Still a lack of discipline and smarts | Barking Hard

Still a lack of discipline and smarts

MinnyTesteverde

Awards
On the Bengals FG drive, before that sack the Browns stacked up the Bengals RB but with the play still alive, one of the Browns DBs decided to not hit the pile up and makes sure the play was killed, he decided to jump up and down, point his finger and dance toward the other end of the field.

Then after three or four successful runs to the 1st and goal area. instead of a play action pass the Browns run 2 obvious plays and then throw an obvious third down pass. that stopped short.

Peoples-Jones needs to go
Stefanski needs to go

Contract conditions and honest lack of a better QB prospect giving Baker another year seems to be reasonable.

I love this team, but why is it they just can't play error free, complete games? Why do they always keep the door open?

Why? I think you answered that in the thread title. Guys are coddled instead of being held accountable. Typical beta syndrome. Gawd forbid Stefanski raise his voice too or discipline a player for fucking up........

It's the new metrosexual Ken Doll head coach who gently motivates his players with feel good platitudes.
I agree with the snowflake culture that has swept the world, but I don't believe a man has to be loud and expressive to be a motivator. Landry, Shula, and Bill Walsh were fairly reserved guys, but they were engaged. Always their eyes, hands, motion was engaged with their players. ShitMyPantski looks like he is multitasking, sometimes like he is not even at the game.

Discipline doesn't require spitting like Bill Cowher, although we fans like the emotional, fire breathing leader. Stefanski' s team is undisciplined, his play calling generally plays into the strengths and expectations of the opposing defense, and if it was his decision to not pull Mayfield and get him fixed, then it is another strike against him.

I am not a player, so this is conjecture on my part, but I don't believe the players trust this man. I don't think they respect him, and I don't believe they feel that his decisions will allow they to play to their own personal strengths.

Since 1999, say whatever you want but this level of dysfunction keeps repeating itself and no matter who the faces are, the outcome more often than not is a shit, underperforming team.

Some believe that players are machines and if they are paid to perform, they should just perform. i think such a believe is propigated by men who have never lead others. Humans are emotional creatures, and most testosterone infused athletes, who don't have the biggest IQ numbers to begin with are emotionally volatile and need a motivator they believe in.

Is this repeating horseshit induced by asshole owners? Is Stefanski between a rock and a hardplace? I don't know, but I can't see any players heading into 2022believing that the Browns are a force to be reckoned with. We had Mojo coming into this season, that is now gone.

I can't see any players heading into 2022believing that the Browns are a force to be reckoned with. We had Mojo coming into this season, that is now gone.
this level of dysfunction keeps repeating itself and no matter who the faces are, the outcome more often than not is a shit, underperforming team.
you obviously hate yourself. we are going back to the PO's pal.book it.we wont see you round here no more.

Is this repeating horseshit induced by asshole owners? Is Stefanski between a rock and a hardplace? I don't know, but I can't see any players heading into 2022believing that the Browns are a force to be reckoned with. We had Mojo coming into this season, that is now gone.

Ultimately it all boils down to ownership. Since the return our ownership structure has been three clueless owners who bought NFL franchises for the easy money grabs. Al Lerner flew Modell on his personal plane encouraging him to pull the trigger and move in order to buy the expansion franchise, his son could care less about football and just lived off the money in his NY penthouse until he found a buyer. Now we are owned by a group of hillbilly billionaires from Tennessee that don't know shit about football and again, only bought the franchise for the easy and consistent money it brings in.

More often than not, any example you can put forward of consistent winners in the NFL it ultimately begins with a great owner. All of them.

Our owner is a guy who hired an accountant to run the team and promoted his in house lawyer to GM. Even when he stumbled into righting the ship by hiring Dorsey he reverted back to the businessman mindset and handed control back over to his clueless bean counter who handpicked this front office. Of course it isn't going to work.

Stefanski, no they don't believe in him. The two leaders of the team both called him out this season. He definitely isn't a stoic Tom Landry or Bill Walsh type whose presence carries that respect. He is a Beta. He came into a roster already built and rode the Covid wave to a winning season and early playoff exit. Even still, he doesn't carry himself with the respect or intelligence to keep people bought in past that season. He couldn't build off of it.

The Browns need a front office overhaul from top down. If Truckstop Jimmy isn't going to be that leader he needs to hire a strong, proven President of Football Operations and let that man strip down and hire a GM, Scouting Department and coaching staff that are all competent and on the same page.

It looks like instead for the foreseeable future we are just going to continue with the clueless bean counter running the scouting reports and playbooks through his laptop and dictating how the team is to run via spreadsheets.

The FO and coaches are all on the same page as is ownership. They had their plan last year to improve the defense and did just that by adding Newsome, and JOK in the draft and FA pick ups Clowney, Takk, McDowell and Walker. The defense developed over the season into an excellent defense as was the plan.

They messed up on OBJ no doubt and possibly Baker by playing him hurt when it appears he should've taken at least a few weeks off. That likely is more on KS and the coaching staff, but some of that is Baker too.

The Haslam's ownership has been in the background since Berry has been here as it should be. Still they bear the most obvious BS mistake of all and that is the scoreboard shaped like the state of Tennessee. Anyone can see that. The buffonery that they inherited and perpetuated until this FO was put in place is also on them, but there isn't any in fighting between the GM, FO or the coaching staff now. They are not calling each out publicly. That would be Baker if anybody. The GM isn't throwing away organizational strategy in defiance of the FO. That would be Dorsey.

