Browns - OTA's - May 2022 | Barking Hard

Browns OTA's - May 2022

Zegura/CBD says

1) The offensive skill guys are making it look so easy, mentioning Watson, Chubb, Hunt, Bell, Coop, and DPJ.
2) The secondary "is very long and very fast"
3) On Clowney "The team loves him. He has a magnetism".
4) The passing to the middle of the field "is back", with Watson.
5) Clowney is already mentoring Perion Winfrey.
6) "Everything Watson does looks effortless"
7) The group (team) has rallied around Watson.
8) Kareem looks great
9) Ford was an eye-test winner, over Felton at this very early point in time.
10) Lots of RPO
11) Bell is faster in pads, than his numbers in shorts. Hits another gear once the ball is in the air. Had the same measurables as Renfrow and Cupp, ftr.
12) If Schwartz looks the part, the WR room is likely done, barring injury. If Schwartz doesn't progress, then look for a vet WR to be brought in.
13) Teller and Jed look like they've taken a physical jump

These last few days would have helped York tremendously as it's been windy. I know they had him practice at the stadium and I agree. There is no sense having him kick in Berea right now, when he can get acclimated to the stadium. Every chance he can get. They've declared him our Kicker. Let him practice at the stadium at least on foul weather/windy days and figure things out. Make him comfortable down on the lake, by God.

Westin may be a stud.

But Watson ...everything we ever wanted in a franchise QB. Does everything I always wished Baker could do. Touch on the ball, arc, can see the entire field. Leads the receivers. Is a leader of men as well.

Superbowl incoming.

Baker has plenty of touch when not mired by injuries... I know... That part of his game went right by you.. But that ship has sailed... Let's see how this bozo fares...

Baker is not a for shit QB.

I've seen him be accurate as well as miss high. I've seen him make throws on the run and from the pocket. Not as often in the pocket, but he has done it. The things that hold him back are his work ethic. I've heard recent rumblings about how he's not a workout warrior by any means. And his temperament that annoys some guys.

He still has a decent NFL game.

I think Baker's tier of somewhere between good-Goff and good-Cousins. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just not going to get us "there" in the current AFC. Just too many elite "in-their-prime" QB's. We need a QB who elevate at the end of the half and end of the game, and can occasionally carry a bad defensive day.

I still think Baker can win a SB, but I'm not so sure he's the QB who can bring a team back from behind. Everything would have to play out just right. Like the playoff win in pit. He can make plays and throws, but he rubs people the wrong way apparently.

Just a guess by me.

Final OTA notes:

• Players are healthy so far
  • Cade York - 6 of 7 on FG's in camp, and his last FG was 60+ yards and said to be "good from 65" to close OTA's. They are loving this kid. No squeakers, just right down the middle. He may be the best, yet most criticized, pick in the draft class.
  • DPJ and Schwartz are on the O'Shea favorites list. Better releases on routes, and healthy.
  • Kiffin says Jordan Elliott has added muscle weight and has worked his way in to 1st team reps
  • JJ3 is standing out. Looks more comfortable and free than last year.
  • Defense is in a good vibe place. Big celebrations on every successful play (like INT's etc). They're gelling.

Excellent news particularly about Elliott. If he can just stabilize the DT position with Taven Bryan and Sheldon Day that would be a huge bonus for the D.

Same for DPJ and Schwartz. We're going to need the young WR's and DT's to step up in a big way early and often while Watson is sitting.

Top Bottom