell as far as I am concerned.

To understand those of us perceived as "mad" at OBJ: He just has to be worth the squeeze and he was not last season for several different reasons including his fashionably late appearance.

He's not the QB, he's a target. He was not necessary to anybody's success last season including all the playoff teams. SF's approach to accumulating targets was definitely more "analytical," based on history and what a mega-pricey star WR can really do to improve your team.

But that ship has sailed and he's a Brown. He is indeed a super talent. But if he doesn't cause more success than he did last season, we can get that way, way cheaper and spread the ball around.

I’m not hating on OBJ at all,
I think he still has some pro bowl level
play left in the tank but at what cost?

My opinion on moving him is based on
nothing more than value vs need and
a centered approach to team play rather
than his selfish just get me the ball mentality
and his inability to catch the ball when thrown
his way,I believe he dropped more passes
than any other receiver in19.
There are many WR’s in the draft we can get
who won’t be so self centered and ridiculous.

I want a hungry group of players who have each
others back and are selfless on the field and
motivators like Landry.

The reality is he's almost certainly a Brown this year, surgery makes moving him for value borderline impossible unless somebody just has an enormous crush.

So I'm very into him showing up for OTAs. He's expected to be 100% and for me there's no real excuse after what happened last year.

Shep,
I get the point and respect it.
If he shits the bed this year he’s done-zero value.
Should he light it up this year I can see next off season
we could get value from him,I’m just of the frame of mind
that he hurts more than helps but if he shows up for OTA’s
that’s a good start, time will tell.

Goddamnit, he's snarky but that was a solid piece. This paragraph is what I've been talking about, kind of the cold, hard reality of OBJ's season:

"Monson goes on to say that Beckham’s drop rate was among the 10 worst through week 14 last year at a rate of 9.5 percent. This isn’t even factoring in ‘receiver errors’, which are mistakes the receivers make that cause a pass to go incomplete. This is usually due to some mistake on route running. According to Pro Football Focus, only Michael Gallup of the Dallas Cowboys cost his quarterback more completions than Beckham."

Dropped a lot, ran a lot of bad routes. Anyone who insists Baker's rough 2019 is "all on him," I'm gonna need a filter that automatically changes it to "STUPID SHIT I CAN'T POSSIBLY BELIEVE."

And this is the guy Baker was repeatedly told to force it to.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That ends that OBJ 2020 is a go <a href="https://t.co/Azo7yYWcty">https://t.co/Azo7yYWcty</a></p>— ChadP71 @BrownsAccess (@chadp71) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadp71/status/1234915413856804866?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know we've all said this, but there's no way the Browns will move OBJ coming off a bad season and surgery, makes no sense. He'll the WR1 in 2020. That's what we know.

You do realize he’s on the books for
17.5 mill this year, don’t you?
Can’t pay Schobert but we’re going to give
this fucknut all that money?
He isn’t worth five.

Top Bottom