R.I.P Kobe | Barking Hard

R.I.P Kobe

Great 8

Was shocked for a couple of hours still smh.

Kobe was a basketball performer. watched most of his games. being a Lifetime Laker fan he was the start of another great era for them. of all the cool pictures his artistry painted his 60 point last game just puts him over the top. who does that ?

He was just getting going on the rest of his life, I thought he would come up with something that would blow us all away again. now he will do that on the other side. we will see it over there now.

Go Mamba

I will not get on a helicopter. that thing don't even look like a Bird.

This is a huge shock even 24 hours later. The company I work with (Panini) had Kobe as a spokesman. We put cards and autographs of him in all of our basketball products. The first things you see when you walk into our lobby are several gigantic photos and replica cards of the guy. We had a guy out there doing an autograph signing with him and for a few hours several were wondering if he was on the helicopter (he wasn't).

Roberto Clemente's death is the only one I can think of in the sports world that has the combination of both the unexpectedness of the event and magnitude of the person.

This is a huge shock even 24 hours later. The company I work with (Panini) had Kobe as a spokesman. We put cards and autographs of him in all of our basketball products. The first things you see when you walk into our lobby are several gigantic photos and replica cards of the guy. We had a guy out there doing an autograph signing with him and for a few hours several were wondering if he was on the helicopter (he wasn't).Roberto Clemente's death is the only one I can think of in the sports world that has the combination of both the unexpectedness of the event and magnitude of the person.
Thurman Munson in 1979 might have had that impact? Guy was traveling by helicopter to see his family in Ohio.40 years later he’s still beloved by Yankee fans. He wasn’t at the top of his field like Kobe but was still an active player when it happened

Kobe Bryant & His Daughter Took Communion In Church Before Fatal Crash

It’s comforting to know that Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna attended church on the day they passed away. According to reports, the father and daughter duo took communion right before boarding their flights. Father Steve Sallot of Our Lady Queen of Angels Church in Newport Beach, Calif. was one of the last people to see them alive.
https://getuperica.com/129289/kobe-bryant-daughter-communion-church-before-crash-death/

Remembering Kobe Bryant, 'a good and faithful Catholic'
https://catholic-sf.org/news/the-catholic-faith-of-kobe-bryant

It's still, days after the fact, pretty crazy to me.

I wasn't a fan, and I've had some pretty candid discussions about the man. I think the biggest thing for me is, like Kobe, I've faced the prejudice of not having a son and the supposed inherent disappointment that is supposed to follow that. Having daughters has been a wonderful experience I wouldn't change for the world. Kobe wanted his daughter to blaze her own trail and that's how I feel about my girls. There's nothing they cant do that a son could have also done if I were to have had one instead.

Kobe was polarizing but he defined Basketball for a generation of NBA fans and I think you can't be a basketball fan and not feel this in some way, it's awful and before his time. Way before his little girl was due a date with the reaper.

I really hadn't followed him much over the years. Before the tragedy I recall some years back his last pro game but that's about it.

Was not aware of that fact EE. I know a few will point out he had some transgressions in his past but what's come out after the tragedy was he seemed to be a good family man.

Top Bottom