Shep | Barking Hard

Shep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shep

Awards
Yeah, L.A. types tuck their tails as they WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS, right? Get over your loathing of the coastal elite or whatever. People are people. Good ones and bad ones, tough ones and pussies everywhere. Nothin' special about your corner of Ohio or any other state. Or maybe they're all special. Whatever.

Notice that I've never, ever gone after you based on region or implied that if L.A. is all gay elitists, then you must be admitting that Ohio is... what? All fat trailer park Palin-loving creationist neanderthals with bad mustaches?

Neither is true. But if you want one, you gotta accept the other.

You're not the peacemaker, KoK. You're a nasty little feller, and there's always gonna be some of you on any board, which is fine. But don't try to weasel your way out of it, or to act like you aren't part of the klatch... it's the other guys!

Going Orwellian. How Bush league.

First of all, I didn't say anybody's incompetent. You need to work for the GOP, Tom. You slip in these words until you convince yourself that I said them.

I never said there's "zero evidence of a winner" about anybody.

I can't respond to your posts because they rarely have anything to do with anything I actually say!

As far as giving Holmgren credit for Kurt Warner because he was in a camp with Green Bay... HUH? Do the Browns get credit for Lenny Dawson? Is it just a zip code thing?

Guys he actually developed into quarterbacks are Steve Young (his master stroke), Favre (Wolf's get but a wild man, another big score), and Hasselbeck (the one most people know him for).

Brunell didn't spend enough time or play enough in Green Bay to do anything but show potential. There wasn't time or opportunity for any of the others he's "touched" (including Charlie Frye) to be considered his projects.

I like Holmgren. I pushed for his hiring. I still like him and have faith in him. But I like to dwell in the real world based on the real truth. And the notion that he's been sprinkling fairy dust on low-round QBs and making them stars is absurd.

So let me get this straight because philosophically speaking it sounds outrageous. You're saying there's ZERO evidence of a winner in Colt McCoy. Before he went 10-3, 10-2, 12-1 and 13-1 as a starter at Texas - he lit it up in high school. Here's a cut and paste from a source online: "Coached by his father, Brad, at Jim Ned H.S. ... three-year letterman at quarterback who posted a 34-2 record as a starter." Adding high school and college together he's 79-9 as a starter.

Meanwhile, the Jimmy Clausen that took over after Quinn led ND to 3 straight BCS appearances went 16-19 in the exact same program/offense. That's not exactly taking a program to another level. Well, actually it is - in the WRONG direction. You're saying it'll be tons easier at the next level? For someone that wants everyone to think he's a QB guru - you're really not selling anyone but your closest friend on the board about Clausen Shep.

FWIW, Holmgren has had the following QBs in his training camp at Green Bay:
Don Majikowski, Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, Kurt Warner...
Holmgren has been to 2 Superbowls with Green Bay and 1 Superbowl with Seattle after multiple Superbowls as an OC in SF. Where are you seeing such incompetance with QBs or winning?
- Tom F.

MZ Spec And You?
WTF goes on in that snake pit head of yours?

Dan, you may not realize this, but it's a fact: MZ and I were the two who chose to leave the old board that was going nuts (mostly because of Lumbergh), and Spec quickly joined us and became invaluable... because neither MZ nor I know shit about websites.

Basically, this board was our invention. The three of us and a few others were here when we were coming up with names and rules and such. We're the founders. That's why I'm very proprietary about it... which in turn is part of why I got so upset seeing it become even uglier and nastier than the place we left.

I know you want me to be crazy or mean or narcissistic or... whatever works. I'm none of those things, Dan, and never have been. I feel bad that I cracked under the attacks and brought out my nasty side... but those attacks were coming from the same people who polluted the last board and they know who they are.

It's over now, thank God. It can't happen because we're operating this board the way we discussed at its genesis: no personal attacks.

I'm proud of this place again.

I don't doubt that, Masters... but none of it changes anything. MZ and I started talking about it, then Spec and some others (might've been you) got into the group e-mails. Then we made a stop at Nav's board on the way here. But we laid all the plans for this board in those group e-mails.

It's not like that's controversial or anything. You were there, right? I don't get the confusion.

Anyway, I wanted this board to be better and now I think it is. The personal stuff just got too ugly. Now that's it's being pulled, it's all going great again.

I smelled desperation and bitterness, came here to see if I could save any innocent children or puppies. Seems like MZ beat me to it.

