Pick 169 ... Richard LeCounte III, S, UGA | Barking Hard

Pick 169 ... Richard LeCounte III, S, UGA

he's short and not blazing quick but thats ok,I want him to play SS in the same style as winfield jnr
that would give us
SS-JOK/harrison/lecounte
FS-JJ3/delpit/redwine

finally after 2 years of struggling we have our safeties

Last edited:
That's the type of hit I'd like to see on Jackson, Mahomes or Josh Allen when they scramble out of the pocket.

That said he really should rap up and not lead with his helmet. (It was close)

Also I think Redwine is about to be cut.

Friend of a friend type of info ...

"I told you guys before the draft I wanted LaCounte. My buddy knows his trainers. He hadn't recovered fully from his accident. Kid is not a 4.8 forty guy. He is a 4.4 guy. He is nasty and a dawg and has an edge to him. He's an alpha that wants to murder people. I love that pick so much."

He's another "green dot" AB has added to the room this off season. Read somewhere, he's the fourth new green-dot, in addition to Anthony Walker, JJ3, and (maybe?) JOK.

Last edited:
he's short and not blazing quick but thats ok,I want him to play SS in the same style as winfield jnr
that would give us
SS-JOK/harrison/lecounte
FS-JJ3/delpit/redwine

finally after 2 years of struggling we have our safeties

JOK will be classified as a LB. So you can remove him from that list.

Harrison is a 4.4 guy when healthy. I would consider that 'quick'. He was an absolute stud at UGA and has stud potential in the NFL.

JOK will be classified as a LB. So you can remove him from that list.
we are going to run the woods 4-3 with JOK at the strong side OLB spot.so really its 3 safeties in cover 2 with 2 deep.(delpit/JJ3)
BUT If JOK needs to play LB (against the run) he can. you wont have jackson out there in the open field trying to tackle
I dont class him as a LB because he isnt taking anyones LB spot.the 2 spots are still there to be had.
he fits this system like a glove,hes that joker we needed the last 2 years.no more nickel CB trying to play OLB.
so is he a safety or a LB goddamnit!? the answer is..yes.
and bye the bye I do think lecounte will be playing SS or swing but he wont play pure FS in the NFL

I said similar in an earlier post.

Do not get caught up in a guys listed position. It is all about guys who can do multiple tasks from multiple areas of the field and literally camouflaging what each player is going to do at any point on the field regardless of down and distance.

That is what makes opposing QB's think a bit longer. Make them a bit unsure of what that pre snap read is. No cues based on personnel. No cues based on down and distance. No cues period. That is what this defense is supposed to do.

If you guys follow me on Twitter, you would know that I pounded the table for LeCounte pre-draft (@OconRecon can vouche). This was a guy I felt could fit perfectly into the Woods' scheme. He can cover a lot of ground and can play sideline-to-sideline. He can hit. His leadership and attitude (he is an absolute dawg) is something that could give our defense that nasty reputation. I am very excited about LeCounte's potential in Cleveland.

Yep, and it was your #1 desire at the start of day #3.

I love the way AB drafts based on everything (analytics, tape, fit) early in the draft, but then leans toward game tape by the end. LaCounte and the RB are definitely game-tape-based picks.

Supposedly LaCounte's GPS data shows a quick-read decision maker.
He moves early in the play, and decisively, vs the average S. That's how he does it.

So, maybe there is still some analytics splashed in there haha.

They only used Andy for like a 117 snaps all season. So I am not surprised at all CLE and pretty much the entire NFL didn't draft a FB. It's pretty much an obsolete position in the NFL at this point. I'd rather see Chubb and Hunt in the backfield if CLE is putting two backs there. Or do like just about everyone else and put a TE back there

Top Bottom