Pick 52 ... Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame | Page 6 | Barking Hard

Pick 52 ... Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

F dem 1st round picks …

He has bulked up a bit which has helped him. The significantly improved D line is resulting in free gaps. All of which is allowing JOK to excel at his strength. Not sure his pass coverage has been much improved, but I have not watched him closely in coverage. You happen to have seen what his PFF or other grades?

He has bulked up a bit which has helped him. The significantly improved D line is resulting in free gaps. All of which is allowing JOK to excel at his strength. Not sure his pass coverage has been much improved, but I have not watched him closely in coverage. You happen to have seen what his PFF or other grades?
The best part though is he is still learning and growing into his role.. He's made a good jump so far I think..

SInce Woods left the whole D has been improved but JOK in particular and Delpit.
Delpit picked it up the back half of last year. I think the main thing with him is that it took him.that long to actually feel/play like he did before his ACL injury. Getting to where mentally it's no longer in the back of your mind ends up different for everyone.

I don't want to praise Woods, or discount what Schwartz is doing, but Woods never had the front 4 we now have (note he has NO D in top 10 in almost every D category). Now clearly from a leader/communicator Woods not in the same zip code as Schwartz. I'd also very much agree that Woods tried to much to fit players to his scheme rather than adjusting the scheme to fit the players. I think that in NO he landed where there were players who better fit the scheme as he wants to run it.

SInce Woods left the whole D has been improved but JOK in particular and Delpit.
I'm still trying to figure out why its working with woods in N.O. But I gotta believe that it can't last... But Carr is have a bang up season thus far... And I'm sure that factors in part of the equasion for them...

Delpit picked it up the back half of last year. I think the main thing with him is that it took him.that long to actually feel/play like he did before his ACL injury. Getting to where mentally it's no longer in the back of your mind ends up different for everyone.

I don't want to praise Woods, or discount what Schwartz is doing, but Woods never had the front 4 we now have (note he has NO D in top 10 in almost every D category). Now clearly from a leader/communicator Woods not in the same zip code as Schwartz. I'd also very much agree that Woods tried to much to fit players to his scheme rather than adjusting the scheme to fit the players. I think that in NO he landed where there were players who better fit the scheme as he wants to run it.
Woods schemes just seem leaky to me at best when I think of how far off the ball the secondary plays in his scheme.. But as you eluded to... When you have a front 4 that's solid.. You can get away with things for the short term... Minnifield and Dixon actually did the reverse for our D line then... We had a good Dline then but I never considered it great... But naturally.. The game then was more Horizontal back then..... And The deep out was pretty much the money throw you had to make unless you were Montana and could nickel and dime everyone to death

Top Bottom