Spirituality in Quarantine | Barking Hard

Spirituality in Quarantine

Chuck Brown

I typically avoid the Church and State part of the site but have started some threads in the past here on occasion. I'll lurk at times around these parts. I do recall starting a thread here asking about spirituality of members here. So I guess I'll do sort of an update on it if there's anything anyone does here for spirituality in these times with most churches/congregations/places of worship closed. Again I'm not here to start a whole creation vs evolution argument or tell you what to believe/not to believe. Just sorta a topic of conversation that hoping won't burn down....

I've said before here born and raised Catholic. My father's family is/was very devout. I do believe in prayer. I've done it a lot before and after this period for people I care about.

The Church I belong to sometimes posts videos of Mass on their website since it's been quarantined. They did it for Easter. I watched some of it to try to bring some of the good news of He Is Risen into my life. I gotta say I was a little disappointed to an extent there was no real talk to sort of be well in these times or on the website. Just the sort of standard sermon. I mean typically it's usually the elderly that are most active from my experience in the Church. And you know that's kinda the demographic easily affected most by Covid. Especially the ones with poor immune systems.

Not to divert too much there. But yeah I pray and watched that Easter mass video.

Chuck
If you don’t like that parish there are others that have all gone online.

I’m getting tired of the online masses myself and look forward to an actual live mass.

Looking forward to asking father how he got such a nice
Haircut last week lol

I too was raised Catholic was even an alter boy!
These are strange times we’re living in now and
for those who find comfort in faith I’m sure not
being able to attend mass has affected your
relationship with whomever you pray to and
online mass must seem strange but if faith
has taught us anything it’s that this isn’t the
new norm and things will return as they were
hopefully sooner than later.

Top Bottom