If you think I'm gleeful, you should have been a fucking fly on the fucking wall here at the Shep household with me, my boys, my daughter and her boyfriend. We were sick. The Browns have this pattern of playing well for 1.75 quarters and then shitting the bed.

I've been pulling hard for Delhomme, so take your fucking tampons out, grow up, and get over your kneejerk responses to my truth-telling: Delhomme lost this game for us. That was a STUPID interception late in the first half in scoring territory, either a 10 or 14 point turnaround. Then the equally stupid duck he threw up out of his own endzone.

That's who he's been for a long time, an interception machine. Pisses me off. If you guys cared more, you'd be pissed off, too. You just donated your balls to Holmgren's big jar and don't have enough testosterone left to be pissed off.

Bring on Wallace already.

I think we have a team that's a pretty damn good "cockpit" for a quarterback and will be even better by next year with another lineman added. With Lauvao healthy and Pashos back in, we'll have a Top 10 line. Next year, it could be Top 3. LT and C are cornerstones and we're really good there.

I like our running backs and tight ends a lot. We need a faster scarier receiver. We have a defense that isn't a sieve and can keep us in games.

This is NOT the debacle Alex Smith or Tim Couch walked into. The main reason we aren't very good yet is that we're one of the worst forward passing teams in the league again. We rank near the bottom of the league at QB and WR.

It's not all that complicated, no matter how much shit Veg or Danamal tries to throw my way. If you want to be honest and accurate about the state of the Browns? That's it. We're really weak in the passing game. It has to be fixed. We need a #1 QB and a #1 WR.

Accept it or live a lie. Your call, guys.

The majority of the board, dude. It's no secret. There is just too much drama coming from the both of you to take either of you seriously. It is why I am not here as much. You ruin the board.

Absolute funniest line of the year. I literally laughed out loud. It crammed so much Kaufmann-esque brilliance into such a small space, it deserves an award.

1. Your "we all hate you" 4th grade tact has passed through tired and pathetic on its way to hilarious. I thank you for it. You know you've never had a lot of people like you or agree with you. You have ears close to your mouth. You know you're not likable or agreeable... which isn't necessarily a horrible thing, but be self-aware... unless this is just an act and you like being this funny.

2. The best part: "It's why I'm not here as much. You ruin the board." That's like saying I dried the deck with my hose. A board getting worse because you and your vitriol aren't here as much?

THAT'S brilliance. You need to write more.

But Veg... please notice: This was a fun, heated, and active debate and thread until you dropped in with your usual brilliance: "I hate Shep! All the other kids hate Shep, too! AAAAHHHHRGGH!"

Might just consider skipping it. Adds nothing.

Oh. Dear. God. You have got to be freaking kidding me. What a crock of self-righteous, humorless, bitchy drivel. Holy shit. Grow a fucking dick and a sense of humor at the same time.

A low blow to the troops? Uh... WHAT??? C'mon. Anybody who could rub two fucking IQ points together knows it's a knock on self-righteous people who question other people's patriotism or fandom.

Which you just did.

C'mon, man. You're better than this. You wanna sell that disingenuous bullshit, you'll have to find a bunch of dumbass zealots. Here we have a sense of humor. If you can't keep up, don't play.

I'm literally deeply saddened right now. I just give too much credit to people. Damn.

[/I]I remember catching shit for pointing out what was wrong with DA, being called a Quinn fag all the time.
Yup, to knock the finest quarterbacking we've seen since the return when you pointed out obvious flaws as to why the guy wasn't a long term solution meant you weren't a Browns fan.
Gee, no wonder even when people agree with you, unless it's a word for word agreement you're willing to turn on them.

That statement was the single lowest blow you could ever muster.
It's sickening.
I don't give a damn if it was meant as a joke or not, never say something like that.
I don't know how many men and women in the armed forces read us, registered or unregistered, but there's no excuse to make them feel like anyone here doesn't pray every night for their safe return home.
I've heard some pretty low stuff out of you Shep, but that just takes the cake.

Last edited:
I'm an avid reader, so I thought I'd give you the thoughts on the situation by one of my favorite authors, George R.R. Martin......

[/LIST]

That's seriously great stuff. We've become SO blind to the very concept of "greed" in our country, out of well-meaning commitment to capitalism and "the free market."

Greed is not good. Greed is selfish, cold, and disconnected from the whole, the greater good, some sense of point and purpose to this generally fucked up world.

That said, I have to explain again: People who make over $250,000 are NOT rich and should not have to pay 1990s taxes ever, ever again. However, teachers who average $50,000 ARE rich, enjoy "lavish" benefits (Bill Reilly)... and are generally lazy, according to several Fox News commentators.