Now we are owned by a group of hillbilly billionaires from Tennessee that don't know shit about football
you hate the ownership. you hate the coach. you hate the FO. you hate jim brown and you hate the players.
a true browns fan.
the truth is the CB have moved off the bottom tier of teams and is ATM firmly wedged in the middle at @.500
this is called "progress" we just need a few things to fall our way (mostly schedule) and we can break into the top third tier of teams in '22
and become that contender.you guys spinning out because of this season are just in a blind knee jerk panic mode.
relax and draft a QB. ownership,the players,the coaches and the FO are doing all they can to be a winner.
and win? we shall.
when that happens? Im coming back to these threads and Im digging up all this crap to shove down your throats as we go to the SB.

Last edited:
I agree with the snowflake culture that has swept the world, but I don't believe a man has to be loud and expressive to be a motivator. Landry, Shula, and Bill Walsh were fairly reserved guys, but they were engaged. Always their eyes, hands, motion was engaged with their players. ShitMyPantski looks like he is multitasking, sometimes like he is not even at the game.

Discipline doesn't require spitting like Bill Cowher, although we fans like the emotional, fire breathing leader. Stefanski' s team is undisciplined, his play calling generally plays into the strengths and expectations of the opposing defense, and if it was his decision to not pull Mayfield and get him fixed, then it is another strike against him.

I am not a player, so this is conjecture on my part, but I don't believe the players trust this man. I don't think they respect him, and I don't believe they feel that his decisions will allow they to play to their own personal strengths.

Since 1999, say whatever you want but this level of dysfunction keeps repeating itself and no matter who the faces are, the outcome more often than not is a shit, underperforming team.

Some believe that players are machines and if they are paid to perform, they should just perform. i think such a believe is propigated by men who have never lead others. Humans are emotional creatures, and most testosterone infused athletes, who don't have the biggest IQ numbers to begin with are emotionally volatile and need a motivator they believe in.

Those guys also commanded respect, demanded excellence and disciplined guys as needed. None of which Stefanski does......

Those guys also commanded respect, demanded excellence and disciplined guys as needed. None of which Stefanski does......
If true why would the Browns play hard for KS in a meaningless end of the season game? Particularly Jarvis, but other guys as well. If they looked like shit maybe, but they didn't.

Also, the coaching staff under KS is coming back. Sill might be some late changes, but as of now they're all coming back. And KS had talked Njoku into staying after he said he wanted out and we resigned Chubb, Hunt, Teller and Bitonio.

If true why would the Browns play hard for KS in a meaningless end of the season game? Particularly Jarvis, but other guys as well. If they looked like shit maybe, but they didn't.

Also, the coaching staff under KS is coming back. Sill might be some late changes, but as of now they're all coming back. And KS had talked Njoku into staying after he said he wanted out and we resigned Chubb, Hunt, Teller and Bitonio.
To keep there jobs?

You believe Jarvis is going to be a Brown in 2022? He's probably going to have to restructure his deal at the very least cause he hasn't played up to his 15 mil per year the last two seasons and those other guys resigned to be here awhile. Bitonio might retire a Brown.

MJ Stewart would be damn good signing too. He really played well the last half of the season.

Last edited:
To keep there jobs?
Also i dont believe that being consistently bad or inconsistently good is a good thing. In particular, the offense. If I'm Haslam or the Laptop, I'm definitely looking for ways to improve the team. The film will show who the consistent fuckups are. And then there will be casualties of the cap which i believe Landry will be. He is not re structuring when he could get paid elsewhere. Like say LA........

i also sensed a lack of motivation on the offense for most of the season. This i put squarely on the Laptop and Stefanski's shoulders! Instead of dealing with OBJ's percieved issues before they became issues, the staff chose instead to let it fester and then got rid of a well liked and very talented teammate. They wasted his talent here in Cleveland. All because Stefcuckski has no clue how to deal with talent and utilize said talents strengths to the teams advantage that would have resulted in wins. Not a good message to send to the rest of the team.....

Last edited:

There is a vast difference between playing hard and being disciplined. Their lack of discipline let the Bengals back into a game they should have won going away. You can use whatever euphemisms, analogies and adjectives that you want but the browns effort against the Bengals was pure shit. These fucktards would give DeVry Technical School a chance to get back into a game. Penalties, turnovers, dropped passes, and miscommunications persist.

This kind of shit should largely be worked out even before preseason. You have WRs who have been catching a fucking football their entire life, all of a sudden lacking the skills to do so. You have a QB who has been throwing a football his entire life now being remedied by calls for him to work on his mechanics. 3D and 19 and these fuck-holes rough the passer. Stefanski has killer running backs and is afraid to call a play action pass on second and 1, Add to that fun shit like a 23 yard punt, players parents and wives ridiculing the team, and a franchise who finds it good management to keep playing their supposed franchise QB who has been injured.....and.....you have to be out of your fucking minds to think that 2022 is going to be a great year for these assholes.

They just laid a $183 million turd, the same dickhead HC is returning and it is likely we will have a measurable amount of player loss, and we still will have Baker. Sorry man, but this blows.

Top Bottom