Stefanski - Coach Of The Year | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Stefanski - Coach Of The Year

down by 5? ok so they get the FG? and we are still in a 1 TD ball game.we just need a 2P conversion
at least you'd have time IF the D could stop them
Im sure KS would throw the dice with the OFF If he had the chance again
I guess the takeaway here is our D was never going to be good enough to win deep in the playoffs.it sucked.

I like my chances giving the ball to the D and our D put them in a 3rd and 13 before they blew that one play. I thought we'd be getting the ball back. When two good teams play each other winning really does come down to a couple of plays that are the difference. We happened to be on the short end that day.

I like my chances giving the ball to the D
really? you sat there sipping your beer? because I was jumping up and down screaming time out like a madman at the TV
"run a fake no no no PUNT" I knew how bad our D is under pressure.I just knew we wouldnt see the ball again
no BS man-true story.Ive been watching our D like a hawk all year.our OFF was great in the clutch.all year they pulled off miracles
Im not monday mornin QBing this - I thought it at the time.I knew it.goddamnit I knew it.

I'm more like HC Stefanski. Calm under pressure...usually.

I stand by what I said and what Stefanski opted to do in that situation. It was the right thing to do.
I don't like it, but it was our offense that failed before our defense did. I'm pretty sure you recognize that.

This article sheds some light on all the outstanding HC's Stefanski will be going against this year. I didn't realize it until now. Its pretty much an "A" list of Head Coaches in the NFL. There will be very little margin for error in how we game plan each opponent, week in and week out.

Not sure there are many folks touting KS as the next Lombardi. Sure there are going to be some fans that go all "fan" think that. Just as there are going to be some that go all "fan" touting Baker like he's the next Rogers, Peyton, Brady ( insert the hall of fame QB of your choice).

KS did not go all ultra conservative in the KC game. Last offensive possession

Screenshot_20210827-135808_Chrome.jpg

If anything CLE got too pass happy in the KC game. Throwing it 37 times (for all of 205 yards) while running only 22 times (for over 100). Chubb only got 13 carries and probably should have got 20 himself.

I didn't see it then nor do I now, Masters.

Maybe Stefanski could have called better plays that last series, but 4th down and 9 at your own 32 with 4:19 left in the game? I punt and trust my defense will go three and out and get me the ball back, or better yet a turnover. The punt was the right call at that time.

I'm not going to give KC the game right there if I come up short.

I've been looking forward to week 1 of the new season for months. I wanted to see with my eyes how improved our defense was. We spent last year ranting about Joe Woods schemes but eventually agreed he had to work with poor quality players and lots of injuries. So with the additions of JJ3, Hill, Clowney, Walker and the return of Billings, I really expected big things from the defensive side of the ball. I expected not to be depending on the offense scoring 30+ points to win games. I thought I would not see that gigantic hole in the middle where opposing QBs (not just great QBs like Mahomes) can complete quick hits making the pass rush virtually impossible. I thought I would not see opposing QBs, on third down and long, step out of the pocket and trot 7/8 yards to take an easy first down. We ended last season not knowing how to cover TEs and we started the new one with the same freaking problem. 9 for 13 third down efficiency, even against the best team in the AFC, is not acceptable.
OK, we don't like Joe Woods. But, does Stefanski like THIS? Does AB like THIS?
I really hope Berea will host a heated discussion today.

he was angry and aggressive in the post presser
he said we got out coached and the OFF looked great, for the most part
so he must be talkin about joe. why are we playing smith and taki when they are not running the ball?
we need SPEED on the field.especially at LB so WhyTF have smith out there?
the chiefs love those matchups. woods needs a great base D to rely on and play more man coverage's
his blitzing was terrible.he blitzed mckinley from the edge.the slowest most predictable blitz Ive ever seen.
woods doesnt know how to use his players,thats obvious now.
we are going to end up the next detroit.playoff worthy OFF but cant get anywhere because the D is wild AF
woods? you're on notice..

I've been looking forward to week 1 of the new season for months. I wanted to see with my eyes how improved our defense was. We spent last year ranting about Joe Woods schemes but eventually agreed he had to work with poor quality players and lots of injuries. So with the additions of JJ3, Hill, Clowney, Walker and the return of Billings, I really expected big things from the defensive side of the ball. I expected not to be depending on the offense scoring 30+ points to win games. I thought I would not see that gigantic hole in the middle where opposing QBs (not just great QBs like Mahomes) can complete quick hits making the pass rush virtually impossible. I thought I would not see opposing QBs, on third down and long, step out of the pocket and trot 7/8 yards to take an easy first down. We ended last season not knowing how to cover TEs and we started the new one with the same freaking problem. 9 for 13 third down efficiency, even against the best team in the AFC, is not acceptable.
OK, we don't like Joe Woods. But, does Stefanski like THIS? Does AB like THIS?
I really hope Berea will host a heated discussion today.

