Stefanski - Coach Of The Year | Barking Hard

Stefanski - Coach Of The Year

Congratulations young man. You earned it in multiple ways. Just getting the whole team pulling in the same direction is hard enough let alone having to overcome the buffoonery and dysfunction from prior regimes. Let alone the pandemic. You have lifted the weight off the franchise' collective shoulders. Good Job!!
(y)(y)(y)👏👏👏

You The Best GIF by memecandy

Things aren't the same in Berea.
This sure beats the hell out of discussing who the next HC is going to be.
We've done that way too many times in the past.
As Cliff (Brownsfan) had said, "continuity is a good thing".
Stefanski has things going in a great direction in spite of the circumstances of 2020.
I'm looking forward to seeing the continuity running into next season.
KS sure earned that reward.

Looking at the analytics of coaching Stefanski did very well. Especially as a 1st year HC finishing a couple spots ahead of Tomlinson, but a couple spots behind Harbaugh. LaFleur is only in his 2nd year with GBay and was 5th in his rookie season so Stefanski is in damn good company as is arguably now the strongest division in the NFL with 3 of the 4 HC's all ranked top 10 and all with young QB's except pit. :cool:

Note that all of the best/worst calls were fourth down situations. I don't buy into it completely, but it is worth a look. I got the link from a Scott Patsko "Insider" article on the HC's that has no link at this time, but this is where his article/info came from.

I look forward to many years of winning. Now if they can shore up that defense, which I think they will, we are going to see who Joe Woods really is this year. I hope he proves me wrong .

Lol... I love his attitude... You can tell he hates losing... My only disappointment was Stef getting ultra conservative when it really mattered... (that last drive).. But... I'm hoping this year lesson learned... I like the guy...
By conservative on the last drive do you mean when he chose to punt from his own 32 yard line with 4:31 left on the clock, a timeout left (plus 2 minute warning), and down by 5pts?

I'm talking about the very last time the offense had the ball.. He went ultra conservative calling consecutive run plays that netted 0 first downs ...
What I described was the last offensive possession. There were no consecutive run plays. And only 2 run play of 0 or less yards in the full possession

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-170308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-170308_Chrome.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Before the punt you're referencing.
4th and 9 from their own 32 yard line with 4:31 left on the clock, a timeout left (plus 2 minute warning), and down by 5pts.

I had to ask which point because I couldn't think of a reason you might be thinking they punted before it being 4th down ;-)

NP.

I thought that was the right call there as much as I hate to put the game in the hands of our defense. If he goes for it on 4th and nine and comes up short the game is over as they could kick a FG after three straight run plays. Even if those runs net them 1 yard per play putting the ball at the 29 yard line that typically is a 46 yard FG attempt. That is very makeable.

for me it came down to a gamble.you gamble on the OFF or you gamble on the D.
I would rather go down in possession,in control then to give away your initiative to an OFF like KC
at least you could say you had a red hot go at it with your best unit on the field.
our guys are dawgs, when we really need it they do come up with it
we would have got that 1st IMO..

Top Bottom