Our Fantasy Football Drafts Coming in the Week Ahead | Barking Hard

Our Fantasy Football Drafts Coming in the Week Ahead

Flugel

Awards
Those of you that have signed up to participate in either of the 2 leagues we organized on this board are set to draft THIS coming week.
Flugel's League titled Woof Pack II is set to draft Wednesday, August 24th at 7:45pm ET
Riffer's League titled Kevin Mack is set to draft Thursday, August 25th at 9:00pm ET

PLEASE make sure you when you visit the league homepage, you scroll down each of the bulleted items underneathe where it says League Notes. On the very last one, it reads: "Managers make sure to check your league settings before you draft." I bolded league settings because on the homepage - that is actually a hyperlink in blue that will take you right to the scoring and settings of the league. It should answer most questions people have. If further questions remain, you can PM me or Riffer about the league you signed up for. That said, please make sure you read the league settings first.

It's always helpful to get to the online draft about 15-20 minutes early so you can acquaint yourselves with any new draft setups Yahoo has. It also unveils the draft order Yahoo assigned so you can project who might be at your doorstep in round 1. 3 years ago, your buddy Flugel thought he was drafting Tom Brady 1st overall and this knucklehead didn't realize he had Ronnie's Browns highlighted way down the list. And guess what? I didn't get to draft again until the last pick of round 2. Moral of the story, get there early enough to be organized because that was a year Yahoo changed quite a bit. I always learn the hard way so as a Commish wanting you to have fun - I do NOT want any of you to go through the same thing.

It's also a good idea to start ranking your players so you are ready for your draft. This is a FUN part of the whole thing so try to enjoy it. And keep this in mind, there's competitive spirits like Vegas and Ramrod that want to rip off heads and shit down necks of upcoming opponents. I think I even recalled JaxDawg or Hiwaygal delivering a "Give your soul to God because your ass belongs to me" warning or 2. If not, that came from DaBrownies to his rival Ramrod. Regardless, it was entertaining as Hell! There's a lot of sharp participants returning that made our leagues competitive with playoff qualification races right down to the last week.

The drafts last year finished at warped speed. PLEASE don't show up in such a hurry that you become that person that rides anyone who takes some time to make a decision. In the same token, don't START your research at the draft. Anyway, let's have some fun and get this kicked off the right way this coming week.

As you were...

Last edited:
Thanks Tom!

One other thing, could you try to post the managers BH handle on here for their respective team names? It'd be cool to make the association as the season rolls along.

(i.e. Koa = Iron Haden)

Thanks Tom!

One other thing, could you try to post the managers BH handle on here for their respective team names? It'd be cool to make the association as the season rolls along.

(i.e. Koa = Iron Haden)

Absolutely, great idea Koa!

Woof Pack II:
Ramrods (Ramrod)
WhachuTlknBoutHillis (DaBrowns41)
WOOF WOOF WOOF (Enigmatic Evil)
Taint Me (Hammertime)
Team DangeRuss (Riffer X)
Da Comets (Solon)
Iron Haden (Koa)
WarrenDawg (nmills)
BrownOut (TheBestPlayersPlay)
BIG Dawgs (Hiwaygal)
TheNoblePhilSavages (Alo)
Drink Beer (Flugel)

My draft strategy:

1: Have I ever heard of this player?

2: Does he have a cool name that I can pronounce?

3: Does he play for any team in our division (if he does he's automatically OUT).

4: Is he cute?

You like my boots EE??

You're going to be seeing them from the bottom up.

When we walk all over you.

'nuff said

:eek:

EE - it's okay you sniped Peyton Hillis from me.

I'll be nice to you.

You're a nice person and I don't want you to get mad at me. (feel like changing your line up some???? Please????)

:sorry:

yeah, I'm screwed...

Top Bottom