Stefanski at Thanksgiving | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Stefanski at Thanksgiving

I’ve been reading where Stefanski let off in the second half with the playcalling. Since I did not see the game, I don’t know. But if this is true, he better get over that syndrome. Teams can score a lot of points in a hurry and beat you when you play conservative after you’ve done some things to open up a lead and then forget what you’ve done to get that lead.

Not sure they let off the gas on at calling. The execution was definitely lacking in the second half. Second half possessions were

- 3 and out after a holding penalty on 1st down
- 8 play 50 yard drive that took 3:39 off the clock and resulted in a FG
- 3 and out after the pick.
- 9 play drive for all of 24 yards which took 7:05 off the clock (leading by 20 with 5:50 left in the 4th quarter after the punt)
- 4 play and fumble on the sneak to try and get 1 yard to close it out.

The other teams defense gets paid too. Up by 25 even after TEN TD drive to start the second half you simply don't throw it all around like they did in the first half.

3 points in the second half isn’t exactly putting the pedal to the metal but, I’m extremely happy with another victory for the Browns. In past years, the Browns would constantly find ways to lose these types of games, as well as any other type of game. This year the tide has changed. The Browns are finding ways to win. The sign of a winner. The guys in this team aren’t there for just a paycheck. They hate losing! Another sign of a winner. Guys like that win SuperBowls ;)

3 points in the second half isn’t exactly putting the pedal to the metal but, I’m extremely happy with another victory for the Browns. In past years, the Browns would constantly find ways to lose these types of games, as well as any other type of game. This year the tide has changed. The Browns are finding ways to win. The sign of a winner. The guys in this team aren’t there for just a paycheck. They hate losing! Another sign of a winner. Guys like that win SuperBowls ;)
I don't mean to call only getting 3pts keeping the pedal down. I meant that I don't think the play calling was taking the pedal off. The execution looked more of the issue. That and TEN defense did decide to show up for the second half (those guys get paid to show up too). But when up by that much most sensible coaches are going to play call with trying to reduce risk of turnovers that could allow that 20-30pt gap to be closed

I am with you, that is the type of lead browns teams of the past would find ways to lose. Even when TEN made it interesting late this team found a way to not allow victory to slip away

Vrabel is also a dude that can make adjustments. Let’s not forget Titans are a good team with a mediocre defense at best. I’m just happy that offense took two quarters to get going.

It’s possible we see Vrabel and the Titans again in the playoffs. I would expect the same end result by a lot bigger margin. The Browns are good enough to fear no team. Once they start putting together 4 full quarters of execution? Look out!

Stefanski is gonna beat the Jets for his 11th win, and at worst be competitive vs the Steelers. He did this in Cleveland during CoVid 2020. The team looks better every week.

He deserves it. He should win it. He should be the from runner per anyone with a set of eyeballs.

The last HC that was this disciplined was probably Mangini.

I think Mangini and Butch Davis were the two better HCs of the list 1999 to pre-Stefanski.
Then we had a few good Coordinators that wore too big shoes and finally got burnt. Crennel,Pettine, GGG Williams, Chudzinski. Even Kitchens was a good coordinator under the right guidance. It must be awfully difficult to evaluate a good coordinator and project him in the role of HC. Just like with QBs, you must also be lucky.

I don't know how Stefanski doesn't win the HC of the Year after a road playoff win in pit with multiple players out including himself who was shunned from the game by the NFL?

Top Bottom