Observations | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Observations

MG is a stud! i think we are going to see him be the dominant player he can be this year. he was off to a good start last year until he ripped the guys head off. i was happy to see he got some nasty in him instead of the Mr nice guy he's been portrayed to be

The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft in a trade with the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday, the Eagles announced. The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, a third- and fourth-round selection in this draft, next year's first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2018

It's kinda painful to look back and realize how much of Joe Thomas' career was squandered during Hue Jackson's time in Cleveland. By the time Joe retired he couldn't have been much further away from getting a Superbowl ring.

The entire Joe Thomas career was spoiled by playing in a bad team. But seeing this in retrospective, it adds up to the man. If I ever have to choose a player to portrait my love for this team, it would be him.

Not sure why you are picking on poor old Hugh Jackson. True we didn’t win much while he was here, but he didn’t have much to work with. Seems to me that if you wanted to dis a past head coach, Mike Pettine would be a much more likely candidate.

I mean, Pettine actually had some talent left over from the Holmgren/Heckert era. In December 2013, shortly before Pettine was hired, six Browns players were selected to the 2014 Pro Bowl including Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Alex Mack, and TJ Ward. In addition to those six players, the team had players like Jamal Sheard, Buster Skrine, Billy Winn, Travis Benjamin, Christian Kirksey, and Mitchel Schwartz.

Also, while the additions by Banner/Lombardi quickly became the over the hill gang that Sashi was abundantly justified in discarding, some of the players that Banner brought in like Brian Hoyer, Davone Bess, Dwayne Bowe, Paul Kruger, Desmond Bryant, Tramon Williams, Karlos Dansby and Donte Whitner had talent. Clearly, there was some talent on the team when Pettine was here.

But it was precisely during that period that dysfunction set in. And with all that talent, he only won 3 games. Contrast that with the depleted roster that poor Hugh was saddled with. And so now you want to act like poor Hugh should have won with the likes of DeShone Kizer, Isaiah Crowell, Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman. (Oh, I forgot, Coleman was replaced mid-year with Ricardo Louis as I recall. That was at least somewhat of an improvement, I suppose.)

Understand, of course, that I agree that Stefanski is more organized and a much better head coach than Hugh will ever be, but picking on poor Hugh seems misplaced when Pettine is available.

I mean, even Kevin might have had trouble winning with Kizer, Crowell, Britt and Louis.

True we didn’t win much while he was here, but he didn’t have much to work with.
Hue Jackson was the worst coach in the history of the NFL and he earned that title. Get it through that insanely thick skull of yours.

Thick GIF by memecandy

Hue Jackson was the worst coach in the history of the NFL and he earned that title. Get it through that insanely thick skull of yours.
Who cares? My understanding is that there was dysfunction before Banner, Lombardi and Pettine, but that was when it reached its zenith. In my opinion, Farmer, Sashi and poor Hugh were mere placeholders until Dorsey arrived. Unfortunately, Dorsey had his own form of dysfunction that involved keeping an incompetent Kitchens as our head coach. The two best decisions Mr. Haslam ever made were when he hired Dorsey and when he fired Dorsey.

In my earlier post, I decided to have some fun poking the bear. But who really cares now that the dysfunction is gone? I am not going to continue to argue about it except in jest. But, yes, I probably will poke the bear again when I get bored. It is just something I do. Cheers.

Top Bottom