Pick 10 is in, Jedrick Wills Jr, OT, BAMA | Page 8 | Barking Hard

Pick 10 is in, Jedrick Wills Jr, OT, BAMA

I don't believe Rag or his two minions don't know that, PGL.

QB. LT. EDGE. CB1. And next is WR1, based on WAR. LBs and RBs are short-term players, not on that list. Same with guards. That's reality, 2020.

You can't say that's not the reality. It is. You can choose to not like it, but it's the NFL 2020.

You have zero fucking clue what the current reality is in the NFL. You admitted you don't even know what Linebackers DO. Maybe you should seriously shut the fuck up about subjects you know nothing about.

The contracts...

Baker through 2022
Chubb through 2021
OBJ through 2023
Jarvis through 2022
Njoku through 2021
Hooper through 2023
Wills through 2024
Bitonio through 2022
Tretter through 2022
Teller/Forbes through 2021/2022
Conklin through 2023

... so, all players will be here for 2 years, and most through 3. That has oodles of potential, assuming Stefanski has the goods. Like Freddie, the pressure is on him.

This alone is the best Browns news I've heard in ,I don't know, a dozen years.

Why did we draft this clown again? He must really suck............

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">929 pass-blocking snaps. 1 sack allowed by <a href="https://twitter.com/JWills73?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JWills73</a>.<br><br>The 15 numbers that matter with our 2020 draft class » <a href="https://t.co/mT7yQm0ePj">https://t.co/mT7yQm0ePj</a> <a href="https://t.co/RpE6Tzo9yE">pic.twitter.com/RpE6Tzo9yE</a></p>— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) <a href="https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1255896443702796292?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Last edited:
Kinda makes a point...

It will be brutal for him going from having superior talent to most teams, to having a weak roster by NFL standards.

I find it interesting they did move on from Dalton. Having a savvy veteran who could help the rookie learn, and keep the rookie on the sidelines if needed, is not a bad decision.

Burrow is also stepping in to a brutal AFC North. All three teams he'll face twice play pretty strong defensive football.

I find a lot of people talking about how much better the Bengals will be, but I won't be shocked if Burrow really struggles out the gate. He's not Mitchell Trubisky levels of raw, but he still only played two seasons in college - and it is interesting how productive he was in his final year compared to the other seasons: is he so good that he just damn near tripled his production in his second year, or was he just in a brilliant situation?

I like Burrow. Kid is undoubtedly talented and fun to watch. But I don't think he's in a great situation going to Cinci.

Bengals O-line vs Browns O-line
Bengals TE’s vs Browns TE’s
Bengals RB’s vs Browns RB’s

I’m feeling pretty good about Andrew Berry’s unit.

The only comparable area is WR’s. I do like their group.

I relentlessly slagged Dalton because I believe you either have a top 12 QB, you have a guy you BELIEVE can become a top 12 QB... or you should be looking for that guy. Dalton (like Trubisky) is a 50th percentile QB, the 16.5th best.

It's a really vexing situation to be in, having a pretty good QB. You become organizational Sisyphus, never quite getting over the top because in a post Ty Law Rules world, the best teams are the teams with the best QBs.

BUT... in this context? As a high-end backup and spot starter, a Chase Daniel or Matt Moore? He could have the best job in the world over the next 7 or 8 years, make another 60m for being a great teammate and mentor who can win a game or two for you.

Dallas did a really smart thing.

The last two times the Ravens had a huge hole at LT, they immediately used a 1st rounder, including #6 overall, to draft someone.

I am going to channel my inner Jebidiah Nightlinger (Roscoe Lee Browne's character in The Cowboys - John Wayne flick).

"Bless me, Father, for all the sins I have committed in the past.......and those I am about to."

I despise with a burning passion Ravens and all things Ravens. But if you honestly look look at why they have been successful since becoming the Ravens and we have sucked since......

They have had extremely strong leadership in evaluating and picking players, and - even thought some have been arrogant tools - they have had excellent coaches.

Gheez - I need a steam bath. And my penance is 24 Our Fathers (one for every year of their low life, scumbag existence.....)

Last edited:
I am going to channel my inner Jebidiah Nightlinger (Roscoe Lee Browne's character in The Cowboys - John Wayne flick).

"Bless me, Father, for all the sins I have committed in the past.......and those I am about to."

I despise with a burning passion Ravens and all things Ravens. But if you honestly look look at why they have been successful since becoming the Ravens and we have sucked since......

They have had extremely strong leadership in evaluating and picking players, and - even thought some have been arrogant tools - they have had excellent coaches.

Gheez - I need a steam bath. And my penance is 24 Our Fathers (one for every year of their low life, scumbag existence.....)

Absolutely, but they also understand positional hierarchy and when to address the holes on their team.

It's not surprise that when the LT hole has opened, the Ravens immediately addressed it with their 1st pick in the Draft.

The reason the Ravens can draft so well is that they draft their key players, they pan out and stick with them (coach them up) and then they can address the draft needs a year before they come up. Like taking JK Dobbins when Mark Ingram is maybe a year or so away from entering the NFL RB Twilight Zone.

Yeah, they're a great organization, no doubt. We're finally getting to that point, where we're drafting a lot of positions for next year or the next instead of right now, this minute.

The Baltimore Colts just disappeared and went to Indiana.
For the fans in Baltimore I really felt bad how that went down.

Then it happened to us, long drawn out affair and we were
sold out by Modell but the fact of the matter was Cleveland
wasn’t going to build him a stadium and Baltimore did.

First energy was built on beer and cigarettes.
Seems like the team was as well in the early years....
Hating the ravens is sour grapes because “that should have been us”
Great organization as others have said many times I too
wish it took place in Cleveland but here we are.
We’ll get it right.... someday!

The reason the Ravens can draft so well is that they draft their key players, they pan out and stick with them (coach them up) and then they can address the draft needs a year before they come up. Like taking JK Dobbins when Mark Ingram is maybe a year or so away from entering the NFL RB Twilight Zone.

Agreed. That's the formula. Get to a point in which your drafting can largely be used to address needs a year or two before they become needs, and you're sitting so pretty behind a stream of consistent development and practical, intended overturn.

I really feel like our drafting, from this point out, can be that. We're already seeing it. Nick Harris developing behind the highly-paid Tretter. Jordan Elliot developing behind Ogunjobi and Richardson. Harrison Bryant developing behind Njoku and Hooper. Peoples-Jones developing behind Odell and Landry.

Smart, logical, upside guys with a legitimate opportunity to position themselves as the next man up as some of the more expensive players ahead of them approach free agency or the later stages of their Browns career.

It's nice to see the replication of moves we see from teams like Baltimore and New England.

That kind of drafting is contingent on continuity. If you are always reinventing the wheel, you always have to start from ground zero. When you have the same system, mostly the same coaches, and keep your players...you can fill in gaps BEFORE they become gaps.

Yeah, so many guys drafted lately with an eye to a year or two away: Sione and Mack, Redwine, Peoples-Jones, Elliott, Forbes, Harris, Bryant...

None were asked to be immediate fixes. Love it.

Every once in a while I remember that we needed to improve the OL and stock up for a TE heavy offense... and we added Jack Conklin, Jed Wills, Austin Hooper, and Harrison Bryant in one offseason.

Almost seems like the coach and GM are working closely. What a concept.

Top Bottom