I really hope they fire Joe Woods.. Because.. Nothing has changed... He calls the same stupid scheme that ensures we give up the lead and lose games.. But by the same token.. you can't put the ball on the ground either... This was a team loss despite the obvious choke fest put on display..

this zone D is so predictable.not just predictable but also it hands the initiative to the OFF.
in zone the OFF can pick the matchups they like.they know exactly where our guys will be and their assignments
in man? the D picks the matchups it likes. now thats a BIG difference.
to just play base zone? it makes no logical sense.it can be easily picked apart.
a QB who can run (or barely run even) can screw up your entire scheme instantly. In zone.no one is assigned to the QB.
this zone base D will NEVER be any good.dont expect improvement when the scheme itself is fundamentally flawed.

so whats the solution? mix it up blitz,play man and zone.be unpredictable.surprise opponents.BOO! be innovative.
thats one thing our D definitely is not doing. surprising OC's. Its just too easy.
to my mind zone base is lazy for coaches and players.its not innovative, its lazy.it encourages "ball watching"
you want to kill the underneath plays and dink and dunks? PLAY MAN COVERAGE!
because this sh^t right here? aint working.

If we don't find a way to kill the short throws and/or avoid the opposing QB to get out of the pocket and run untouched for the yards needed to get the first down, we are making Garrett and Clowney useless. They will always be a step too late to get to a QB that can complete in the middle 100% of the times. I won't be the one who teaches Joe Woods how to make his job, but those 5 DBs have fucked us the whole 2020 season and will hurt our chances again to go deep in the playoffs this year.
I really don't get it. I'd prefer to be beaten on an 80 yards big play rather than by 10 consecutive 7-yards throws in the middle.
The time of possession in the 3rd quarter was 12:57 vs. 2:03 in favor of the Chiefs.
Here's why:

first drive of the third quarter:

Kansas City Chiefs at 15:00
1-10-KC 25 (15:00) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire right end to KC 28 for 3 yards (M.McDowell).
2-7-KC 28 (14:24) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire right tackle to KC 32 for 4 yards (A.Walker).
3-3-KC 32 (13:48) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short right to T.Hill to KC 38 for 6 yards (D.Ward). P11
1-10-KC 38 (13:12) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire right tackle to KC 42 for 4 yards (T.McKinley).
2-6-KC 42 (12:36) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to M.Hardman to KC 49 for 7 yards (J.Johnson). P12
1-10-KC 49 (11:53) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete short middle.
Penalty on KC, Ineligible Downfield Pass, declined.
2-10-KC 49 (11:49) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short middle to T.Kelce to CLV 39 for 12 yards (T.Hill; D.Ward). P13
1-10-CLV 39 (11:09) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete short middle to T.Kelce.
2-10-CLV 39 (11:05) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire left guard to CLV 36 for 3 yards (M.Jackson).
3-7-CLV 36 (10:31) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes scrambles right end ran ob at CLV 28 for 8 yards (G.Williams). R14
1-10-CLV 28 (9:55) C.Edwards-Helaire up the middle to CLV 19 for 9 yards (M.Stewart).
2-1-CLV 19 (9:19) P.Mahomes pass short right to T.Hill to CLV 13 for 6 yards (J.Johnson). P15
1-10-CLV 13 (8:35) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes scrambles up the middle to CLV 6 for 7 yards (M.Smith; J.Johnson).
2-3-CLV 6 (7:47) (Shotgun) PENALTY on KC-T.Hill, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CLV 6 - No Play.
Timeout #1 by KC at 07:33.
2-8-CLV 11 (7:33) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to T.Kelce for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P16

And here's the second drive of the quarter:

Kansas City Chiefs at 5:56
1-10-KC 47 (5:56) C.Edwards-Helaire right tackle to KC 48 for 1 yard (M.Jackson; J.Clowney).
2-9-KC 48 (5:22) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short right to M.Hardman ran ob at CLV 44 for 8 yards (D.Ward).
3-1-CLV 44 (4:43) (Shotgun) Direct snap to B.Bell. B.Bell up the middle to CLV 42 for 2 yards (M.Garrett). R17
1-10-CLV 42 (4:05) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire up the middle to CLV 37 for 5 yards (J.Owusu-Koramoah).
2-5-CLV 37 (3:24) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short right to B.Bell to CLV 34 for 3 yards (D.Ward).
3-2-CLV 34 (2:44) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to C.Edwards-Helaire pushed ob at CLV 20 for 14 yards (A.Walker
). P18
1-10-CLV 20 (2:11) (Shotgun) Da.Williams left guard to CLV 16 for 4 yards (M.Stewart).
2-6-CLV 16 (1:35) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes sacked at CLV 20 for -4 yards (J.Jackson).
3-10-CLV 20 :)53) (Shotgun) PENALTY on KC-L.Niang, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CLV 20 - No Play.
3-15-CLV 25 :)43) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete deep right to D.Robinson.
4-15-CLV 25 :)36) H.Butker 43 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Winchester, Holder-T.Townsend.

The only deep pass of the quarter was forced by a 3rd and 15, but the Chiefs came back in the game by running the ball (which was never a success the whole game: 3.2 yds/play against our 5.9) and completing in the short middle, away from our 5 DBs and our 2 deep LBs.
That's pure frustration. This game should have been a W despite fumbles and turnovers.
I really hope Stefanski will make things clear this week.

Top Bottom