Yes, the exact same ones who said people making $250,000 are NOT rich. I never stop being amazed at what people can make come out of their mouths in service to their overlords.

And Jerry Jones is a dick who caused this mess with arrogant threats. Eat the rich.

You are pretty much right on.

Seriously... you know that was kinda funny. If the child of Hitler and Satan came on this board, told me the NFL's all about eating babies and running the football... you'd say, "You really nailed it, man."

C'mon. Signs of life. Tell me you know that was a little funny.

What's great about this country is you are entitled to your opinion and can express it, even if it is bias and misguided.

I think you take a little too much advantage of it though. And it's "biased."

And I realize in trying to be funny I probably came off like a prick. Sorry.

No worries, man. I just thought it was kinda funny. You disagree with me on virtually everything I say... ever... and I thought we'd both find it kinda funny.

No malice intended at all. Peace. Nobody's a douche.

You're pretty much a fuckin douche for that post.........but I think that has pretty much been established on here already. Oh sorry, you know know that was a joke right.

Nice way to contribute to a good football conversation. You can't just talk football you always got to elevate it with some childish BS post to to stroke your ego.......dickhead

Oh yea almost forgot............."I thought you were better then that". Why are you being so dickish and getting up my ass.

Wow. Okay. We could just be totally un-funny and mean. That's always amusing.

But know this: Every time you say "we all," your vagina grows a little bit. It's kind of a Pinocchio thing. When you, Veg, and Riff circle jerk about me, it doesn't amount to "we all." You might wanna give it up because it's lame.

And that said... I still dig batting it around with each of you. The "we all" thing's just gay.

BTW, my son who's been gone at UA for a couple weeks now just wrote me the nicest e-mail about how excited he is to be going to the opener with me... and that he misses me. You have to understand that Jack is about as alpha as it gets, thinks me and his two siblings talk way too much about our feelings, and rarely says anything REMOTELY emotional.

I'm a bit choked up. But Y, I'll make sure to tell him dad's secretly a "fuckin douche!!"

This whole situation is absurd. We're talking about weed. It's 2014 not 1914, Reefer Madness was propaganda. I live in Denver and guess what, the city is still standing 6 months in to our little social experiment.

This is just another example of how the ridiculous laws and rules associated with marijuana cause far more harm than the drug itself.

Agree. And Massachusetts is a statistically good marriage state (in spite of gay marriage destroying the sanctity) and living longer (in spite of dreaded Obamacare).

Damn statistics!!

You're a wise, wise old sensai, BDU. Thank you so much for the advice. I really don't know what I'd do without your hard earned life experience or your kindness in sharing it. "Shut the fuck up" and "I don't give a shit about your feelings" are almost guru-like in their obvious impartiality and, again, wisdom.

Advise on, big man! And do put us in our place from your position of authority whenever you see fit.

(I think BDU's like 12 or something so I'm obviously teasing. But the reason to address your post is it was weird.)

The only reason you felt the need to address my post is because you know you've been niggling. You shouldn't need someone to point it out. You're a big boy. N2N stepped in but you and KJP still kept on AO for being too negative. Shut the fuck up, look away, go outside, whatever - don't single a guy out for not thinking the way you do. That went beyond constructive conversation that had nothing to do with football. Given the crap he got last year for simply being correct he's the last person who deserves it.

I still haven't read anybody slamming Brian Hoyer or saying he shouldn't be starting... just people saying people are saying that.

Hey, it's like those Fox News lead-ins: "People are talking about..."

What a great way to talk about something nobody's talking about. Just say, "People are talking about..."

And a great way to let off steam or work up some indignation is to create something to get really mad about, even if it hasn't happened.

It really is impossible to have any kind of nuanced, calm conversation about quarterbacks on a board. Yes, Hoyer is playing really well, a huge relief after his shitty preseason. It's okay to say both those things because, well.. they're both true.

Hoyer had a fantastic game on Sunday. His fourth quarter wasn't as good as the first three. He missed that pass. Shouldn't have come to that point anyway, but he did miss it, as Sobo tweeted repeatedly today (with a sort of "get over it" attitude). Both of those things can be said because both are true.

Hoyer has earned the right to keep starting. And I'm excited about Manziel's potential down the line. I like both guys. Have for a while now.

But somehow that's "passive aggression." Which, of course, it's not. At all. By definition. But why let that get in the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom