Obj 2020 | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Obj 2020

Fair point
K’Lavon Chaisson’s only decent sack year was 2019 and the total was 6.5
But he affects a lot of plays
Actually gets to and hits the QB quite a lot

Cover ability IS EXTREMELY INTERESTING.

His motor is great- he’s making impact virtually every play and is certainly someone defenses will need to scheme for. I’ve watch 10 minute interviews now and the dude has the mental makeup to definitely make it big in NFL.

I believe beside LT, CLE biggest need to fill NOW is RUSHING opposite Myles Garrett. Could well be that Vernon is back to the ole OLIVI-Yay in essentially a one year PROVE IT situation before Free Agency at age 30.

My dream is tempering that throwing 1yr $6-8m at Bennett or Suggs (Everson Griffin wont be a great deal at $10+ mulit-years, I’m afraid. He was shit rushing the passer in 2018, showed decline before a just OK 2019 he needed to show for a new contract. Dudes 32 and no longer anything great. Barely good & that’s not guaranteed age 33-35 which is this next contract he’s seeking $10m+\yr on.)

So my dream is Michael Bennett or Suggs on a one yr deal. We have the $$. By Far. And a special surprise for the SAM- a guy with some length/quickness who gets to the QB- even if I gotta settle for Clay Matthews. But I’d like Chaisson and I see a HUGE POTENTIAL there in the player becoming a stud.

Watch game tape on Chaisson if you havent, QCT. He takes no plays off.
Believe me, I was very skeptical too before I watched 3 full LSU games. I know the propensity of his body type to bust. But Chaisson is tough, sacrifices his body and has a tough mindset required.

Also see his Combine podium interviews.

I’ll point out too
That playing next to Suggs or Bennett- particularly Michael Bennett...
I see Sheldon Richardson having production similar to his great years with the Jets. I bet playing next to Michael Bennett will REALLY bring out that young DAWG in Sheldon. He’d be SO MOTIVATED. Rejuvenated. So that’s a big reason I would jump all over a wily old vet like Bennett or Suggs RIGHT NOW on a one yr deal for $$ that draws them

Because it possibly opens our SuperBowl window in 2020, if the DLine plays just Nasty.

Imagine a legit pass Rusher from the 3rd LB spot still open!!! I really hope a surprise is coming there.
CHAISSON would be Sweet
and I’d welcome him at 10.

I’m thinking chances are VERY FAIR
that CLE is looking at the leftover #4 LT on the board at 10. NYG, MIA/CAR/JAC, and ARZ i bet are taking LT ahead of #10.

I’m betting Chaisson is more JPP and Javon Kearse impact that a doozy like Barky Mingo or Malik Calhoun who just dont have it in em. Early he may compare to Leonard Floyd with better cover ability and downfield pursuit.

There’s film on CHAISSON
on a RB’s hip 30 yards down the sideline and he so nearly picks off the wheel route pass that QB tried to drop in over CHAISSON.

They’d thought they got a mismatch- 6-4, 4.6 K’Lavon Chaisson on a speedy RB 30 yards down the sideline!

NOPE.

DL
Cleveland Browns

DOB (Age): 10/7/1990 (29)
HT/WT: 6' 2" / 262 lbs.
College: Miami (FL)
Drafted: 2012 / Rd. 3 (72) / MIA
2019 Stats
SOLO AST SACK TFL FF-FR INT
20 6 3.5 4 1-0 0

Getting a little tired of hearing we need to keep
Vernon at 15.5 per.
are we saying we can’t get better than him at 15.5 million?
Fuck him,call me when we get a real edge!

If Vernon could be at or near 100% and play 14 or 15 games? Maybe. But he's missed 4, 5, and 6 games the past three seasons, trending the wrong direction. His ankle problems have become knee problems...

And the contract is get-out-able. I get the sense he'll stay only if we can't find a better ROI.

I’m betting Chaisson is more JPP and Javon Kearse impact that a doozy like Barky Mingo or Malik Calhoun who just dont have it in em. Early he may compare to Leonard Floyd with better cover ability and downfield pursuit.

There’s film on CHAISSON
on a RB’s hip 30 yards down the sideline and he so nearly picks off the wheel route pass that QB tried to drop in over CHAISSON.

They’d thought they got a mismatch- 6-4, 4.6 K’Lavon Chaisson on a speedy RB 30 yards down the sideline!

NOPE.

The biggest knock on Chaisson is his lack of ability to rush the passer. Rushing the passer was both JPP and Kearse's strength. Chaisson's strenth is stopping the run. Completely different player coming out of college.

That having been said, that doesn't mean he can't improve as he is good clay. The one problem that needs to be addressed is his 250 lbs frame. Kearse played at 265ish and JPP at 275. Chaisson will have to bulk up in the NFL if he is going to be a great edge guy.

Again, he is great clay, but a project as a pass rusher. I think he would be a great addition if we got him late 1st early 2nd. But in our position, if I'm taking a DE, I want one with instant impact rushing the passer.

I don't think dumping Vernon is anything more than fan frustration.

If the guy plays a full season he'll do a good job. As far as his salary it's does not even impact us right now.

Cutting a very good player that does not impact your salary because he got hurt and missed games is an impulsive reaction to a bad season. Keep the guy around and if he sucks in camp we have the ability to cut or trade him then.

Chaisson doesnt use his hands too well. Has a spin move and speed rush and hand punch the inside shoulder and cut inside the Tackle but thats all his rush moves are at this point. He causes problems tho. EVERY GAME.
Main rush is speed and he bends well and explodes around the corner.

Andrew Thomas handled him pretty good but Chaisson still affected some plays on QB Jake Fromm. Had 2 hits on him vs. Andrew Thomas and very nearly knocked the ball outta Fromms cocked hand for a fumble. Was ruled a forward pass. Didnt do anything in pass rush Vs Wills and said in Combine interview that he looks forward to competing against Wills at the next level. Chaisson was affective again Leatherwood, the opposite Tide Tackle.

Auburns Derrick Brown was swallowed up by Alabama, BTW... it was embarassing. Brown couldnt do shit- Nothing.

Chaisson’s comps to JPP and Javon Kearse were about potential impact level.... I dont expect Chaisson to play a ton of DE thru his rookie contract—- I prefer he stay less than 270 and keeps his speed. His cover ability seems legit which is soooo exciting.

I guess Jon Bones Jones brother drafted by Belichick and since playing on ARI is a more appropriate comp then. But I’d say THAT level of impact is a best case scenario.

As far as keeping Vernon around at $15M on the final yr of his deal.... I’d be in the HELL NO camp too

If money mattered. CLE is so far under the Cap for 2020 that keeping Vernon doesnt matter financially in 2020. Its not likely to factor in as prohibitive IN ANY WAY for CLE.

I think you just keep him as he needs to BALL in 2020 if he hopes for good money after 2020. He has a lot to PROVE in 2020. If his $15m mattered- yeah cut his ass. But it just doesnt matter and almost certainly wont for CLE in 2020.

So I say keep Vernon and I’d love to see us supplement him with Michael Bennett or Terrell Suggs on a one year deal.
That would be perfect.

QCT- who would you love to see for CLE’s 3rd LB??? Chaisson’s cool for me.

And the WYOMING LB.... Logan Wilson or something like that... Logan Something...
He’s a player I TOTALLY TARGET with one of our late 3rds. Dude is a total baller I think will start in NFL at a high level for 6-8 yrs min.

Chez Watkins is worth a late flyer at WR. HE Flies, catches and is a tough lil dude.
I can see Van Jefferson or Peoples being a decent 3rd WR. I like Chase Claypool of course. But if we dont take Ruggs- I would love that Watkins dude. Ruggs, Watkins, and Reagor were this yrs fastest WR. Oh and Hamler from Penn State.

I’d prefer flyer on Watkins in 5th/6th.
Looks decent in routes too. Made a lot of plays at small D1 level. Burner. Tough. Soft Hands.
Might be good ST Gunner.

I’m not really concerned about Vernons contract
because your right, it’s not my money however
that money could be better spent on a healthy
edge. If Vernon can stay healthy for an entire season
I’d be the first to say keep him, but he has proven
to be...fragile?
Yeah I’d take Clowney at seventeen and change for this season.

When did we say Clowney is a healthy player? If anything - we would have been better off with two higher upside midrange DE pieces for rotation. They still need another body at DE currently and cutting Vernon won't help that.

Okay then keep Vernon and bring Clowney in.
Garrett goes a hat rippin Vernon or Clowney get a little banged up well have mostly 2 of them available e every game and when there's no helmet gate or injury we'll have a helluva rotation

For next year's 2nd and 5th... seems pretty bad to me.

I completely glossed over that point and was on my way back to this thread to go nuclear.

A podcaster replied he has an interview coming out soon with Schefter (Seems legit, verified and recently had Rap on) that was recorded yesterday - Schefter says the Browns "aren't trading Odell."

I feel better about that. If they trade Odell for a 2nd and 5th, that's horrendous. A future 2nd and 5th might literally have to be nullified by the NFL as some kind of insider trading bullshit - and Stefanski would have to be arrested, shot or both. At least tasered. In the nuts. Twice.

[FONT=&quot]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The OBJ rumor looks like it turned out to be just some guy making up shit for clout. Would have made for a more interesting season certainly. But clearly not even a real thing. Bisi Johnson and Chad Beebee it is I guess behind Thielen.</p>— Joey Franchise (@happyjoelucky) <a href="https://twitter.com/happyjoelucky/status/1250472722188075016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/FONT]

Top Bottom